Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Those gifs! They're so meant to be with each other.. The writers are really screwing us over, aren't they? If they couldn't bring Lyla back, they could've at least not crapped all over their history. Apparently we're supposed to believe that Tyra writes to him in prison but Lyla doesn't bother to care? Gimme a break.

I have the FNL episode downloaded but I'm too scared to watch it. I don't think I can stomach this T/////T crap.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
Apparently we're supposed to believe that Tyra writes to him in prison but Lyla doesn't bother to care? Gimme a break.
This. No way I'll ever believe Lyla Garrity didn't write to Tim at all. That is just crazy.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:30 PM
New Fan

Maybe she wrote to Tim, but no one mentioned it, or maybe she didn't because she just couldn't handle such a situation. More likely, it was Tim that decided not to write back to Lyla's letters. I remember that in 4th season she complained about the fact he didn't answer. Maybe he felt too ashamed of what happened to write, does anyone remember how guilty he felt in front of the Coach during the parole? And that was just the coach, not the love of his life or all he ever wanted...
Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched this season but just knowing Lyla's character I don't believe she never wrote to Tim. I know Tim would be ashamed of himself and definitely in front of Lyla. She believed in him and she knew he was so much better than what he expected of himself.

As much as I love Tim and Lyla. Lyla always had big dreams for herself. Tim was right in letting her go and not being the guy that held her back. So I can understand Tim settling for someone that will accept his lifestyle. I just don't like the fact that they're undermining TL's history.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

The romantic aspect of TT in these episodes is random and unnecassary. She could've been just his friend and cheer him up, but as usual when it comes to Tim, his loins is the only thing the writers really care about. He can't be in the vicinity of a girl and not sleep with her.

Whatever. They can try, but nothing will ever taint Tyla for me. We have the story and the journey on our side.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Total Fan

I'm heartbroken

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

I don't even want to know.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Total Fan

Ignorance is bliss

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Extreme Fan

We got s1, 2, 3 and the most beautiful s4 ep . These last couple of eps for Tim just do not exist for me.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Elite Fan

Still number one, still the best he's ever had.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
Still number one, still the best he's ever had.
Ditto!!!
He didn't say it to Tyra, did he?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)

As much as I love Tim and Lyla. Lyla always had big dreams for herself. Tim was right in letting her go and not being the guy that held her back. So I can understand Tim settling for someone that will accept his lifestyle. :
I agree, he thinks he's not good enough for Lyla, but he's ok for Tyra. Now think about his low self esteem, which is now lower than ever: I guess she could never the the new "best he ever had"...
Old 02-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

tbh, I can almost buy that he would stop calling her after dropping out of college because he's always felt she was too good for him.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

^I tend to agree. But I definitely think that Lyla would have called/written to Tim while he was in jail regardless of if he had stopped calling her before that.

Maybe the sex part of the TnT relationship is not such a big deal (Tim isn't picky about sexual partners-- he's been there, done that with most of Dillon's female population), its the romantic stuff that is completely impossible to buy. The "don't go" and morning after crap was so forced. It was like the scenes were written for Lyla and then Tyra was dropped in instead. Completely nauseating.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone who is a fan of Tyra's would actually want this for her character. To regress her to season 1 status where she was OK with being used by Tim, and to make it seem like she actually would consider living in Dillon again when the only thing she ever wanted was to get out of Dillon! She was over Tim long ago. She accepted that Tim was in love with Lyla (in fact, she was the first one to ever see it and call it out onscreen!) So, why after all this time would she ever want to go there again and settle for being second best? And why would the writers ever want to do that to a strong, independent female character?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
the romantic aspect of tt in these episodes is random and unnecassary. She could've been just his friend and cheer him up, but as usual when it comes to tim, his loins is the only thing the writers really care about. He can't be in the vicinity of a girl and not sleep with her.

Whatever. They can try, but nothing will ever taint tyla for me. We have the story and the journey on our side.
word, word, word!