Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

The Sidelines #49: Summer is upon us!

Continue chatting.

Mel - Yeah I wasn't sure if Leslie was going to win either. I'm glad she did. Next season will be interesting.

I hope Tyler is okay! I'm scared. I hate Alaric being dead too. I really enjoyed his interaction with Damon, Elena, and Jeremy. I agree about the Elena thing. I love how the show keeps you guessing and shocks you. And yeah, I haven't read either series, but I don't think TVD is being like Twilight by doing this. Cannot wait for next season! Everything is going to be so different!

Thanks. Still have the sore throat. I'm glad I'm not any worse though. That's something.

Oh wow, glad she ended up going though I can understand why she was hesitant. Hope she had fun.

What a busy weekend for those departments. How was today?

I did my online final, so done with another class. I went to Staples to get a few things, because I wanted to bring something in for the kids tomorrow since it's my last day of volunteering. I put little bags for them together. I've been studying for Tuesday. At 11 there's a midnight breakfast here. I'm going because it's fun, even though I have to be up super early tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Awww, no fun being sick. I'm glad it hasn't gotten any worse though. I hope it won't.

She said it was boring. So, yeah, she didn't seem too enthusiastic about it. Did you go to yours?

It was insane! When I left everything was gone. Today will be fun trying to fill everything back up. But, it looks to be a good day. My boss is off. But, most everyone else is here. But, the power went out here at the house during the night. I hope it didn't go out at work because that would definitely be a set back.

Yay for another class down. And awww, that's sweet. Let me know how it goes today. The midnight breakfast does sound like fun.

The Desperate Housewives series finale was last night. It was really good.

I really enjoyed the Once Upon a Time finale too.

ETA: Grades are in. I'm happy.

Gossip Girl finale: Worst finale I've ever seen. Totally disgusted with the show. I'm done with it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks. My throat is still bothering me, but nothing else is. I'm sure it didn't help that I hardly got any sleep last night. I don't know why, but I couldn't get to sleep and then was up super early to go in and volunteer.

Oh okay then. Did she have fun with her friends after at least? No, I didn't go to mine. I wasn't anti-prom or anything and maybe I would've gone, but too much going on personally for me to care about it then. Did you?

Wow you guys were cleaned out! How was today? As good as you were thinking? Hope the power didn't go out.

Thanks. It was sad going in for the last time. Well not the last time, because I want to volunteer when I'm here again in the fall, but I won't see half of the kids again. One girl told me she didn't want to me to stop coming. It was so sweet. All the kids were cute with what I brought them.

That's right, series finale. So it was satisfying? Anything surprising happen?

Yay for grades being in and no more wondering. I'm glad you're happy with them! Sounds like you had a great semester.

Uh oh. What happened?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh no. Hope you can get caught up on rest and get rid of the sore throat.

Yeah, she enjoyed being with her friends...........took some cute pictures. Spent the night with her friend Sara afterwards. I wasn't planning to go to mine but at the last minute a good friend of mine and I decided to go with our best guy friend. We had fun.

Power didn't go out thankfully. Same girl called in overnight. But, we got a lot done and things looked pretty good when I left yesterday. We were out of a lot of product though. Not sure why my boss didn't order more on Sunday. I had to order everything last night. Brooke wasn't feeling well and left early. Not sure she'll be in today. If not, no help for me tonight. My night to close. Fun fun.

Awww, that's great to hear how much they all liked having you there. That's great you'll be volunteering again in the fall.

It was satisfying. Got a bit teary a few times. The very last scene was pretty chilling/powerful. Nothing super surprising happened. It was a good wrap up for the current storylines and each individual and couple.

I did.

Woke up still angry about the show/finale. I mean I shouldn't be surprised but yeah not watching the final season (10 0r 11 eps). Done! I don't know how anyone could have liked the finale no matter who they shipped. Serena and Lily sunk to new lows........not that I ever really liked either much.
Blair breaks up with Dan but doesn't even tell him. Blair chooses Chuck. Serena manipulates Dan into sleeping with her.......not to put it all on her because technically Dan cheated on Blair. Lily chooses Bart (we found out Chuck's dad was alive a few eps ago) and drops Rufus. Dialogue was awful. Just the whole ep was garbage. I'm disgusted. There's more but that's the main gist of what went down and the lowlights.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks. I got about eight hours last night, so that helped. Still battling the sore throat. Very weird. It's getting better though.

