Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

to all the lovelies who got the DVD, could you give us a recap on the deleted scenes & extras?

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the dvd art is so cute! it's my favorite. on the inside where the jewel discs are, there is a picture of the lions. hee! then when you unfold it, it has tnt cheers-ing with their beers on tim's land! OMFG! and on the back, there is a pic of tim's truck. SOOO CUTE! the outer case has that unfortunate cast pic that was pasted together where it looks like vince is surfing on a box. omg. horrible! once you take it out though, perfect! and the dvds are this royal blue color! LOVE!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know I said I would wait till friday but I broke down and got the dvd
Oh yeah, and then I said bitch-Matt Saracen
Old 04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I love the art too and the blue discs.

I just had time to watch the 30 minute restrospective on the 3rd disc. It was very nice and gave the crew some spotlight.

I also watched Always with the Jason Katims commentary. He talks about how it was important that the finale have closure and that both the old and new characters got the proper resolutions.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i haven't really overlooked my dvd's with a fine-toothed comb yet, however, i skimmed the deleted scenes a bit, hee, but unfort, there were NO mj or tyra scenes. there was only one tim one, but it's with becky, vomit. what's weird is i know mj had at least one, but it's. not. therrre! wtf?! sadness! julie/buddy jr had a couple of ones. in fact, julie had a lot of deleted scenes. they really liked to discard her from the series. ugh! my favorite two were actually of vince/coach and billy/luke. i haven't really seen all of five yet, so i'm not sure if either are deleted or extended, but the vince/coach one is hilarious! omg, kyle is hysterical! so. funny! lastly, the tim/jason scene from always didn't make it on either.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

That's sad. Thanks for the rundown Lexi.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that..

lost forever
Old 04-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

I got it today, but unfortunately didn't have time to watch anything. But Lexi I agree with you about the prettiness. I literally awwed when I opened it.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the info.
I hope and pray I can get it on friday.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

What about the extras/other features?

That sucks that there are no mj, tt or tim deleted scenes :/ the fact that Tim/Jason deleted scene didn't make it to the dvd = big FAIL.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupa (View Post)
What about the extras/other features?

That sucks that there are no mj, tt or tim deleted scenes :/ the fact that Tim/Jason deleted scene didn't make it to the dvd = big FAIL.
I agree. There is a nice deleted scene with Jason and the Lions.

Have to say I was really disappointed in season 5 extras. All the other seasons had more material.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Got my DVD today and I have to say I kind of disappointed. I was really hoping that 1) The MJ deleted scenes from "Gut Check" where they go to the art gallery would be on there and of course 2) the Jason scenes from the series finale, but neither were.

The 30 minutes special feature was pretty great though.

I watched "Always" with Jason Katims commentary and as much as I love the guy and loved hearing his insights on every thing, OMG he needs to learn out to turn his thoughts into words. It was so hard to get through w/ all his "ums" "uhs" and just staggering thoughts, and he is all over the place But it was great to hear him talk about why they did everything they did and all that. My favorite line from it is at the end when the finale Julie/Matt scene comes on in the montage and he says "This tears me up because it is like they'be become Coach and Tami." (or something like that). I LOVED that because it is so true.

All in all it is pretty good, like most said, I LOVE the art, especially they inside with the picture of the whole Lions team. Was hoping for more, but can't get everything.

I think it finally hit me today that I have all the season's and this is it, I won't be getting anymore. So sad.
My ALWAYS
Cole&Starr
Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I will say The cover art and the art inside is gorgeous. And As for the extras, Yeah I am kinda disapointed in the fact that there seems to be more on the previous season and this one should have had even more since it is the last one. I loved Katims commentary but he needs to lose a few of them Ummmss. But overall I am glad I got it. But now i realised that my collection is complete. There wont be no more sets to collect
Oh yeah, and then I said bitch-Matt Saracen
Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

what about the other extras on the DVD, are they good?

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

The commentary on Don't Go by Michael Waxman (producer/director) was really informative.

There was a year book with photos from all the seasons. (I saw all of those pics somewhere else, but I guess if you are a casual viewer they would be new.)

There weren't many deleted scenes. I don't remember all of them. The only ones I remember are: Street giving a pep/safety talk to the Lions in the locker room while wearing a Panthers jersey, Julie shopping with Tami (ep 1) at Sears for college stuff and them arguing (Julie being a brat about bed sheets), another one with Julie and Tami (ep12) with Julie being supportive and proud of her mom's job offer, and Julie and Buddy Jr smoking weed outside the city market and talking about their troubles.

Oh I forgot another one with Buddy and Buddy Jr in the hospital with his broken leg and then in their apartment where Jr says that his dad makes him feel that him being a football player is the only thing that Buddy Sr. values.

Last edited by azzro; 04-11-2011 at 11:20 AM