Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I miss these two!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

A reunion.

Connie Britton And Kyle Chandler Reunite Because TEXAS FOREVER.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww I love it!

This makes me want a movie even more.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Question: How do you direct link to a video?

I so hope there is video of that panel. With 'social media' being what it is these days I'm surprised these sorts of conferences don't stream these types of panels over the net. And yes, I'm sure some people used their phones to vid it, but the quality will be crap. So far the only video I've seen of the panel is the Vine that is in the linked story.

Loved the screams from the crowd when Kyle and Connie came out and how Connie patted Scott Porter on the shoulder. Such a Tami Taylor move!

And is it just me, or is Kyle showing a bit of gray hair or is it the lighting?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

a yt video?

just do [yt] insert the part of the link after the = [*/yt] without the asterisk.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was wondering about the hair too, but I'm not quite sure..

Old 06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

he does have a bit of the gray hair going on.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully he took it in stride if he got teased about it.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Connie and I, the whole on-screen marriage happened the first day we met downtown. We were going out to lunch — “

“Dinner,” Britton interjected. “He always gets this wrong.”

Seemingly with practice, Chandler continued undeterred, “And it was, I think, within the first five minutes that … sometimes you meet someone and it’s like, ‘Oh, OK! We’re in good shape now,’ and within the first five minutes we realized … we were gonna have a good time, and in the next 10 minutes we realized the acting styles were gonna work, and within the next half hour, we were excited to begin. And the greatest thing between Connie and I, I think we’d both agree, is that when we’re working together, we’re both fools, we like to play the fool, but no matter what, we would always let the other person … fall as far as you wanted to, but you knew the other person would grab you. And in the acting, that’s perfect because that’s the timing and everything. So you always felt safe making the biggest fool you could of yourself, so we could always turn back around to the sentimentality or the humor of it.”

Britton agreed, adding, “Right from the beginning, it felt like we could trust each other, which was crazy, but we did. I think the other thing that felt really important from the beginning was, we shared the same values about what we wanted that marriage to be, which we shared with the writers. We really wanted that marriage to be about two people who were committed to being married to each other, through thick and through thin, as opposed to having affairs and all of those dramatic things that happen on other TV shows …”

Hudgins noted, “It was certainly a challenge in that marriage because there was the idea that no matter what happened and how much we tested Coach and Tami that they would never get apart, which is a challenge from a writing standpoint — but it sounds like you felt like it worked.”

“Oh yeah, I think, not only did it work — and I remember you writers saying in the course of the seasons, ‘This is challenging from a writing standpoint’ — but I think that the audiences appreciated it so much because, oddly, that was a rare thing to see on television,” Britton said. “And I think that’s what most people are trying to do out in the world, is live a life where they’re doing the best they can with a partner and making it work. We were really true to that.”

Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler (and writer/producer David Hudgins) about the best marriage on television

+

Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww that's awesome!

I love how it just came naturally for them, this makes me love them even more.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

video of connie correcting kyle on calling scott...jason.

http://coachandmrscoach.tumblr.com/p...ce-cracking-up

Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Else Matters (View Post)
Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler (and writer/producer David Hudgins) about the best marriage on television

+
They did an interview with Connie's friend Mike Ausiello that goes over this and to my mind is classic Mr & Mrs. Coach:
Quote:
What do you guys remember about your first meeting?
BRITTON: Kyle has a different memory entirely of the first time we met.
CHANDLER: I met you on the street corner, and we went and had sushi that day. That’s the first day we met.
BRITTON: No. No. No. We didn’t have sushi until the night after we shot. The first day we met was in the first scene. I came to your trailer and said, “Hey, I’m going to be playing your wife.”
CHANDLER: We hadn’t shot yet by then.
BRITTON: Yeah, we did.
CHANDLER: No, no. We had not worked together yet.
BRITTON: I think we had.
CHANDLER: Well, I think that you’re crazy.
BRITTON: How did we meet on a street corner? So we called each other and said, “Hey, let’s go have dinner at Kenichi”?
CHANDLER: That sounds about right.
BRITTON: No. We went and had that one scene together and I knocked on your door and said, “Hey, I’m going to be playing your wife.”
CHANDLER: This could go on forever. The battery on my phone’s not going to last. We’ll just agree to disagree. But I’m right.
Let’s forget about the specifics…
CHANDLER: I paid for lunch. I know that.
BRITTON: It was dinner! It was dinner!
What were your first impressions?
BRITTON: He was sitting in his trailer, listening to some goofy radio station, and I think we immediately started making funny jokes or something. I thought he was goofy.
CHANDLER: My immediate reaction on the street corner where we met the first time was…
BRITTON: [Laughs hard]
CHANDLER: …it took about two or three minutes to get a feel for what kind of person she was just because I think it’s safe to say we’re both people…
BRITTON: [Deadpans] I think it is safe to say we’re both people.
CHANDLER: …we’re both people persons. I can gab with pretty much anyone. I think you pretty much can too, Connie. Once we started talking just for a few minutes, we started kidding around with each other. It became obvious it was going to be a lot of fun. Connie has no bulls—. It’s all out in front. She’s a very sweet person, very intelligent, very witty, and loves to play the fool. As soon as I found someone else who liked to play the fool as much as I do, I think we both knew pretty soon it was going to be a fun relationship.
BRITTON: That’s what I meant by goofy. As opposed to if I had walked in and he had been some sort of arrogant, wanting to be bigger and fancier than he was. He’s the most authentic, real person, and you get that right off the bat, of course.
In the oral history of the show Peter Berg talked about how horrified he was when he found out that Connie and Kyle had decided to drive to Austin from LA together. He was positive that they'd be sleeping together and thus Kyle'd be cheating on his wife within a couple of days and he told Connie this. Her response: "You're an idiot."
Old 06-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

i remember reading that story about connie/eric driving together and peter berg's reaction.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's just amazing the way they clicked so quickly, that's so rare.

You could really see how well they worked off of each other.