Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, like I told you, dragonfire, you can't build a cinematic universe around one character, which is all Sony has. WB has the DC universe, Fox has the X-Men/Fantastic Four, which encompasses nearly half of Marvel's characters, and Disney/Marvel have everything else. All Sony has is Spider-Man and they can't compete like that. And OMG, I really hope that Disney gets Fox because I really don't want Marvel film rights to stay separated forever.

That's true. Comcast has made their bid. Now it's Disney's move.
Quote:
The cable and Internet provider, which owns NBC Universal, late Wednesday offered $35 a share, or $65 billion, in cash for 21st Century Fox film and TV studio assets. This tops the $52 billion Walt Disney Co. had bid.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...fox/696235002/
Old 06-14-2018, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Morning guys
Old 06-14-2018, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Morning or good afternoon.
Quote:
Fox confirmed it received Comcast’s offer and said it would “carefully review and consider” the proposal. Disney had no immediate comment on the offer.

Disney is lining up financing in the event it chooses to counter Comcast’s offer with new terms that include cash, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Quote:
People close to Disney say Comcast may continue to have regulatory issues, given it is the largest high-speed broadband provider in the U.S. and could, as the owner of the Fox assets, have the incentive to make life difficult for rival content companies or streaming providers that depend on its pathway into customers’ homes. Comcast’s broadband concentration caused regulators to throw up roadblocks to its ill-fated attempt to buy Time Warner Cable in 2015.

It is now up to Fox to determine whether it wants to present the proposed Comcast deal to its shareholders. If it does, Disney has the right to counter with a new offer.

Fox has set a July 10 meeting for shareholders to vote on the sale to Disney, but that meeting could be postponed. Should there be a new round of bidding, the back-and-forth could stretch on for weeks, if not months, people close to the process say.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/comcast...fox-1528920230
Old 06-14-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ahh, thanks for clarifying the difference between cook and chef, Dave. And I supposed you would have to do well under pressure in any case, but especially TV. And especially when being judged by Gordon Ramsey. That guy makes Simon Cowell look polite.

Thanks for all that depressing news, dragonfire. OMG, can Disney just settle this already? We need a unified Marvel Studios with all their titles under Marvel's control. I don't want Comcast having Hulk, Fantastic Four, and X-Men.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lauren...2 girls went home this week I think in MasterChef AU...so now I think there are more guys left

Alex...MasterChef UK which was the very first MasterChef... the 2 judges never yell at the contestants. Same thing with the 3 judges from the masterchef AU... they rarely yell at a contestant one- on- one.....

Gordon gets away with yelling and stuff b/c that's he persona and that's why some people watch...and of course, the executive producers give him permission to yell as much as he wants as long has he doesn't physically harm the contestants.

Also Alex...see the DC thread on LoT if you haven't done so...for our LiveWatch on Saturday
Old 06-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I see. I'm glad Gordon's ranting isn't a normal occurrence.

I do hope Lauren posts soon so you guys can keep track of your bet.

I posted on the Legends board, Dave. I rented Gods and Monsters, but it's a two day rental and I forgot that this is Thursday, so I hope I still have it at 2pm, or else I'll just re-order it.

Oh, and I also posted a link about the gas station explosion in my township on the rant thread. I'll post it here as well.

Body Of Joe Vigilante Recovered Following Bensalem Gas Station Explosion « CBS Philly
Old 06-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel bad for the city and the people who knew him

and if there are two males in the masterchef Finale.... then I'll lose the bet for sure and will post that day....but that's a rarity on any country's masterchef….. if there's 2 females in the finale...that has happened a few times. I'm still sticking with a female to win. Same with MasterChef Canada and masterchef USA
Old 06-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, we're a township, not a city, Dave. This is the suburbs. And thanks for your condolences.

I hope a woman makes it to the finals. How many men and women are left?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd have to freeze frame and count...but it's halfway through....

If a woman wins...and I win the bet... .I'm sure Tia would be really happy to see Lauren posting on LoT... even if it's just 50 posts....

during the rewatches...Tia probably has 40 posts alone here. You guys post rapid fire and each have 30-40 posts generally, right...?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So how many men and women are left?

Yeah, Tia, Arinna, and I post a lot of comments during our watches. So this one should be good.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

from what I counted... 8 women are left and 5 men
Old 06-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for all that depressing news, dragonfire. OMG, can Disney just settle this already? We need a unified Marvel Studios with all their titles under Marvel's control. I don't want Comcast having Hulk, Fantastic Four, and X-Men.
It's always the darkest before the dawn.
Quote:
“It’s hard to say who will ultimately win,” Moffett writes. “Comcast CEO Brian Roberts certainly seems intent on owning Fox. But Disney still has the advantage of using a combination of stock and cash, and, notwithstanding Rupert Murdoch’s assertion that he will prefer whichever is the higher bid, one can assume that tax-efficient stock issuances remain more attractive than cash.”
Quote:
Some on Wall Street wonder how high Disney might be willing to go. Veteran media analyst Barton Crockett of FBR Capital Markets notes that Disney is a fiscally disciplined media company.

“For it to stretch beyond the current multiples embedded in the Fox offer, we believe, would be tough,” Crockett writes. “Disney, we think, sees Fox as nice to have, but not a must-have. So Disney, we assume, is wedded enough to this concept to stretch to match the Fox offer. But we don’t see it going much higher than that.”

Crockett thinks Disney could supplement its stock offer with cash, which would minimize the tax liability for the Murdochs and other Fox investors. Comcast could also sweeten the pot with stock. Still, the analyst thinks Disney has the edge in bidding because of fewer perceived regulatory hurdles.
https://deadline.com/2018/06/21st-ce...ve-1202410667/
Old 06-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
from what I counted... 8 women are left and 5 men
Then the women still outnumber the men, so you have a chance of winning, Dave.

Thanks for the reassuring news, dragonfire. I still won't feel good until Disney closes the deal. I want a retconned MCU with everyone in the same universe, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the Avengers... and Hank and Janet back where they belong.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought it was actually more even …. but a lot of guys eliminated and went home early
Old 06-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for the reassuring news, dragonfire. I still won't feel good until Disney closes the deal. I want a retconned MCU with everyone in the same universe, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the Avengers... and Hank and Janet back where they belong.
Quote:
Despite the fact that Comcast has submitted a much higher bid for Fox's media assets, Disney may still end up with the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchise rights.
Quote:
While Comcast's all-cash offer has seemed more appealing, at least on the surface, than Disney's stock offer, it actually appears as though Fox would prefer stock, according to Crockett. That adds another layer to the situation, no doubt. Unless someone else emerges as a new bidder, which is possible but unlikely, this could result in a split of what 21st Century Fox has on the table. Disney would potentially get to bring their Marvel characters home to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, in addition to the majority of the other assets on the table, while Comcast would get a stake in Sky. Everyone is happy. At least those involved in the sale.
https://movieweb.com/disney-x-men-fa...-assets-split/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread