Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2017, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Burnt Toast Café[OT] #762: every single otp was torn apart in DC CW Show Finaless!!! Karamel, westallen, snowbarry & olicity!!

Old 05-25-2017, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ok i think i have recovered from arrow finale now because i realised
Spoiler:

Quote:
I felt that ending was justified for all the time traveling and flashpoint in a sense feel like he deserves it
I FEEL the same sarah and im glad barry wont be leaving endless torment or pain like wally, or savatar did and god i was scared for a minute he would leave evil barry behind have the life he always shoulda had and sacrifice himself in the speed force i dunno why i had that thought ok weird runs

was shocked iris shot him glad caitlin is more herself but has some killer frostyness in her just love she is good again and that she didnt take the cure
Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Lauren! Nice title. But how dare you ignore Chrissy's comment and not reply!

Hi, Chrissy! I'm sorry that Lauren made the new thread without even reposting your post here. She's a very bad, disobedient Australian. I'm doing good, Chrissy! Thanks for asking! No, I don't watch The Bachelorette, or the Bachelor, or Dancing With The Stars, or Survivor, or any of those reality show contests. I can't stand them. Why even bother with the Bachelor or the Bachelorette when every single couple from those shows ended up breaking up except for Trista and Ryan?

One could only hope that WestAllen was torn to shreds, but Barry will be back and the annoying Iris West will still be hanging around being useless as always. My only hope is that by the time Barry gets out of the Speed Force Iris will be involved with someone else, and Barry and Caitlin can hook up then. And I'm so glad that Caitlin just told Julian to get on his bike and ride, not even hesitating. Seriously, Flash writers, no one ever gave a about Julian or him being with Caitlin. And how can anyone like WestAllen when the show constantly shoves them in our face all the time with that newspaper from the future with Iris' headline? Why even bother watching the show when the outcome is already decided? It's stupid, boring writing. SnowBarry is the break from canon that would light the story up like a volcano. Iris has been a mostly useless character in the comics for 50 fing years now.

I don't think Olicity is over, Lauren. No way will they kill her off, and we also know that Katie is back next year as Black Siren, so she's staying too. I just hope Nyssa is okay. I heard about what happened on Arrow but I haven't seen the episode yet, so I'll comment later. And did Supergirl really get rid of Mon El? Oh, please don't let them do the James/Kara thing again. He should stick with Lois Lane's sister. In fact, both James and Winn should both leave the show because I really can't stand either of them. Sorry, Lauren, I know you like Winn, but he annoys me. Typical CW characters. What's ironic is that Winn is more like what Jimmy Olsen is supposed to be in the comics.

And Karamel is Kara and Mon-El's shipper portmanteau? They just shorten his name to Mel? And Karamel, like Caramel?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-25-2017 at 05:51 AM
Old 05-25-2017, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

I thought it was interesting that S3 ended with Barry&Caitlin both going into solitude to find redemption. That's a great Snowbarry parallel. And after watching some trailers for Spider-Man Homecoming. I'm excited for it.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

sorryyy i just skim posts and be ina hurry to type im horrible that way

i actually did watch the first bachelorette eppy but missed all the guys coming shocked she was already kissing one of the guys on the first night~ looks like gonna be good season though and they cast really nice looking guys this seasn also cant belive one cried over not getting the rose!

i can see alex is very upset he prolly upset savatar rejected caitlin lalala but then was prolly just a lie to get cisco working on the gun berserka hehe im rude runs

whats wrong with winn and i like james now espcially since i met him i have really liked him as guardian why u hate everyone i love alex

just wait till u watch arrow sorry iif i spoiler anything

ooo i like the great thing dragonfire took from the ep and that parrall they are both going through a new journey in a diff direction from the team and thats def something they have in common

im waiting for my wonder womannnnnnnnn
Old 05-25-2017, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl (View Post)

i can see alex is very upset he prolly upset savatar rejected caitlin lalala but then was prolly just a lie to get cisco working on the gun berserka hehe im rude runs

im waiting for my wonder womannnnnnnnn
I don't think he rejected her. I mean compare to everyone else he treated her like she was his queen. And I'm waiting for Spider-Man!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I appreciate you admitting that you're often in a hurry, Lauren, but you still haven't replied to Chrissy. Wanna at least say hi to her?

That's a good parallel, dragonfire. Both Barry and Caitlin have become banished from Team Flash and are now out in the wilderness, broken and lost. This will be a perfect time for the show to go all SnowBarry!

My problem with Winn is that he's such a stereotypical CW character. He's the token comic relief sidekick, and that's actually Jimmy Olsen's job. James is just not Jimmy Olsen at all. He's more like John Diggle, and James isn't Guardian in the comics either. That's a completely different character. And it's not true that I hate everyone you love, Lauren. I love Oliver, and Felicity, and Kara, and Mon-El, and Barry, but you need to love Caitlin more. And Savitar was evil Barry who was willing to kill pretty much everyone, including Iris. dragonfire's right, Savitar treated Killer Frost better than anyone.

