Season 2 DVD Discussion Thread #1

Basic info:
-- Release date: April 22, 2008
-- Price: $29.99
-- Number of discs: 4

Format: AC-3, Box set, Color, Dolby, DVD-Video, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English
Subtitles: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)

Bonus features:
-- Deleted scenes on all 4 discs
-- Audio commentary from Jason Katims and Jeffrey Reiner for "Last Days of Summer"
-- Audio commentary from Connie Britton and Aimee Teegarden for "Are You Ready for Friday Night?"
-- Audio commentary from Jesse Plemons and Adrianne Palicki for "There Goes The Neighborhood"
-- Paley Festival event interviews with the cast and crew
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

DVD is out tomorrow, so I figured I'd get this started.

Enjoy watching and come post and discuss.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait to get mine!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Me too!

I'm most excited to hear the commentaries since we didn't get any for Season 1.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

we get paley interviews?!!! DEFDEFDEF!!!! gonna buy it tomorrow now!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so excited! Mine should be coming in tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited for the commentaries and the Paley interviews.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

So excited!! Can't wait to watch the extras.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

The Paley stuff will be cool too.

Can't wait to get mine tomorrow morning.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I'm excited even though I won't be getting it any time soon. Darn Brazil

But, I'll live vicariously through your commentaries
Old 04-22-2008, 12:42 PM
New Fan

i got mine and already started to watching it the deleted sences is a must watch....
Old 04-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I got my copy yesterday and I've only watched the Paley Fest piece. So excited!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Here's the rundown of the deleted scenes for those that can't get the DVD or haven't gotten it yet and are curious.

I'm sad to say there are no couples deleted scenes. No Tyra/Tim at all. No Tim/Lyla at all. No Chris/Lyla at all. No Landry/Tyra at all although there's one scene where she's asking about him. There are a couple Jason/Lyla friendly scenes. A couple friendly Lyla/Santiago scenes. A couple Matt/Julie looks/scenes but they're not actually talking or anything.

No Tim/Julie scenes.

No Julie/Tyra except for one small shot in the scene where Tyra asks Matt where Landry is.

Disc 1
Deleted Scene 1 (SC 16): Corrina talks to recruiter and Smash talks to Torrino

Deleted Scene 2 (SC 40-41): Lois with Riggs/Julie splits/Matt on phone with Landry

There's a talk between Tim and Jason at a pool parrty.....Tim is kind of drunk and ranting about Coach. Jason gets stern with him. Tim says something mean, Jason rolls away.

Lois introduces herself to Tim at the party. Tim asks her if she knows what no regrets mean. She goes in for a kiss.

Weird that the stuff in the deleted scene had nothing to do with the title of the deleted scene........except for Lois/Riggs.

Deleted Scene 3 (SC. 44): Saracen talks to Smash, then gets thrown on the lake

Matt goes off on Smash at the party. Great scene!!! Then the guys throw Matt in at Smash's request.

Deleted Scene 4 (SC. 15): Landry finds football jersey in his locker

Such a cute scene. Landry opens his locker and sees the jersey. Then you see Smash and the guys walk up and tell him he's a Panther. He immediately puts on the jersey. Smash says "You're a benchwarmer but you're a Panther." The guys give him hugs and high fives. Landry looks so happy and has tears in his eyes.

Deleted Scene 5 (SC. 16): Jason tells Riggins about His Sex Dreams

Oh this is great. Jason says he had a dream about Coach's wife and Tim is like, I've had that dream. What's she wearing. A bikini. What color. Poor Jason....Tim won't let him talk. And Tim is like, I'm no doctor, but maybe it means you need to get laid. Anyways Jason is trying to get something out but Tim acts kind of jerky. He has been getting on Jason about kissing the Coach's ass and being the Coach's henchman, etc.

Deleted Scene 6 (SC 22): Lyla tells Buddy her Christian conviction is for real

Nice Lyla scene explaining her conversion. Wish they had kept it in. Plus it was cool on the Lyla/Buddy side as far as their relationship goes.

Deleted Scene 7 (SC 25): Smash gives Matt advice about Julie

Another great Smash/Matt scene. Smash tells Matt he's getting played. This is during the time the tension is building between these two guys.

Deleted Scene 8 (SC 43): Saracen tries to give speech but crowd chants for Smash

Poor Matt...........he's struggling with giving a speech. I feel bad for him. They ask where The Smash is. Matt tries to keep going but the crowd keeps chanting for Smash so he gives them The Smash.

