Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Pre-Season Scouting Report: Speculations and Hopes For Season 4

Now that Season 4 is confirmed I figured it was time to kick this thread off. No spoilers should be discussed here. Casting info is ok to discuss here.

Quote:
Sources say Kyle Chandler, Connie Britton and Aimee Teegarden (the Taylor family trifecta) will be back full time, while at least a few of the following actors -- Taylor Kitsch (Riggins), Minka Kelly (Lyla), Adrianne Palicki (Tyra) and Zach Gilford (Matt) -- are expected to return to the show without series regular status.
Who do you guys want to stick around?

What storylines would you guys like to see next season?

Discuss...........
Old 03-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

feels like christmas, hee

i think the only thing i want is to watch coach demolish the panthers! in fact i can see the lions, if they are still called that, and the panthers at state... but yea, coach will totally pwn all! at least they better write it that way!

that and i hope julie transfers schools... but wait, where is jesse on that list? i hope landry isn't just forgotten, or sorry, lance!

umm there's probably more, but umm, yea, obviously there is potential for fnl to take on a whole new format and all that, which personally makes me excited! of course i'll always love the old cast, but i don't think fnl will fail their write offs if it comes to that... i honestly just want aimee given a chance to shine! it's been too long since anything major has happened for julie so
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
feels like christmas, hee
It sure does.

As far as we know Landry will be around all season since he's still in highschool. I kind of think that's the reason they didn't make Landry a Senior this year even though it made no sense.

And yes, Coach and the Lions all the way!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this thread Mel. squeee I'm so excited we need one.

I'm all for more Landry of course. I was annoyed that they made him a junior in S3, but not so much anymore since it means he'll be a regular next season.

I cannot wait for Coach to build up the Lions, I'm pumped for that!

I hope all cast members can stick around for as long as possible, but I have no doubt if/when some of them do get send offs they'll be awesome.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

You're welcome.

I still can't comprehend that we're getting not just one more season, but two. Such a great feeling!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

I know! I never dreamed we would get this lucky! It's amazing we won't have to worry about all this again after S4, we'll know S5 is a done deal.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wanttttttttttttttttttt an amazing send off for Lyla (because she'll be getting one) so it better be amazing.
And I want lots of Riggins.. I know he's a big film star now, but I don't know if he'll stick around or get a send off.
More Matty and Grama! So excited.
Julie will totally transfer, I think..

Gah, this is so exciting!
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Well I know they're talking about giving the characters leaving a sendoff like they did to Street/Smash...but I don't think I want that for Lyla/Tim/Matt....I'd rather see them throughout the season instead of just having a 3-4 episode arc.

As for the rest... I really want to punch Joe in the face...but I am not an actress or a character on the show so that won't happen.
-I'd really like for Coach to squash the Panthers lol.
-I really want to see him build up a football team.
-Can't wait for the Eric/Tami dynamic with her being principal at Dillon.

just some off the top of my head

Old 03-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmore_maniac (View Post)
As for the rest... I really want to punch Joe in the face...but I am not an actress or a character on the show so that won't happen.
Seriously, I could arrange this... now, does it need to be on film or are you okay with a drive-by punching?

It IS like Christmas...

- I want to see the whole blow up between East Dillon and Dillon...
- Eric/Tami's new dynamic
- At least a guest appearance by all of the characters who will leave/have left
- It would be cool to have Devin back and the drummer of Landry's band too
- I like that Charles kid on the football team (the one Coach went off to about the smoothies) and Jamarcus and his family had some potential...
- Billy and Mindy taking care of a kid... holy, there's some comedy potential right thur!

I'm going to let the writers do their thing... I think they have a general idea now of what we, the fans, like to see (they learned from their season 2 mistakes), so I have faith that they'll make the next 26 episodes just as interesting.

Things I don't want to see:

- JD's girlfriend... Madison (was it?) Wasn't a fan of her acting style...

There's never a dull moment with you.
Well, that's why you married me, Sugar.
I guess so. I don't quite remember why I married you but there's never a dull moment with you.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello everyone
I haven't posted on a fanforum board for about 3 years but I had to come in and do a little celebration dance
I am so happy season 4 has been greenlit. As for my hopes.... I don't want any of existing cast memebrs to be given a send off. I would prefer them popping up every now and then in the story like how the narratives interwoven= in Season 1. Just so a little part of my brain can believe they are still in Dillon

BTW what ever happened to Santiago?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome back.

Santiago's exit wasn't ever explained since the show skipped so much time in between S2 and S3. I guess depending on how old he was, he could have graduated. Too bad, I liked him a lot.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Pillow Book

I'm still mad we never got any kind of explanation for Santiago not being around. Would that really have been so hard to include a line or two.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Loyal Fan

maybe Santiago is still sleeping....

Old 04-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
Pillow Book

I'm still mad we never got any kind of explanation for Santiago not being around. Would that really have been so hard to include a line or two.
That irked me too, only because I think Lyla's the type of girl who would keep in touch. When Buddy mentioned about Northern California, they could have easily thrown in a Santiago reference there.

As long as he isn't back in juvie!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

well something had to have happened to him...the last time we saw him he pretty much beat the crap out of his friend for stealing the watch. I imagine he wouldn't have gotten off so easy for that.

Same with Waverly - where'd she go? But I don't focus on that too much. I forgive the show for that and other errors because it's just too good for me to care.