Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Addicted Fan

GREAT episode last night!!!

It was SO good to see Jason back!!! I feel so bad for him that Erin's leaving with Noah. Even though getting involved with Billy stuff is risky, he was trying to do his family good. Plus, Noah is SO cute and I love seeing Jason as a dad!!!

Poor Matt!!! He's having it so rough. I am really glad he's making amends with his mom, and that she's sticking around. Hopefully, the football situation clears ups.

The Tami/Julie storyline was good too. It's good to know Julie's not trying to go down a bad path.

And Tyra better be carefull. Cash seems like a nice guy, but not with those pills.

I can't wait for next weeks ep!!!
Amanda's Twitter
Old 10-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Loving it!

I'm really really liking Matt's mother. I can't hate her, even though what she did was wrong. But what a lovely character (and actress, gotta admit).
I'm really enjoying the Matt/Matt's mom scenes, and she showed up in the best time. It's been rough for the boy.

LOL at the Taylors. I could have an episode just with those 3 and their family scenes. It's funny how parents assume that a tatoo means you're going to get into drugs and go into a bad path, that is very realistic though. Good thing Julie was able to keep it, I think Tami's speech was more important than have the girl removing it. She'd only get mad.

Matt/Eric scenes are still the best scenes after 3 seasons. It alwasy breaks my heart. The two actors are really at their best all the time, but together it's priceless.

Not enough Landry and too much Tim and his brother. I honestly don't care about the brothers, I've tried but nope, it keeps boring me.
Also, I'm curious to know more about JD. I kinda like the kid, but they haven't showed enough to know him well.

Last edited by Tugi; 10-30-2008 at 07:52 AM
Old 10-30-2008, 09:16 AM
New Fan

Well, not the bast episode ever, but certainly not the worst.

Matt - I actually like him and his mom. I hope she isn't there just to disappoint him. We saw that in season one with Riggins and his father. So far so good though.

Tyra/Cash - yeah, whatever. Once again Tyra is barely interacting with the rest of the characters.

The Taylor's - All I kept thinking was that Coach and Tami should be thanking God that Julie made it to her senior year without having sex or getting into major trouble. Look at the rest of the teens in this town.

Jason/Tim/Herc/Billy - Hee. Oh my God, who in their right mind would give these four a loan? There was a lot here that was hysterically funny. Tim's line and the fact that it worked every time, Billy, Jason, & Herc arguing over decorating, Jason sounding just like a car salesman when convincing Buddy to sell him the house. All these things had me laughing. Also, who would have thought that Tim is the smart one in the Riggins' family. And yet the last scene with Erin telling Jason that she's leaving with baby Noah (and Tim overhearing) was very sad. The only thing I didn't buy was that Jason and Erin have any kind of relationship at all.

Other things:

So I guess Tim is finally 18 since he could sign for a loan.

Great continuity in that the real estate saleswoman was the same one from early season one who dealt with Tami and also hit on Tim.

Julie couldn't have picked a more painful spot to get a tattoo.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

I really did not like this episode because it focused on the characters I could not care less about.

Jason---I really don't like him and I never have, right from season 1 I knew he would be a boring filler character. His storyline was really lame and annoying, I just feel he is getting desparate with all his endeavors and I just want him off my screen. Im not feeling his storyline with Erin and the baby, because it distracts from football and the central characters who are still very much intergrated into the show. I also don't really feel a connection between him and Erin; I really don't understand his love for he and how it evolved from a one night stand. I also don't like how he never told Tim about the conversation he had with Buddy about not wanting to see Tim as the father of his grandchildren...it did not feel right to me.

Tyra--She's just there for me as a character, so to see so much time and storyline focused on her just irks me. I don't like this Cash storyline, because its a repeat of the season 1 drama that Tami went through to have Tyra change herself. It just feels as if history is repeating itself, especially with Tami saying Tyra was a bad influence on Julie. Tyra isn't progressing as a character anymore and she is getting annoying again. I really liked her in season 2, but now she has gone back to her old ways and it's weird to see no one is invested in her but Tami. I mean where is her mother? It feels as if Tami is crossing some sort of line with Tyra, as if she is too invested in her, because no one else is there.

