Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than three weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 01-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

This is really exciting.

So I have given it some thought, and I doubt know how you all feel about this, but perhaps a more earth-y look would be nice? In the green-yellow tones or the brown tones?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

omg this is awesome thanks guys for organizing this!

And everyone all posters on the board feel free to chip in any suggestions for pics we'll use and which color schemes that u prefer

i have to say something mel and i in no way mean to be rude or anything lol i really am so done with green on this board so i would prefer we leave green out of the color scheme and im also not a big fan of the brown either however if other ppl like this earthy look ur suggesting im all for it !

me on the other hand i feel like id like something extremely different from what the board is now, purples, reds, blues, burgandies even organge ill experiement with this cool color scheme link u have too and u if have any more suggestions mel we can still go with earthy but can u do maybe orange or red with the yellow instead or maybe different brown coloring?

i know nothing about colors and im prolly being biased in color choices lol i look fwd though to see what other color suggestions people have~

Last edited by The Darkling; 01-06-2015 at 10:13 PM
The Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Some shades of red and orange can hurt the eyes, but they could also make a good colour scheme. What sorts of colours fit the show? Maybe you like some of these shades?

Who are the main characters you would like included in the header? Any changes from what you already have?
Old 01-07-2015, 03:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
me on the other hand i feel like id like something extremely different from what the board is now, purples, reds, blues, burgandies even organge ill experiement with this cool color scheme link u have too and u if have any more suggestions mel we can still go with earthy but can u do maybe orange or red with the yellow instead or maybe different brown coloring?
Paletton - The Color Scheme Designer
Paletton - The Color Scheme Designer
? More like those?
Old 01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I love those colors schemes, I think a brighter/happier color would look great on the board.

Quote:
Who are the main characters you would like included in the header? Any changes from what you already have?
It's been a while since I watched Heroes, but definitely Peter, Sylar, Claire and Hiro, right? I remember that on the last season the cast changed a bit, so else should we include?
Old 01-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree that we should get rid of the green. Perhaps a light blue? Although I also like the idea of using red and orange.

Peter, Claire, Hiro, and Sylar are popular characters, but we could incorporate others. Angela, HRG, Tracy, and Matt could be there too. Do you think that when the new series comes out we should use characters from that show as well?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

When does the new series come out? Do you have picture for those characters yet?
Old 01-08-2015, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

Black and white and gold/yellow like the eclipse on the show might be fun, might hurt the eyes a bit tho. And maybe photoshop each one of the main characters using their powers for the picture
samira_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i really love ur suggestion sam espcially cuz of the eclipse thing~ rae and mel could u maybe also cuz ur awesomeeee show an example of a color plattee with sams suggestion:

Quote:
Black and white and gold/yellow like the eclipse on the show might be fun, might hurt the eyes a bit tho. And maybe photoshop each one of the main characters using their powers for the picture
all i know is we def have to include hrg cuz he is def main but also he will be in both series then the mains i reckon are, peter, claire, sylar, hrg, hiro, nikki/tracy ok most likely tracy if its a promo pic from season 4 cuz newer, nathan, mohinder, matt, ando, angela...
ok who am i forgetting but eyah is that too many do we need to narrow that list down

i dont even think we have a list of the new cast yet

also if sams idea didnt work out

i absolutely love all of ur suggestions rael but now i feel im being biased i dont know if anyone else would like it if its now in bes intrest of board from seeing all other ppls suggestions lmaooo there my top all those 4 lol id be so happy with any of those

i think if we can make sams work thpugh itd look really awesome or red and organe vibe happy colors orrrrrrrr mel i do love the shade u picked for the yellow and i do loveeeeeeeee the pirple thing but i wonder how we could combine that yellow right with the black white thing

im gonna be really unhelpful with this whole process cuz im really indescive lol

OMG BUT ALSO SAMS IDEA SHE WAS THINKING BLOOD CHEERLEADER IN THE HEADER, EXLODING PETER, SYLARS HEAD WITH THE SYLAR CUT, HRG WITH A GUN, MAYBE MATT WITH THE FINGERS ON HIS HEAD U KNOW FOR MIND CONTROL

I LOVE THIS is it possible or too complicated OR IS IT POSSIBLE IF WE PICK LIKE 5 CHARCATERS ONLY I DUNNO ALL THE POSSIBLITIES

or else we'll go back to promo shots but let us know anyway hehe
Old 01-08-2015, 04:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

We wouldn't use black as a main colour because we try to stay away from it, but it could turn into a Teen Wolf thing where just one of the bars is black and gives it a slighter darker vibe. (colours combined)

Also, think well about your characters as the more character you put, the smaller tthey'll all become. (f.e. Downton Abbey has 13 characters)
Old 01-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
HRG
Peter
Claire
Sylar
Hiro
Nikki/Tracy
Nathan
Mohinder
Matt
Ando
Angela
^ Okay, so this would be the final list of characters, then? It's 11 characters, almost as many as Downton Abbey. :')
Old 01-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

I'd be ok with no ando or Angela tbh and that color scheme is nice
samira_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i really love that color scheme shame it wont full on be that way but i think it can still look awesome

so im happy with that option too like sam but still open to other suggestions if other ppl dont agree with it if not this color scheme id want the red/orange vibe or purplish or blue etc color schemes uve shown us so far!

and i agree about cutting out angela i think we can do without ando too but im not 100% sure about cutting ando out i get his main his jhiros sidekick/partner etc and his own person role on the show so depends what u guys think about ando

actually just wondering also though this is what sam and me both like can u somehow do the yellow on black or yellow with black writing?
Old 01-13-2015, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe think about who was most prominent in the last season, since I just finished bingewatching the show, Season 4 is pretty clear in my head.

I feel Ando and Angela should be included, they were quite important within last season. I'd even say the show as a whole.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread