Jess
Old 01-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Can't wait!!!!!

"I got moves to make whatdaya want." JL

Jess
Old 01-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait!! I have to set a reminder when i get home!

Jason faces a decision? hmmm do you think Lyla is pushing for an engagement? Just a guess judging by the title. Either that or it has something to do with the case against Coach/the school

Old 01-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the title is about Jason and Lyla. Hmm.

I can't wait for the episode!

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think the title is about Jason/Lyla also.

So excited for tonight!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't wait for this episode either.

avi by: asiangurl408
Old 01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I loved this episode. So many great scenes:

Jason and Tyra
Tim and Tyra
Tim and Buddy
Buddy and Jason
Tyra and her mother trying to change the tire
The goodbye to Matt's father
Eric and Tami in the bedroom in the beginning
Eric and Tami in his office
Eric and Smash
Smash and his mother
Herc and Jason

I even liked the final scene between Jason and Lyla and she didn't annoy me this week, which might be a first.

Hopefully, for Eric's sake, no one finds out about him not turing Smash in. Smash's mother scares me, but I love her all the same.

Is something going to happen with Buddy and Tyra's mother? I can't wait to see the reaction to their respective daughters if something does end up happening. Speaking of Buddy, if this was real life, I wouldn't want to spend more than a minute with the guy, but as a television character, he's awesome.

I missed Landry. Now with the stuff with Tyra (and with seeing Tim's father next week), they've given us all a look into the kids's family lives- except for Landry. Hopefully, we'll get that between now and the end of the season.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 01-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Good episode, the Smash storyline was really strong. Gaius Charles' best performance so far. Also, the actress who plays his Momma was excellent. Its interesting that Coach didn't report him. Can't wait to see where that goes.

Matt's storyline was strong too. Although, he lacked screentime tonight, Zach Gilford gave another great performance. Loved his grandma in this one. Especially one she tried to boost Matt's confidence after saying his dad would be able to watch in Iraq. Too bad that couldn't of happen. Also, love the three-way hug with Grandma, Julie, and Matt. So adorable.

Coach/Tami interaction tonight as usual were great. Interesting to see her possibly helping the mayor out.

Tyra's storyline was bleh. Least interesting of the night. I did like the scene with her sister and her mom, and what looks like the possiblity of a affair between Buddy and Tyra's mom, which I think would be a GREAT storyline. Oh I did love when Tyra's mom called Lyla "a you know what" Especially since its true.

Scott Porter was also great tonight but I really don't get any of this Lyla love. I get he still loves her an all, but even if I love someone, they cheat on me, I move on. I kinda of wish they made Lyla more of a villian. Not someone were suppose to root for. (I don't though) I seriously doubt this engagement thing will last long. Love the scene in the driveway between Jason and Buddy though.

Another great episode overall, next week looks even better though.
A-/B+
MVP: Gaius Charles
Old 01-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I even liked the final scene between Jason and Lyla and she didn't annoy me this week, which might be a first.
She didn't bother me too much this week, but then again she didn't have a lot of screentime, which is a good thing.

Quote:
Is something going to happen with Buddy and Tyra's mother? I can't wait to see the reaction to their respective daughters if something does end up happening. Speaking of Buddy, if this was real life, I wouldn't want to spend more than a minute with the guy, but as a television character, he's awesome.
Buddy is such an awesome character, one of the best on tv imo. His praying in church scene for the Panthers to win was one of the best scenes on tv this year so far. But I know some people like him, in real life and I do my best to avoid them.

Quote:
Hopefully, for Eric's sake, no one finds out about him not turing Smash in. Smash's mother scares me, but I love her all the same.
Smash's mother scares me too, yet again I totally love her. Broke my heart when Smash came back home, and they hugged.

Quote:
Herc and Jason
I'm glad they kept Herc around, after Jason left the hospital, I love how he is sort of Jason's mentor threw all this, plus he is hilarious and a great character.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode!!!! This show has so much heart. Smash and his mom, Tyra and her mom, Matt saying goobye to his dad. So beautiful. I loved the hug that Matt, Julie, and his grandma shared. It was really a touching episode. And even though I ship Tim/Lyla as well I am so in love with Lyla/Jason. He asked her to marry him!!!!! I am not stupid enough to believe it is really going to happen, but that was such a cute moment when he asked her. The way she got down to his level, said yes, and then kissed him was too sweet. And I also am starting to root for Tim/Tyra. It was really nice of him to go to Buddy for Tyra's mother. I loved that he wanted to prove he really cares about her and that it isn't just about sex for him. I could actually ship them if this is the Tim he becomes around her. Lyla changed him for the better and maybe she won't be the one to benefit from it.

But I am really pissed about next week! Ruining Matt/Julie already? And having it be by Matt cheating on her? He is not that type of guy and I hope it doesn't go that far. But he is a guy in a different world now. A world he was not ready for.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love this show. Every episode blows me away.

Matt/Julie - Not enough, but I love the moments we did have. I love how supportive she is of him. I enjoyed the scenes of the two of them with his grandmother. The 3 way hug was so cute.

Matt - I loved how he was watching tapes and coming up with plays for the game.
I felt bad that he lost his dad again. Things might not have been great but they were making some headway.

Smash - Great performance by Gauis. Wow! All of his scenes were stellar tonight.........with his mom and with the Coach.

Jason/Lyla - I don't ship these two at this point, but the proposal was sweet. He loves her so much and I love Jason, so I can't help but root for him and Lyla a bit. I loved the Jason/Buddy conversation as well as the Jason/Herc conversation. I'm glad Jason followed his heart.

Tim/Tyra - I can't help it.........I'm starting to fall for these two a little. If they continue to build on things I could be on board.

Coach/Tami - These two are the best!!!

No mention of the lawsuit tonight.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't see the writers breaking Matt and Julie up quite yet. Maybe Matt just ends up at the party, but doesn't actually do anything. Maybe he's embarassed and doesn't want to say anything to Julie, which then causes problems.

I loved tonight's episode. Buddy Garrity and Tyra's mom, hmmm. Something's going on there. Poor Tyra, she just can't get a break. LOVED Coach Taylor and Smash's mom. I completely understood Eric's reaction to the mayor- I feel the same way. I think he handled the situation with Smash appropriately. I hope it works out. Smash's mom I(sorry I don't remember her name) was great and so strong. She's a great mom.

"We are all out of cornflakes. F.U. Took me three hours to figure out that F.U. stood for Felix Unger!" - The Odd Couple

Last edited by kellyakabilly; 01-26-2007 at 05:21 PM
Old 01-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

Not enuff Timmy - pout pout
Old 01-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Next week looks to be more Tim centric for those that didn't get enough of him this week. The stuff with his dad should be really good.

I really like Smash's mom. She was awesome last night.