Oh, and is it wrong that I get turned on whenever Nyssa calls Oliver, "husband"? I guess I'm still waiting for the Nyssa/Oliver/Sara threesome. I'm also interested in what Earth 2 Laurel is gonna do in season 6. Will she finally be the true Black Canary that we've wanted since season 1? And I also want Talia to be alive because even though she's a villain she's still Batman's baby mama in the comics.

The only way I'd watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette is if zombies crashed the ceremony and ate everyone.

I'm not looking forward to Spider-Man at all, dragonfire. They're already ruining it by having Iron Man in way too many scenes. Can't they just let Peter be the hero of his own story without Tony Stark butting in? And how many times have I said that Peter is NOT a teenager in the comics anymore? Peter hasn't been a teenager in the comics since the early 1970's! The Peter Parker that the last two generations have grown up with in the comics is the adult 20-something Peter Parker since the late 70's and all through the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. Why does Hollywood keep making him a punk teenager all the time? He and Mary Jane got married back in the 80's for f's sake! I'll watch a Spider-Man movie when they finally let Peter grow the up.

But I'm still boycotting all Marvel movies until Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are in the MCU in the Avengers movies. I hate this old Hank Pym and replacing Janet with Hope, who doesn't exist in the comcis. I'm actually looking forward to Wonder Woman, but again, I wish they'd put it in World War II and not World War I. And it's not just about being faithful to the comics, it's about storytelling logic. World War I is not the type of conflict that would draw Diana and the Amazons into it. And why would Diana fight against the Germans in World War I but turn her back on the world during World War II when the Nazis were trying to take over the world? It doesn't make sense. I still think the only reason they changed the story was to avoid comparisons to Captain America, which is stupid. But Wonder Woman is still getting good reviews, so I'm looking forward to it.

I wish I could be more positive about Justice League, but even though Joss Whedon has taken over, it's still the movie that Zack Snyder put together and I still can't stand him. And I really wish Hal Jordan was in the movie because he belongs there. I just hope that Ben Affleck eventually gets replaced with a younger Batman and they make a better Superman movie, and Hal Jordan is put into the Justice League as Green Lantern, and then everything will be complete. But making a cinematic universe isn't easy, and I'm pretty much the only person in the world who knows how to do this stuff the right way.

I promise that I'll post my review of Alien: Covenant soon, because I think everyone should go see it. It's a major improvement over Prometheus. And I promise I'll reply to your comment on Zack Snyder, sum1. Unfortunately Lauren didn't repost it after she made the new thread.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

That's a good parallel, dragonfire. Both Barry and Caitlin have become banished from Team Flash and are now out in the wilderness, broken and lost. This will be a perfect time for the show to go all SnowBarry!
And Savitar was evil Barry who was willing to kill pretty much everyone, including Iris. dragonfire's right, Savitar treated Killer Frost better than anyone.

I'm not looking forward to Spider-Man at all, dragonfire.

With Summer Lovin playing in the background. Yep he treated her like she was his Wifey. I liked that it was Barry/Caitlin/Cisco who defeated Savitar. Hopefully we'll see more of Flashfrostvibe working together as a team in S4. Well I I'm Spider-Man is the best.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Here I am needing to see Arrow and so behind on Supergirl - well 5 or 6 episodes

UGH the one time that Arrow actually does a cliffhanger to end the season and its that WTF - well I know Black Siren/Dinah/Renee are fine cause those were already assigned season regular next season. Also read that they won't kill Thea due to not wanting to kill only remaining family. I don't see them doing it to Diggle or Felicity cause well OTA are the core of the show

They better not kill Quentin but afraid at the same time. Curtis also afraid for but honestly wouldn't be too sad over - he's one that I can deal with

I also fear for Slade and Nyssa though Oliver giving him details of his son and seeming a redemption of Slade - Feeling that he may go. Nyssa don't want but could see her being offed

I'm not really hurt by Malcolm's Barrowman had a good 5 season run and honestly, nothing more could be done with him. So him saving Thea and all, a good end for him

I'm honestly gonna miss Adrian - the actor was REMARKABLE and he really was probably the worst villain that Oliver has dealt with. Either him or Slade are top for villains that Oliver has had to defeat

Last edited by crash landing; 05-25-2017 at 12:40 PM
Old 05-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

Huh Jason dohring is guest starring in izombie
Old 05-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's okay, Lauren is busy I get it.
So sad about Kara and Mon-El 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Mon-El was the only reason I was still watching the show him and Karamel

Also to add I love Winn but total not fan of James which sucks cause I love Jimmy Olsen
Old 05-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

