Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Ahh thanks...

THey are the Best couples on TV. Loved there Honesty and relationship they have.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Entertainment Weekly agrees with you on them being the best.

Quote:
Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler said that what allowed them to play such a strong, realistic married couple on Friday Night Lights was the fact that on day one, the writers told them that they were never going to break up. And that is the foundation of what would become, in my opinion, the greatest television couple of all time … even if they were knocked out in round one of our bracket game (Thanks a lot, Jim and Pam).
Eric was the high school football coach with the weight of the world — or worse, Texas — on his shoulders and an admirable ability to build troubled teens into honorable men. Tami was the high school guidance counselor turned principal turned guidance counselor again, whose expertise in being both objective and sensitive made her the go-to for those in need of advice about, well, anything. And together, Eric and Tami were Dillon’s sweethearts (as well as its moral compass). Their Southern drawls and fabulous heads of hair made them Texas’ most attractive couple, but their love and partnership made them the best portrayal of a marriage on television.
For starters, Eric and Tami’s love never wavered. Was their relationship tested? Definitely. They spent an entire pregnancy in separate cities, but they knew they could do it because their relationship was that strong. And that strength was never questioned. Tami and Eric were always madly in love, not to mention passionate. They were equal partners in all of their decision making. They understood the meaning of compromise, and — no matter how long it took them to figure it out — they always did what was best for their relationship, even if it meant giving up a college coaching job or (SPOILER!) moving to Philadelphia and starting over.
GET EW ON YOUR TABLET: Subscribe today and get instant access!
Most importantly, Tami and Eric were best friends. When Eric had an issue, he not only asked Tami’s opinion, but he respected it. And despite the outcome of any situation and whether they agreed with their partner’s actions, Tami and Eric always had each other’s backs. At the end of the day, they were sitting on the couch at home with a glass of wine (or a beer), ready to talk or cuddle or help however they could. They supported each other, no questions asked. And when Eric’s team won the big game, Tami was the first person he hugged.
Tami and Eric’s partnership was what made them good parents. They knew the importance of presenting a united front — even if Julie snuck a class schedule by them once or twice — and they knew the difference between bickering and fighting. Although, if we’re being honest, even their fights were charming.
For five seasons, fans never feared that Eric and Tami would call it quits. The Taylors were solid. No matter what life threw at these two, they tackled it like they were Tim Riggins leading Smash Williams down the field at State. Tami and Eric — much like Texas — were forever.
The Greatest TV Couple of All Time? EW Staff Pick: Coach and Tami | PopWatch | EW.com

Old 08-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing that. I had read that before or if I have I have forgotten.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

you're welcome.

Lots of great title worthy quotes from there.

Tami and Eric — much like Texas — were forever. - EW
Most importantly, Tami and Eric were best friends.
Eric and Tami were Dillon’s sweethearts (as well as its moral compass).
Their Southern drawls and fabulous heads of hair made them Texas’ most attractive couple.
their love and partnership made them the best portrayal of a marriage on television.
Tami and Eric were always madly in love, not to mention passionate.
They supported each other, no questions asked.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

yes there is.

They are the best .... I remember when they were first cast they asked if they would be having affairs and what not and the answer was no. They were both very happy to hear that.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

i'm glad nothing like that ever happened. thank gawd.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

That article is so great!

There's some great stuff in there!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Oh that picture just makes me smile.
They have such love for each other. Even when they argued you could still tell they loved each other.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

They had such a solid relationship; they always remembered it was about each other.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

they were an actual couple to look up to
Old 08-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

yes they were.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

yes very much so..
I loved the scene when Eric got in the fight and she just left him there.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

'There is not a person in the world that could do this, except for you. This is what you do. I've seen you do it with my own eyes. I believe in you. I believe in you with every cell in my being.’
appletini and scotch

Old 09-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan