Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

The Series Vs. The Film - FNL - General Speculations Thread

This thread is to discuss what you thought about the movie and how you think the TV Series might differ, stray away, or elaborate on those storylines.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

I probably should see the movie before I watch the series. That'd be smart, huh?

Can't wait to hear what people say though. I'm thinking the series will be better because it will elaborate more. A film only has about 2 hours to tell a story, yet a TV show, depending on it's popularity, could have a heck of a lot more than that. It'll be interesting to see the difference, that's for sure.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

Will the football games scene be realistic? I mean will the football plays look realistic?
Old 08-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

I hadn't heard much about the series except that they were going to make one, and then i saw a few commercials for it, and thought it was cool!

Ironically, I didn't see the movie in the theatres. I was away at college in Texas, coincidentally. And even more coincidental, Coach Gary Gaines, who the whole movie was based after, was the head football coach at the university that I was attending. Which I kind of thought was cool!

But considering that I didn't really care for football, the whole town was a buzz, while I sat in my room posting away on Fanforum.

I think the series is going to be good though. It seems like it's getting a lot of recognition especially after the movie, so I think it's got a good shot of surviving on the big network.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw the movie and absolutely love it. It's a great film to watch even if you're not a football fan. I hate football.

I don't know how the series will be but Peter Berg is involved with it, right? I'm hoping since he did such a great job with the movie he'll do an equally good job with the show.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

I'm watching the movie right now I'll let you know what I think when I'm done

Old 08-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
I'm watching the movie right now I'll let you know what I think when I'm done
How'd you like the movie Jess?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

haha once again I didn't get through the whole thing. I have a really low attention span when I comes to movies. I get bored after a while I'll do better with the show

Old 08-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

That's what happens to me a lot, Jess. Unless I'm really into the movie, I get bored.. even if it's good.

I think I'm going to go out and rent the movie sometime this week if I find time though. Then I can let you all know what I think.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SecretTragedy- (View Post)
That's what happens to me a lot, Jess. Unless I'm really into the movie, I get bored.. even if it's good.

I think I'm going to go out and rent the movie sometime this week if I find time though. Then I can let you all know what I think.
go rent J2K also!

Yeah, It took me about 3 times to actually watch the whole movie in parts.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ what did you think once you got through all of it?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
^ what did you think once you got through all of it?
It made me cry.

I'm alwyas emotional during movie like this anyway. And I think the actors did a great job with the emotions. The story is just so hard to swallow. With all their hard work and then the ending.

Reminds me a lot of Remember the Titans for obvious reasons.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I never saw Remeber The Titans.

I do agree that each character had an emotional story and the actors did an amazing job with what they were given. Everyone is really talented and the cast was perfect. That's why it will take time for me to get used to the tv actors.

about the ending
Spoiler:
Old 08-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

I asked on the news thread, but I know some people saw the pilot already. anyone know where I can find it?

Old 08-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

i loved the movie so much. i remember being skeptical about the show because the movie was so good.

"You’ve got one year to make yourself some memories, and I’ll be damned if you aint gonna miss it."
my little windmill