From the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
Well, we must again agree to disagree, sum1. When I watch Man of Steel or Batman v Superman, and instead of just relaxing and watching the story unfold in front of me, I'm rewriting the entire movie as it goes along and correcting all the mistakes Snyder made, he screwed up. I don't think Whedon is perfect, but I think he's way better than Snyder. And from the great reviews that Wonder Woman is getting, the DCEU might be improving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1
If you're talking about the movies not being faithful to DC comics, well, you know I have contempt for DC comics and don't care about movies being faithful to them. Snyder's DC movies have been artistically superior to Whedon's Marvel movies. Without Gellar, Whedon doesn't do depth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
I'll reply to your comment when I get home from work, sum1. Then I'll discuss the oxymoron of Zack Snyder and “artistically superior" appearing in the same sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1
Snyder's DC films have feeling, drama, grandeur, atmosphere, style and interesting characterization. While Whedon's Marvel movies tend to be rather pedestrian action flicks. I enjoyed Age of Ultron anyway, but it had nothing like the quality Batman vs Superman had. And it's worth noting that concerns of faithfulness to comics have no bearing on the pure artistic quality of a film.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for reposting that, sum1! I may also reply to that on the X-Men board as well, since that's where we began this conversation about Snyder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
It's okay, Lauren is busy I get it.
So sad about Kara and Mon-El ������������������������������������
Yeah, but I still want Lauren to at least say hi to you, Chrissy. And what happened with Mon-El? Did he leave the show or is he gonna come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samira_86 (View Post)
Huh Jason dohring is guest starring in izombie
Who is Jason Dohring, Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
With Summer Lovin playing in the background. Yep he treated her like she was his Wifey. I liked that it was Barry/Caitlin/Cisco who defeated Savitar. Hopefully we'll see more of Flashfrostvibe working together as a team in S4. Well I I'm Spider-Man is the best.
The song was actually 'Summer Nights,' dragonfire. It's okay, I've accidentally called it "Summer Lovin" as well. But yeah, when you have Barry and Caitlin singing Danny and Sandy's song from Grease, what do you expect the audience to think? And then Barry carries her home, undresses her, puts her to bed and stays with her until she falls asleep? He even held back her hair while she threw up! And I saw his reaction when Caitlin walked in wearing that dress. That's not just "friend" stuff. Damn writers broke Anton Chekhov's rule about not hanging a gun on a wall in the first act if you don't intend to fire it later. Don't make promises to the audience you don't intend to keep. And I wish I could be excited about Spider-Man, dragonfire, but like I said, I'm sick of Peter always been a teenager when he's been an adult in the comics for 40 years now, I really don't like how they messed up the cast(it looks like a CW teen drama), and Iron Man shouldn't be in this movie at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by have a little faith (View Post)
Mon-El was the only reason I was still watching the show him and Karamel
I'm sorry, but every time I see someone call them "Karamel" I'm like...
But what happened to Mon-El, Sarah? Is he gone for good, or will he come back? Jesus, they'll get rid of Mon-El but keep Iris fing West around?

Quote:
Also to add I love Winn but total not fan of James which sucks cause I love Jimmy Olsen
That's probably why you love Winn, because he's what Jimmy Olsen is supposed to be like, Sarah. James is just not Jimmy Olsen.

Quote:
UGH the one time that Arrow actually does a cliffhanger to end the season and its that WTF - well I know Black Siren/Dinah/Renee are fine cause those were already assigned season regular next season. Also read that they won't kill Thea due to not wanting to kill only remaining family. I don't see them doing it to Diggle or Felicity cause well OTA are the core of the show

They better not kill Quentin but afraid at the same time. Curtis also afraid for but honestly wouldn't be too sad over - he's one that I can deal with

I also fear for Slade and Nyssa though Oliver giving him details of his son and seeming a redemption of Slade - Feeling that he may go. Nyssa don't want but could see her being offed
Wow, you actually fear for Slade? But I see what you mean. Yeah, Dinah and Laurel are all safe for next season, and they're not gonna kill off Diggle or Felicity. Again, if they killed off Felicity but kept Iris alive, I'd tell them they can all burn in hell. But I am worried for Nyssa, Curtis, and Quentin. The wrong people are getting blown up in the Arrowverse.

Quote:
I'm not really hurt by Malcolm's Barrowman had a good 5 season run and honestly, nothing more could be done with him. So him saving Thea and all, a good end for him

I'm honestly gonna miss Adrian - the actor was REMARKABLE and he really was probably the worst villain that Oliver has dealt with. Either him or Slade are top for villains that Oliver has had to defeat
I'm a little skeptical because we didn't actually see Malcolm blow up. I guess we'll get confirmation next season if Mr. Merlyn is actually dead. Captain Cold was dead, but he didn't stay dead long, did he? I agree, Adrian Chase was a fantastic villain this year as Prometheus. But he's not Adrian Chase, he's Simon Morrison, and that's the only unresolved plotline that bugs me this season. Who was Vigilante? Did you notice they just forgot about him the last few months? In the comics, Adrian Chase is The Vigilante, and we know that Prometheus was really Simon Morrison and was using the name "Adrian Chase" as an alias. So is Vigilante the real Adrian Chase? Will Vigilante return next season? I really need an answer to this question.