Matt---I felt sorry for him but again this whole storyline is a repeat of season 1, except JD seems to have heart and Voodoo does not. I think JD doesn't want the attention he gets and he doesn't want to replace Matt, but it's inevitable. I still root for him though, it's sad to see him having to go through so much crap in his life

The Taylors--I felt this storyline with them was mega lame lastnight. I mean really, Julie is beginning to remind me of season 2 again. Getting a tattoo and being a spoiled brat and a overreacting parents. I want some new source of conflict and it was weird how the baby was no where to be found this episode. It feels so much like season 1 dynamics so I don't know why they had Tami pregnant and have a baby if it wasn't going to change anything.

Tim/Billy--I loved them in this episode, their dynamic is interesting. I feel Tim is the more responsible of the two brothers lately, especially with Tim being against stealing the wire, and then Billy went and forced him to do it. Then Billy took them back to the drug dealers lastnight and Tim had to stop the fight Billy started and lead them away from the path of wrong. Tim is changing for the better, which is good to see.

Lyla--Really, when is she going to get her own storyline? I am annoyed because obviously she is one of my favorite characters since I ship Tyla and the whole episode she had one scene and she never even talked it in. I'm not happy about this, so I hope in the next few episodes she gets something.

Tyla--Are my favorite ship, so I'm disappointed we got no scenes for them, again, I hope this changes in the next few episodes, as there is only 13.

There was also no Landry, so I was disappointed in this too! I love his character and he had only one scene too!

Things I could do without:
Cash/Tyra
JD storyline
Jason/Erin/baby
Old 10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Jason + Baby = Freaking adorable

I love Scott/Jason, so I'm more than happy to see him on my screen as much as possible.

As far as the episode as a whole..................definitely not as great as the previous 4 which were just phenomenal. But, this was still a very good episode.

I loved all the Tim/Jason/Billy/Herc stuff.

Loving Matt's storyline this season and the stuff with his mom and his grandma. Good job once again by Zach.

All the Taylor stuff was made of win even if the tatoo thing was a bit lame.

I gotta get to work so more comments later.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

I think the main problem with this episode is that it seemed to be recycling stories from season 1. It gives the impression they're out of ideas.
The situations may be different but the problems are the same.
It's always worth for the diologues and the actors. But one starts wondering about the creative aspect.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

I think their really having trouble being able to mold new relationships. We keep getting more of the same old stuff. I mean instead of Tami/Tyra why don't they explore Tami/Lyla, it feels they are trying too hard to force Tyra into the Taylor family with her friendship with Julie and Tami's mothering of Tyra. The writers don't know how to find basis for different relationships.

They really had a good thing going with the Tim/Matt stuff in season 2 but they completely eliminated that this season and went back to Jason/Tim and Matt/Landry. They never shake things up.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Is it possible for someone to send me the link to the eppy?

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Does anyone know Cash's real name?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily_ (View Post)
Does anyone know Cash's real name?
Never mind. It's Zach Roerig.

Just checked out his (outdated) fan page. He looks better on TV.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
New Fan

I forgot something. I found it somewhat interesting that Jason didn't even bat an eyelash about the copper wire. Herc I could see not caring that the money was gotten by less than honest means, but Jason? Now we have all four of them implicated in this, so I hope that this is the end of the copper wire caper storyline.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, and as a British viewer. I was confused by the grape jelly as first! We call it jam whether it has the fruit bits in or not. Jelly is a gelatin dessert, which means for a whole lot of experimenting as a teenager.

And tortilla chips(?) in salad? Was that what Julie said? That I may have to try sometime!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The Taylors--I felt this storyline with them was mega lame lastnight. I mean really, Julie is beginning to remind me of season 2 again. Getting a tattoo and being a spoiled brat and a overreacting parents. I want some new source of conflict and it was weird how the baby was no where to be found this episode. It feels so much like season 1 dynamics so I don't know why they had Tami pregnant and have a baby if it wasn't going to change anything.
I wouldn't necessarily call it mega lame. I thought it was good. Julie is a teenager, and her moods and hormones cause her to react certain ways. It's not like teens just have one rebellious moment and then it's over. I thought their reaction was very parental and I didn't think they were overreacting.