I'm glad she had fun with her friends and sleeping over at her friend's house. Oh cool! That's kind of fun it was last minute.

Glad things were looking good yesterday. Did Brooke come in today? Hope closing isn't going too bad today. That is weird your boss didn't order stuff.

Yeah I'm happy about that! Half of the kids are 4th graders and half are 5th, so I'll see some of them again.

That's great! Sounds like a solid series finale, which seems hard to come by, so that's good.

Congrats! You worked hard!

Had my two finals today. I feel good about both of them. Super excited to be done! I do have a final meeting tomorrow, but it's just turning in a paper/class discussion.

omg sounds horrible!!!! All of the characters sound like they did stupid and hurtful things. Way to go show. That's really too bad it ended that way after you were enjoying it so much.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hope you keep getting better.

Brooke was here today. Feeling a bit better. It was a pretty good day. So happy to be off for 2 days now.

That's cool you'll see some of them again.

Yep, I was satisfied.

Thanks.

Yay for being done!! How long will you have to wait for your final grades?

No secret the show has destroyed couples and friendships and characters through the course of the show. And the writing has never been stellar. I really shouldn't be surprised. But, the show has was always mostly a fun guilty pleasure but as it has went on it has just sunk to new lows thus me giving it up a couple of times. The show and Dan and Blair drew me back in because for once the show wrote a friendship/relationship well. But, alas, they had to screw it over like everything else on the show. The finale was a new low. It assassinated every single character. The writing was crap. Do not like the messages the show is giving to people. uugh. And yeah just no words for Serena or Lily.

ETA: Forgot to mention I watched The Secret Circle finale. It was ok. And thankfully there wasn't an ending where I was mad it got cancelled. But, yeah, I'd say pass on getting caught up and put your time to better use since the show isn't coming back.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks. I have been losing my voice. Such a weird throat thing going on.

How were your days off? Great, I hope.

I think final grades are due by next Thursday.

Sounds really bad, like it hit rock bottom. Eek. So pretty much no one was happy with it?

Good to know. So there was no cliffhanger?

It has been an interesting last couple days. I have a story about my roommate to tell you later. Oh wait, I don't have to call her my roommate anymore. Checked out and drove home today. I am really exhausted now. My sis and I went out tonight to Applebee's to have drinks to celebrate the end of my semester. She has one more week. Bro has two. Anyway, leaving the dorms was bittersweet because it was sad saying goodbye to everyone even though I am happy for summer. It's nice to be home.

Going to bed shortly, although I do really want to watch Grey's.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Awww

I really enjoyed my 2 days off. There's a lot that needs done around the house for this company we're having later next week but I decided just to enjoy my 2 days off and work on that other stuff this weekend. On Wednesday I volunteered. Then went and got my hair done......nothing drastic........just trimmed and fixed the color. Bought a new purse. Stopped in at my brother's work. They moved to the new location and had their grand opening last weekend. I hadn't been in yet. It was nice. Just chilled and relaxed. Continued catching up on shows/finales and stuff. Went to church Wednesday night to see my sister perform. She was great. Thursday I shopped a bit...........got some new tops. Went to the movies.........saw Dark Shadows. Chilled again at home. Watched a movie with my dad.....Contraband. So all in all a very relaxing couple of days. Back to the grind today. 11-7 today and tomorrow. Let's see the schedule today for next week. Stuff to do around the house this weekend. My mom is sick and my sister has had all this stuff going on for church and school, etc. Pretty much has something every day until graduation. My brother and Wendy are going to Dallas this weekend to go to the symphony.

That's not too long of a wait. I love how our Finals are always over on Thursday and grades are due in my Monday. Not long of a wait at all.

I guess some Chuck/Blair fans were happy with it.............though I don't see how they could be happy either. But, yeah not all of them were and the majority of fans weren't.