Disc 2
Deleted Scene 1 (SC 2 ): Coach asks Billy where Tim is

Coach shows up the house and asks about Tim.......this is when Tim was in Mexico. Billy tells Coach he's unreachable.

Deleted Scene 2 (SC 17 ): Julie comes looking for Matt - meets Carlotta

Julie is carrying a box of stuff and goes to Matt's. Carlotta answers the door and she asks for Matt. Carlotta says he's at practice and that she'll take the box. Julie says no........she'll wait for him. Carlotta says he has work tonight. Julie says I thought he had Wednesdays off. Carlotta says not anymore and that he'll be late. Then she kids of takes the box out of Julie's hands and says she'll tell Matt she came by. Julie is kind of at a loss and says yeah, thanks. Awww, Jules.

Deleted Scene 3 (SC 1A): Jason arrives home and finds out about the party plans from mom

His mom tells him if he ever does something like that again that he better stay in Mexico. His mom is all into him having a party for his birthday like he always does. But, Jason says he'd rather just him and her and his dad have a quiet celebration. But, his mom is like forget that.........she's been cooking for 3 days and already sent the invitations out. You can tell he's not really happy about it.

Deleted Scene 4 (SC 17): Lyla harangues Buddy regarding Santiago's hog wrestling

Lyla comes into the dealership and rails on him for making Santiago chase hogs. I don't really know what the context of this was. Something the dealership was having. Lyla is mad and Buddy was like it was about having fun.

Deleted Scene 5 (SC 18): Lyla is perplexed by Santiago's enthusiasm for football
Lyla goes to Santiago (takes place after the previous deleted scene) and tells him he doesn't have to play football or do anything for his dad. That if he fires him she'll kill him. Then she apologizes for the hog thing and says it will never happen again. He tells her don't worry about and that it was fun. He tells Lyla he appreciates what she's doing but that he likes her dad and that he's a trip. And then he says she doesn't have to worry about football because he didn't make it. She's like, wait, you wanted to play football. He says "who doesn't want to be a panther?" She looks surprised.

Deletes Scene 6 (SC 35): Buddy flirts with Shelly; Riggins talks to Taylor

Buddy flirting with Shelly is just scary. And the look on Coach's face as he watches.

Jason's mom thanks Coach for putting Jason on the team. And Coach says no thank you is necessary........he has the job for as long as he wants it.

Tim talks to Coach about the whole football/Mexico thing and why he went to Mexico (to support 6) and he says he'll do whatever it takes to get back on the team. He says it's all he has got left. Coach says "I didn't put you on probation. You're kicked off the team. I'm sorry about that but it is the way it is." Tim looks crushed and asks "there's nothing I can do". Coach has already walked away. Awww, Timmy.

Matt is talking to Lauren on a swing in the yard and Tyra walks up and asks where his BFF is. Matt says who Landry. Tyra says, who else genius. Matt says he doesn't know where he is and that he's not answering his cell but that he's supposed to be there so maybe he'll show up later. Lauren starts to introduce herself and then Matt finishes up. Tyra takes her hand and says that's nice when she says her name is Lauren. Just the way she said it cracked me up. Tyra turns right back to Matt and says so you haven't heard from him. The look on Lauren's face is funny. Matt says if I do hear from him do you want me to tell him you were looking for him and she says no, I'm not really looking for him.....I heard somewhere it was polite to make conversation. Matt nods. Tyra kind of fake smiles at Lauren and tells them to have fun and walks away. Lauren asks Matt, "Does she not like me for some reason?" Matt says no, she's just kind of socially awkward. Then we get a shot of Julie in the distance looking at Matt/Lauren. Matt see her and we get a look. Lauren says, "that's your ex girlfriend right?" Matt says yeah and kind of mumbles and then asks if she wants to leave. Then we get a sigh from Julie as she sees them leave.

Deleted Scene 7 (SC 22): Glenn tells Tami she did the right thing regarding Julie and Noah

Tami tells Glenn that Julies hates her. But, she sayss she did what she had to do and she thought she did the right thing. Glenn says she scared the hell out of Noah. Tami asks Glenn if he's judging her. He says no and gives his two cents and says he thinks she did the right thing.

Deleted Scene 8 (SC 26): Bobbie tells Coach about Glenn and Tami laughing it up all the time

Disc 3

Deleted Scene 1 (SC 12): Cheerleaders Bitch at Matt

Matt and Tim are talking/walking when the cheerleaders pass by. They bitch him about Lauren and he tires to explain. Tim hangs him out to dry.