You just gotta look at it from a parents point of view and realize how big a deal getting a tattoo is, and how much more it says to them than her going out and geting inked. I think it was mostly the lack of communication on Julie's part and the fact that she thought it was no big deal that she got one.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I gotta say I thought the tattoo storyline was a nice touch. Very realistic on all sides I thought. The only thing that bothered me was that Julie doesn't strike me as someone who'd get a cliche tattoo like a heart and rose that "meant nothing". Seems to me she's deeper than that, when she wants to be.

I don't post here often, so please don't flame for simply posting my opinion, as it is just that, my opinion. Not fact. .. with that said....

I liked this episode, but found that the lack of Tim/Lyla was.. odd. And I don't ship them - at all... it's just that it would seem that if her boyfriend was buying her childhood home from her father, she'd find out about it somehow. It was also stupid of Tim to think he could hide the copper wire thing from her. Inevitably, when she finds out he invested in the house, she will be curious as to where he got all that money. And even if he manages to lie to her about it, she will be angry about him investing that kind of money in a house when he could have used it for college. It's lose/lose for Tim, really, and I hate to say it but I just feel as though he went and sabatoged his entire relationship in this episode, we just haven't seen the fallout. Now, as someone who is basically indifferent to Tim/Lyla, I really like that direction, simply because I think it really reflects who he is as a person. He IS a 'good guy', as Lyla asked him.. but he makes bad, sometimes stupid decisions without thinking of the consequences.

And no matter how much I think he's a good guy - I am betting Lyla won't be so understanding when she finds out he stole copper wire and then sold it to some sketchy guy, all the while getting shot at, then buying her dad's house so he can flip it. I just don't see this thing being anywhere near over and I feel bad cuz I think poor Tim is in for rough times ahead.

But that's what I love about this show - people can't always magically turn their lives around like a movie - Tyra & Tim are prime examples of that. No matter how hard you try, sometimes you fall back into old habits, however unintentional. I LOVE that dynamic of the show.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortycm18 (View Post)
Yeah I gotta say I thought the tattoo storyline was a nice touch. Very realistic on all sides I thought. The only thing that bothered me was that Julie doesn't strike me as someone who'd get a cliche tattoo like a heart and rose that "meant nothing". Seems to me she's deeper than that, when she wants to be.

I don't post here often, so please don't flame for simply posting my opinion, as it is just that, my opinion. Not fact. .. with that said....

I liked this episode, but found that the lack of Tim/Lyla was.. odd. And I don't ship them - at all... it's just that it would seem that if her boyfriend was buying her childhood home from her father, she'd find out about it somehow. It was also stupid of Tim to think he could hide the copper wire thing from her. Inevitably, when she finds out he invested in the house, she will be curious as to where he got all that money. And even if he manages to lie to her about it, she will be angry about him investing that kind of money in a house when he could have used it for college. It's lose/lose for Tim, really, and I hate to say it but I just feel as though he went and sabatoged his entire relationship in this episode, we just haven't seen the fallout. Now, as someone who is basically indifferent to Tim/Lyla, I really like that direction, simply because I think it really reflects who he is as a person. He IS a 'good guy', as Lyla asked him.. but he makes bad, sometimes stupid decisions without thinking of the consequences.

And no matter how much I think he's a good guy - I am betting Lyla won't be so understanding when she finds out he stole copper wire and then sold it to some sketchy guy, all the while getting shot at, then buying her dad's house so he can flip it. I just don't see this thing being anywhere near over and I feel bad cuz I think poor Tim is in for rough times ahead.

But that's what I love about this show - people can't always magically turn their lives around like a movie - Tyra & Tim are prime examples of that. No matter how hard you try, sometimes you fall back into old habits, however unintentional. I LOVE that dynamic of the show.
oh you won't get flamed lol. This is a very friendly board so welcome! I haven't witnessed any fire at all since I've been here

Ya her choice of tattoo was kind of weird. Plus, don't you have to be 18 to get one legally? I mean I know places will do it, but where I live, it's a very strict rule and they ID people.

Ya I think the whole copper wire storyline is gonna blow up in his face. Its bad that Tim got sucked into it, and he can't escape his fate now. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Plus, the fact that he's keeping it from Lyla will not sit well with her.