Not a big cliffhanger or anything.........something to wonder about but nothing that made you mad.

I'm curious to hear! And yay.

Yay for being back home. Glad you had a good end of the semester.

Grey's
Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks. I am down to a whisper today. I better have more of a voice tomorrow!

I am so glad you had a nice couple days. How'd you like Dark Shadows? What kind of purse did you get? Sorry your mom is sick. That sucks. Your sis must be so excited for the graduation.

Yeah, your grades are due in very fast after your classes finishing. Very nice to know so quickly.

Way to go show. Pleasing fans everywhere.

That's good.

haha, so happy to be done with her.

Thank you. Summer!!!!!!!

OMG CRYING!!! I would've been completely shocked if you didn't tell me that people were thinking it'd be Lexie. I am so heartbroken and her death scene with Mark was the most depressing thing! Killed me completely. I was NOT prepared for that! I'm just so sad.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

I hope you do.

Dark Shadows was ok. Nothing great though. Great cast but the movie itself was nothing special.

Not my usual style but it's very bright and shimmery....kind of red, orange, and gold. I thought it was a nice summer choice. I've already gotten a lot of compliments on it.

I don't even think it has sunk in for my sis yet. She has had so much going on. But, she has definitely been enjoying everything. She had the fine arts performance competition yesterday and today. And tonight is the band/color guard banquet at school. Thursday was senior awards night........she got one for her grades.

That's how I felt with Jen.

Summer feels so good.

Wasn't it heartbreaking? I still can't get over it. And yes, Mark/Lexie killed me.

Well off to get ready for work. Will be crazy. Yesterday sure was. Same old story. Not enough help.

Closing tomorrow. 9-5 Monday, 10-6 Tuesday, off Wednesday, 11-7 Thursday, 9-5 Friday and off Saturday. Then I'm working Sunday through Thursday and taking off June 1-7 (Friday through Thursday).
Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

Finally today I can talk a little better. Just can't believe this!

Aw that's too bad about the movie.

Sounds cute! Cool you switched it up and went for something different.

Busy girl. Congrats to her on the award!

It was very heartbreaking. I don't think I'll fully believe it until next season. Mark's whole talk about them getting married, having kids, and being happy was painful to hear.

How was work over the weekend? Yay for a 9-5 tomorrow. I'm glad you have your birthday off. Any plans? That's super nice you're taking off a week in June. Is there a particular reason why?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Awww, sucks. Glad you can talk a little better today though.

Saw Battleship Saturday night. It was fun. Can't go wrong with Taylor, Jesse, and Alex (True Blood).

I know...that last scene was heart wrenching.

Work was the usual. Not terrible but not enough help as usual. Today was good.

No set plans right now. I'll keep you posted. Probably nothing major with it being in the middle of the week.

I'm excited. I decided to go June 1 - 9 instead of June 1-7. The pay period ends on Saturday so why work Fri/Sat. I'm not going anywhere. Mainly taking it because of my sis's graduation family party thing and family being in town. I'm taking my other week in August before school starts.

Grimm finale was good. Can't wait for next season!

Loved the Nikita finale!

Going to watch SpN's before I crash.

ETA: Didn't love the SpN finale.
Spoiler:
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks. I'm finally starting to feel better. My voice isn't back to normal yet, but I feel a lot better than I have been.

That's awesome! Such a good cast!!

I won't ever get over it.

Okay. I hope you have a nice time whatever you do.

Sounds very good. A week free from work will be very nice!

Glad those shows got renewed for you.

I haven't watched the Supernatural finale yet. Might tonight with my dad. Disappottning you didn't enjoy it more.

It's almost midnight there, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I'm so glad you won't be at work. Enjoy your day!!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks Nats.

I wasn't feeling the best yesterday evening/night, but I'm feeling better today.

I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Glee finale was good.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome What have you been doing today?

Aw sorry about last night, but I'm really glad you're feeling better now.

Thank you. It lasted so much longer than I thought it would. It's so nice to feel good again.

Really? That's cool to her. I haven't seen an ep since January.