Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

It totally does! He can be pushy (which annoys me) but also, he seems to have a good heart and wants the best for everyone.

The acting between all of the characters was so amazing in this episode. They usually always blow me away but this one was above and beyond!
Old 01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Addicted Fan

I know. It sucks because I think FNL really hit it's stride this season and i hope the strike helps it rather than hurts it. Plus everything else on NBC sucks so hard I would hate for FNL to get cancelled.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

We better get another season. Especially with the strike cutting this one short!!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

After watching this ep all I could think was.. wow, this show sure came back with a bang!! I loooveed it!

I LOVED the Julie/Tim dynamic, because (please no one hurt me for this lol) personally I thought they oozed FRIEND chemistry.. which I was so pleased to see. I was worried they'd try to go *there* with the relationship and I'm just so glad that wasn't there, especially from Tim's side (IMO of course). He was so protective of her. Loved it. He was so big brother. I normally would have no opposition to a romantic SL with these two but I'm just sooo sick of shows without a platonic male/female friendship. I think Julie would have went for it (she'd be insane not to) but I sort of loved that Tim wouldn't have any of it (whether out of respect for Coach's house, or his feelings for someone else, who knows)

I alternated between feeling bad for Julie in this ep (when Landry kept berating her for 'what she did to his best friend' even though Matt & her seem to have at least become semi-civil) and feeling that she just didn't 'get it'. When she & Landry had their little heart to heart during quarter bounce, I thought perhaps the light bulb would go on when he said you can't give up so easily if you really care about someone. Yeah she was drunk, but it seemed a good opportunity to have her go "hmm.. perhaps I should go find Matt" - since the scenes of her & Matt indicate she is still so far from over him. I also loved that he gave her a final little glance in the diner as well, instead of being seemingly oblivious to her as he's been lately.

Those are my most strong opinions about this ep, if I typed them all out, for sure no one would read them all (if anyone even read this far).

Again, loved this episode. FNL is in fine form.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I alternated between feeling bad for Julie in this ep (when Landry kept berating her for 'what she did to his best friend' even though Matt & her seem to have at least become semi-civil) and feeling that she just didn't 'get it'. When she & Landry had their little heart to heart during quarter bounce, I thought perhaps the light bulb would go on when he said you can't give up so easily if you really care about someone. Yeah she was drunk, but it seemed a good opportunity to have her go "hmm.. perhaps I should go find Matt" - since the scenes of her & Matt indicate she is still so far from over him. I also loved that he gave her a final little glance in the diner as well, instead of being seemingly oblivious to her as he's been lately.
I felt the same way. I said in a couple threads that it was interesting to note the difference between Julie and Landry. Julie was kind of let it be, etc. and Landry was like no.............you fight for the people you love.......not just give up. And I agree. I would have loved to see Julie fight more for Matt and not just give up. I think when you love someone you do try. And then yeah, at some point you do just have to let go.............but not before you try. I don't know...........a little fight from Julie would have been nice. She was eager to be friends at first with Matt but it seemed when she realized Matt wasn't just going to take her back that was it. She couldn't deal with just being friends. And hey, I can't say I blame her. Being friends with your ex can be really hard. But, if she ever hopes for another chance with him she has to learn to be his friend again.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Extreme Fan

^^ I agree. It would be nice for them to show Tim and Julie and a friendship forming. Male/Female friendships are always cool to me and we don't see them often enough. I ship them any way that I can get them lol

I thought that maybe she'd pick up on Landry's little speech too. Hm. Ah Matt. GO TO HER!

I can't even say how much I loved this episode. I can't say it too often either.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey guys!
I just wanted to share a video I made to promote the show to some friends...
Hope you like it: YouTube - Friday Night Lights - Season 1 Trailer
It is all from season 1.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think it was the best episode in awhile!

And yep, I love male/female friendships too.

Juli - Yay for the video!!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Finally, an amazing episode..

Honestly, I'm in love with Tim/Julie ( I need to make icons..asap). Aimee and Taylor are awesome together - I hope we get to see more of them. Are we sure that Julie was talking about Lyla, I'm pretty pretty sure she was saying Lois.. I think it's a little contrived for Julie to be tallking about Lyla considering they have probably interacted onscreen for like 2.5 .

Tyra/Laundry They are so awk. Now that the murder story is over, they really have nothing to talk about.. Though, I'm glad Laundry finally manned up and told her hes not gonna wait forever - maybe realizing they aren't right for each other.

Overall, I think this was one of the best episodes the acting was outstanding ..

Dear Jason Street,

Please come back into my life.

Love,

Kon.

Icon: DrankofSnapple
Old 01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Are we sure that Julie was talking about Lyla, I'm pretty pretty sure she was saying Lois.. I think it's a little contrived for Julie to be tallking about Lyla considering they have probably interacted onscreen for like 2.5 .
No we're not sure at all. Lots of us have listened to it tons of times but we still don't know for sure..............was it Lyla, Lois, or Lyois. Neither one makes alot of sense so who knows.

Quote:
Dear Jason Street,

Please come back into my life.

Love,

Kon.
WORD
Old 01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really do think it was like Ly-ois.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome episode; I really liked the Tim/Julie interraction, not in a romantic way though since I ship them with other people

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm going with Lois because it makes sense to me. Plus, Lois was asking about Tim earlier in the ep.

I really want Tim/Julie to remain platonic. Lately on tv a guy and girl can't look at each without having to make out. I get that when you throw a lot of gorgeous people together there's chemistry flying around BUT not everyone has to make out.

I love Jason but I've been getting my Scott fix watching the opening of Music & Lyrics.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I love Jason but I've been getting my Scott fix watching the opening of Music & Lyrics.
I flove that so much.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
j85
New Fan

wooohoooo, damn this show took too long to get back onto television. With teh strike will this season be cut short or what? If so i will be sooooooooo annoyed. Honestly that cliff hanger at the end of the episode was better than the big dramatic ones than what you get on shows like Lost/Heroes etc. So simple yet so powerful that you just dont want the show to end. I was just like damn Taylor wake up, let me shake you out of your blindness and give Riggins the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully Julie remembers the night though it wont be happening as the Riggins/Taylor emotion is going to boil over later in the season. Cant blame Taylor though due to Riggins history. Best scene was Tim at the start with the baby, he brought a new dynamic to that family and think b the end of the season the truth will come out through a heated discussion or break down. ARGH let it be FNL show night already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That much writing for two scenes, the best viewing on TV right now easily