Psycho talks to Tim on the field and tries to get him to go back to his place. Tim says yes.

Deleted Scene 2 (SC 14): Riggins sprays lines on soccer field; Taylor rescues him from Bobbi

Deleted Scene 3 (SC 24): Jason is nervous about his date

Fun Herc/Jason scene.........they're driving around in Jason's truck talking about his date and they go through the drive-thru. Herc flirts it up with the cashier. Funny stuff.

Deleted Scene 4 (SC 16): Lyla asks Santiago to watch Buddy for signs of depression/aggression.

Lyla is talking to Santiago at school by his locker and is asking him about Buddy. He asks her if something is wrong and she tells him that her mom is getting remarried. He says that explains the six pack. Lyla says she's really worried about him and asks him if he can keep an eye out on him. He says he's not a rat and talks about how good Buddy has been to him. She says she's not asking him to rat....she just wants him to keep an eye out on him. He says alright. Santiago is so cute. They go in opposite directions. Then he calls out to her and aks Lyla what a Rally Girls is. Lyla laughs and asks why. He says some chick says she's mine and I'm supposed to go to the dance with her. She laughs again. he says what. Says it's a lie and that this girl is a ****. He kind of laughs and says yeah, I was hoping for that. They both laugh. I wish they had kept that scene in. So freaking adorable. Lyla says, don't worry about it, I'll walk you through it. She's like awww, your first Dillon formal. He laughs. Love his dimple. They have a nice banter. Cute scene! They continue to tease each other as the scene ends.

Deleted Scene 5 (SC 21): Lyla and Street talk about Buddy and Pam until Herc arrives.

Jason and Lyla hanging out at his place. So cute. She's talking to him about her parents. Herc comes home and is talking about good he looks in the mirror. Then Herc is like, oooh, looks who's here (looking at Lyla). Then he foes into prayer and aks the Lord to forgive for whatever he's about to say/do. He starts messing with her of course. He sees that Lyla bought a housewarming gift..........George Foreman grill. He says she's a true American girl and that he takes back everything he has ever said about her. Jason/Herc get into video game mode and Lyla leaves.

Deleted Scene 6 (SC 1): Shelley surprises Coach in his boxer shorts

Coach is in the kitches in his boxer shorts. Shelley comes in the kitchen in a towel and starts to giggle. He asks her what's so funny. She asks him why he's scratching his "boys" right in the middle of the kitchen. He aks her why she's running around with no clothes on. She says she can't do anything until she's had her coffee in the morning. Then she gets on him about needing to do something about the hot water. And then he's like, you didn't use all the hot water did you. She's like I don't know....I mean I took a shower. He gives her a look.

Deleted Scene 7 (SC 8): Taylor isn't as thrilled about TMU as Smash is

Deleted Scene 8 (SC 24): Matt, Smash and Riggins talk about relationships

Cute little scene with these 3....short though. They're all 3 talking even though they don't know what the others are talking about.......they all have their mind on a different girl.

Disc 4

Deleted Scene 1 (SC 1): Coach Taylor runs a disastrous volleyball practice

Coach makes one of the girls cry. Awww.

Deleted Scene 2 (SC 9 ): As Street leaves for work he gets teased by Herc

Sweet and funny scene between these two.

Deleted Scene 3 (SC 14, 15, 16): Coach and Mac see the news report about Smash's arrest. Coach stops workout by calling him into the office, Coach tells Smash to make a statement or he could lose everything.

Deleted Scene 4 (SC 8): Tami is baffled by Matt's behavior

Matt is in Tami's office. She says she had the weirdest conversation with Mrs. Flynn and that she said Matt called her a bitch. She asks him what's going on. he says nothing. He says she asked for his critique and she didn't like what he said, so.... She asks if his grandmother is alright. He says yeah, she's fine and then asks if he can just apologize and then do detention or something and go. Tami seems baffled by his behavior and has a strange look on her face like what's going on.

Deleted Scene 5 (SC 44): Smash on the sidelines. The game begins.

Awww, Smash is on the sidelines. He sees him mom and his sister in the stands and you see his mom point to her chin (love her!), like telling him to keep his chin up and he nods. Just the music and the way it's filmed is making me tear up. Seeing him on the sidelines like that and not being able to play.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, Lyla/Santiago scenes! At least I'll have a couple deleted scenes to look forward too since there's no Tim/Julie or Julie/Tyra ones!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for typing all of that out for us Mel! You rock.

So happy about Lyla/Santiago and Tim/Jason deleted scenes. They sound great.