Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Preseason Scouting Report: Speculation & Hopes for Season 2

Welcome to the Preseason Scouting Report!

This is a place where we can discuss our hopes and wishes for Season Two.

Where do you think it should pick up? What do you want to see? What kind of storylines do you want for your favorite characters?

Share!

(I have to run to Church, but I'll share my thoughts this afternoon!)
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

Courtney - Thanks for starting. I'll get it edited into the Thread Guide.

I'll be back with thoughts later too.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Good idea for a thread! I really don't know where I want season 2 to go. There are so many different ways that they can do it. i can decide of I would like it to fast foward to the next football season or continues from where they started. It woudl probably be better for the series of they started no to far in the future with the the issue of colleges

Old 04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Great idea for the thread, thanks Courtney

I have no idea what i want to happen yet as long as we get another full season i will be happy

Old 04-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

I've been thinking about it and I really can't see what they can add more. I mean.. obviously there are always things to explore, but season 1 was so fantastic and about almost everything that it gets me wonder.
I know these writers will come up with good situations, but if they jump to the next football season, how will the games be different from season 1?

I would like to see their school time without football. But those nights with fooball are part of the show, so I don't know if it would have the same feeling. LOL well.. I'm confused. I think whatever they do I will like But I don't know what's the best.

Now... stories that can be develloped.

Smash and his injury... can be worst than it seemed and that will affect his carreer. How will he handle it?
Matt... we don't know much about his mom. She could make an appearence. what if his father dies? (I know.. dramatic, but it's a situation). Or maybe his grandma gets wors.
Homossoxuality. I can't speculate much cause I'm not from US, but I wonder how places like Dillon deal with that.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like the show to pick up next season. Maybe during summer practices, etc.

Mrs. Coach would be about ready to have the baby, or she'd already have the baby

I'd like to Matt and Julie continue their relationship Have them go through normal high school-ey stuff. Homecoming, dances, peprallies, etc.

I'd be interesting for MAtt to have to deal with an inflated ego. It would be normal of him to think he's all badass for being only a sophomore and winning state as the qb1.

I'd like to see Julie's reaction to the new baby. I don't think it'll be all roses for her. It'd be hard to go from being the only child for 15+ years to having a younger sibling.

Work now. More later.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

What I want to happen all depends on where the show decides to pick up. I like alot of the ideas mentioned so far.

I'm still thinking about this.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for starting this thread, Courtney! I will add some ideas later.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

ohh... and we need to see Julie and Matt's first time
the way they were kissing last episode (mostly Matt) shows that they're getting closer and with more desire. It will happen soon
Old 04-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
ohh... and we need to see Julie and Matt's first time
the way they were kissing last episode (mostly Matt) shows that they're getting closer and with more desire. It will happen soon
I don't know if they will be as like to have their first time quickly if Julie stays in Dillon. But if in some plot they make the descision to go to Austin () I think they would be more like to share that before she leaves. However, Aimee Teegarden supported their relationship with the fact that they can still be close without having had sex, so they might just try to show more of that instead of changing it.

I would love to see the show pick up during off season. Watching Jason have to deal with life again, or characters like Tim and Smash live without football could be the path to interesting stories. Even if we see practices to keep the football aspects, the players would have more time to live outside of their sport. And of course it would mean more high school-ey (like Courtney said) Matt and Julie moments that could lead to a more extended happy future.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely don't want to see Matt and Jule's first time. They are WAY too young and immature! I hope they don't go down that road for a few years. Maybe season 3 or 4 (crosses fingers). They'd be like 17 or 18ish, which is better than 15. JMO.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyB416 (View Post)
I definitely don't want to see Matt and Jule's first time. They are WAY too young and immature! I hope they don't go down that road for a few years. Maybe season 3 or 4 (crosses fingers). They'd be like 17 or 18ish, which is better than 15. JMO.
I'd agree to that. Come'on, what happened to waiting til marriage? As Aimee Teegarden has mentioned, they can have that sweet relationship w/o going down that road. We see the relationship drama with the other couples (or not) on the show already. I'd like to see the more emotional development and attachment between them. Continue with each of their own struggles in their personal lives and then go to each other for support. Or maybe that would just be boring.....

"We are all out of cornflakes. F.U. Took me three hours to figure out that F.U. stood for Felix Unger!" - The Odd Couple
Old 04-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyakabilly (View Post)
I'd agree to that. Come'on, what happened to waiting til marriage? As Aimee Teegarden has mentioned, they can have that sweet relationship w/o going down that road. We see the relationship drama with the other couples (or not) on the show already. I'd like to see the more emotional development and attachment between them. Continue with each of their own struggles in their personal lives and then go to each other for support. Or maybe that would just be boring.....
I don't think so. I think that would be perfect. They're young. It's gonna be hard to grow up. Let them lean on each other.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don't know if I want Matt/Julie to sleep together. I don't think they will, but if they do...hopefully, they will show both aspects of the situation.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosions in the sky (View Post)
Yeah, I don't know if I want Matt/Julie to sleep together. I don't think they will, but if they do...hopefully, they will show both aspects of the situation.
If they do go through with it, yes, then I'd want to see all the feelings (and possible reprecussions) that come with a decision like that. They are young and sex is not something they can just blow off. As Tami said, it involves more than just their bodies, but their hearts as well.

"We are all out of cornflakes. F.U. Took me three hours to figure out that F.U. stood for Felix Unger!" - The Odd Couple