Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Save Our Show Campain Thread: A Third Season is Official. Yay!

Kicking this thread off for Campaign Info. and Ideas, etc.

The show has not been cancelled at this point but it has been confirmed in multiple places that Season 2 is done even if the strike ends this weekend which is the current word.

The Season 2 DVDs will be released in April.

There is no word on a Season 3, but Ben Silverman has made many comments leading most to believe that the show is very much in danger of not coming back next season.

Quote:
The Official Motto of the Dillon Panthers Booster Club is Keep The Lights On, and what better way to get that point across to NBC than by taking a moment to send them a light bulb as a reminder that it’s a “good idea” to keep great shows on their network. NBC-Universal is owned by General Electric anyway, so these light bulbs will also be like little bribes, putting our whole campaign in a more financial context these studio types will be able to better understand. Light bulbs are cheap, easy to come by, and if they break during shipping, the shattered glass might even seem vaguely threatening when NBC opens the package. Sort of like, “You try to take away our Panthers, and we might just cut you.” So grab a bulb, write “Lights On” on the side of it, and send it to NBC honcho Ben Silverman at:

Ben Silverman
c/o NBC Studios
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA. 91523

Go to the Booster Club, sign the petition, and send FNL-related tips to info@bwe.tv. Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose.

Source: Best Week Ever � Blog Archive � LIGHTS ON: Send Light Bulbs To NBC To Save Friday Night Lights

Posted by Lex55 in the News Thread.
Quote:
Hey guys. Some fans are getting together to fight for our favorite show FNL. We want to show Ben Silverman and the network just how passionate FNL fans are and how much we want to keep our beloved show on air. One of the ideas right now is a campaign to send NBC mini-footballs (like ones you would get a high school game) to get our point across in a way that's memorable. There's some really great ideas being discussed on how to show our support for this show.

If you wanna check out what's going on or would like to join the fight, check out the myspace page or facebook group...

MySpace.com - Save Friday Night Lights www.myspace.com/savefnl

Save FNL- Facebook

A website is being design as we speak and should be up soon. In football terms, we may be on the 4th down and going for the hail mary, but we believe this show is worth it. So if you want to help save the best show on television join the fight!
Posted by TYLAfan77 in the TYLA thread.
Quote:
Someone was kind enough to create pictures for postcards for the FNL campaign. Here is the link:
fridaynight_tv: FNL Post Cards

Hopefully, if we all bombard NBC with postcards and letters we will increase our chance of FNL finishing the full season of season 2 and renewing FNL for season 3.
Scrubs on NBC is also in a precarious position. This was to be the final season but because of the strike the show is left without a proper ending unless NBC lets it finish filming or come back for a short run next season to finish and give fans and the show what it deserves. ABC has expressed interest in taking Scrubs but NBC is blocking that. If you have any ideas or would like to help support Scrubs, please visit the Scrubs thread and the discussion they have going on HERE.

Last edited by Enigma; 03-07-2008 at 02:43 PM
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for opening this thread up DreamWalker and reposting my post from the news thread. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling and really show NBC how much we love this show.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

You're welcome. Thanks for the news. And let us know when the website is up.

I just saw this on Eonline (Kristin). Link Here

Quote:
Warning! A Show We Love May Be Doomed (And You Need an Intervention)

If all the celebrity meltdowns lately have taught us anything, it's that everyone makes mistakes, everyone has a breaking point and everyone needs a little help from time to time.

And that is why we here at Watch with Kristin are bonding together to form an intervention for, um...you.

Wait! Please sit down and listen. This comes from a loving place. And you are surrounded by friends who care about you (see photos above).

We have reason to believe you are most likely engaging in behavior that is unhealthy, destructive and irresponsible—and must be stopped for your own good. That behavior is this: You have not been watching one of the best series on television, and now, thanks to people like you, that show is in jeopardy of cancellation (and you may have less than 24 hours to help save it).

Read on to make yourself better...

This endangered series is not Heroes or The Office or 30 Rock or Lost (though all the people above are huge, self-proclaimed fans of this series), but rather NBC's phenomenal drama Friday Night Lights. (And yes, we used all those other photos to make you pay attention! It's that important!)

Here's the bottom line: The last prestrike episode of Friday Night Lights airs tomorrow (Friday) at 9 p.m. on NBC, and if you don't watch and tell everyone you know to watch, it's possible the series will be canceled and you will hate yourself later when you realize what you have done. We want to save you from that suffering! We want to save you from yourself!

