Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Garritys#1: Football is just a game, but she is his daughter

A thread dedicated to the Garritys and the nice moments they shared, even after Buddy/Pam seperation.

No title yet but I'll think of one and let me know if you have any suggestions.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread. We're down to just Buddy and Lyla this season, but I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about. We've already gotten quite a bit with his disapproval of Tim as a boyfriend.

I'll try to think of title ideas.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Pam/Lyla's sister and brother kinda of disappeared this season. I'm glad that Lyla moved in with Buddy now though. I like their father/daughter relationship, eventhough sometimes Buddy gets on my nerves.

I think I thought of one.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoy their relationship a lot, it's nice she's living with him now. It was funny/cute how excited he was about it in the premiere. They've had their share of ups and downs in the past, and I'm sure we'll see that continue.

I love this title, it's awesome. That might be my favorite scene of theirs. It was great to see him be there for her like that, she really needed it.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the thread Sally. Love the title you came up with!

I really came to love Buddy last season............especially with all the Santiago stuff (). But, this season he has been annoying me alot again.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorful_dust (View Post)
Thanks for the thread. We're down to just Buddy and Lyla this season, but I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about. We've already gotten quite a bit with his disapproval of Tim as a boyfriend.

I'll try to think of title ideas.
I love their dynamic, and I love buddy's disapproval, of Tim. I mean how long can he keep it up
Old 10-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Same here Mel, Buddy was great for the most part last season but there have been a few things this season that have irritated me. His treatment of Tim for one, I get him being not super happy about it, but he needs to give him a chance and at the very least not threaten him!

Quote:
I mean how long can he keep it up
I'd say a while.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Buddy is stubborn like that.

But, I agree, he should give Tim a chance. Though to be honest from a dad's perspective and knowing Tim's reputation I can sort of understand it. But, there is so much more to Tim than drinking and sleeping with Rally girls.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Banned

I agree that I understand where Buddy comes from...Tim hasn't set a good reputation, but in time he has to be willing to meet Tim half way right?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's one of my fave scenes of them as well. Also when he was trying to re-connect with Pam and was getting Lyla's help. I'm glad she gave him a shot in S2 and she + his sis and bro, got closer to him again after their parents seperation.

I liked him alot in S2. S1 he was annoying, and this season he is annoying as well His scenes in S2 with Lyla and Santiago were lovely though.

No problem on the thread, Mel.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

I can understand Buddy's reaction because of Tim's reputation and what he has seen himself, so I can see his concern. What I hated the most was what he told him right before that dinner with the McCoy's. That was harsh.

Quote:
I'm glad she gave him a shot in S2 and she + his sis and bro, got closer to him again after their parents seperation.
I was happy to see they were able to still be a family and spend time together.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

The family hang outs in S2 were lovely. It was good that their kids were balancing between Buddy and Pam, during their seperation. I liked how Lyla was supporting her bro & sister in S1 during their fights.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupa (View Post)

I liked him alot in S2. S1 he was annoying, and this season he is annoying as well His scenes in S2 with Lyla and Santiago were lovely though.
agreed! he was really good in season 2 but yeah this season hes a bit of a jerk and has a one track mind
Old 10-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I liked Buddy more in S2 because he had this whole other side to him. That was great to see...but I prefer his S1 incarnation because I think that's more interesting. I would love to see how TPTB balance ruthless and human Buddy.

~simba_317
Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Me too, I'm curious to see more of Buddy's actions this season and see where they take him.

Quote:
I liked how Lyla was supporting her bro & sister in S1 during their fights.
Oh those scenes are really painful but sweet at the same time. She's a good older sister. It was hard enough for her to see/hear that stuff, but she wanted to make sure her siblings were okay first.