You may be asking, "If this show is so good, why is it in danger of getting the boot?" Well, fans of this series—including all the fine people in the photo above!—know that Friday Night Lights is one of the best-written and best-acted productions ever to grace the small screen; however, due to a lack of support from the Peacock network (these quotes from NBC president Ben Silverman will make you shudder) and nightmare time slots (first against American Idol and now in the kiss-of-death slot on Fridays), this series has yet to garner the massive audience it so richly deserves.

It should also be mentioned that the series is a big hit among DVR owners. According to Nielsen reports, Friday Night Lights scored the third-biggest jump of all prime-time series in its "live" audience vs. DVR playback within a week (38 percent).

The cold, hard truth: Reps for NBC Universal Television confirm that while the original order for the current FNL season was for 22 episodes, and they have only shot 15, the future of the series has yet to be determined. "The first question is whether they will finish out the seven episodes of this season," says a studio rep. "Which will be decided after we know when the strike will end. And then the second question is whether they will get picked up for a third season, which we will find out in May."

Other Peacock-net-savvy insiders are saying more alarming things—spanning from "I hear it definitely won't be back this season" to "I hear it definitely won't be back at all" to "FNL is already doomed." Gulp.

But Lazarus can raise the dead: CBS saved Jericho, and Family Guy came back, too. So, we're keeping hope alive, and here's what you can do right now to get your very own FNL addiction and help save the show.

Three Easy Steps to FNL Addiction

1. Watch the Friday Night Lights Finale Tomorrow Night at 9 p.m. on NBC: You don't have to know anything in advance. This is not Lost; there's no complicated mythology to learn. If you've ever been a person, known a person or wondered about becoming a person, you'll get Friday Night Lights.

2. Watch Other Episodes: They are available on nbc.com's Episode Rewind or in the season-one DVD (a ridiculous $18.99 on Amazon.com for 22 episodes), and every single click and purchase counts. You don't even have to watch in order. If you just want to watch one to test the water, I recommend the season-one eps "Full Hearts" (Matt & Julie's first date), "Black Eyes & Broken Hearts" (I dare you not to cry at the end!), "Blinders" (the powder puff game), "Mud Bowl" (it's what it sounds like)...Hell, just watch one, and then good luck not watching them all.

3. Spread the Word! Email this article to everyone you know who needs help in seeing the Lights! Let them know you are concerned for their own well-being and that you will help them do whatever it takes to get on board with this amazing show. Then wear your Panthers number 7 jersey with pride, try to keep your drool over Taylor Kitsch to a minimum, and never forget Coach Taylor's motto...

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!"

Now get out there and start loving Friday Night Lights and spreading the word...Before it's too late.

(And send this article to a friend and Comment below, will ya?)
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Mel thanks for opening this thread
I said this before and I'll say it here I love this show and I don't want to see it canceled I bought season 1 on DVD last week and when season 2 comes out I'll buy it also

Anything I can do to help I am in

Like my husband and his brother wanting to see a movie tomorrow night if they want to go during FNL I am not going
Old 02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Oh, man!

I love the postcards idea! That doesn't seem hard to do at all. Should we start mailing out that stuff pronto? If so, then I'll try to have it done by this weekend.

The MySpace is really cool.

Oh, and buying S2 is now a must for me.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, I am going to try to do everything that I can. This show must get a season 3! I will remain hopeful. FNL has to come back--it just has to!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks guys.

Anything you can do is great!

I'm not sure how soon nbc will make their official decision. They may wait until May. The DVDs are out in April which I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye on. But, we should definitely start things now.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Mel for all the information!

Hopefully if we all come together we can save our show.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for opening this Mel!

I love the postcards idea too.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh, my god! Seriously, NBC? This is just terrible. It can't be.

Tell me what to do, I'm there!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread, Mel!

I'm all for the postcard idea, that way, the fans from all around can send them their post card as well... I know I'm gonna do it... they'lll be tired of my post cards...

The show just can't get cancelled.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

I just heard the news, I'm devasted I hope we can chance something. This show is too good to end like that.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I really hope they won't cancel FNL. It's one of the best shows out there, if not the best. It can't end yet!!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm definitely buying the S2 dvds when they come out in April. They better not cancel FNL.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM
New Fan

Hey everyone...Vh1's Best Week Ever has a campaign and petition set up to keep the show alive...
Best Week Ever Save Friday Night Lights
Also, there is hope that if NBC looses its brain and drops the show Universal might place the show on another network. I think if they actually put in advertising time and gave it a better time slot the show could really take off. I just hope its not another Freeks and Geeks