Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Backfire (2.04) Episode Discussion

"Backfire"
Friday, October 26, 9 p.m.

Tim and Jason go to Mexico as Street explores experimental surgery. Tim, concerned about Street, turns to Lyla for help. Meanwhile, Coach makes a choice that will change his life. A police investigation instills fear in Tyra and Landry.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Exciting. TY Mel

Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

You're welcome.

Can't wait!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this thread, Mel!

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-26-2007, 06:05 PM
New Fan

Yay, it's Fridaaaaay!!

...and you-know-who is history

~Steph
Old 10-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

No comments on the episode yet? I have to say that I really loved it. The first episode this season where I felt like the show is back and I enjoyed every aspect of it.

I had my doubts when it came to Lyla and her storyline this season, but I'm enjoying it very much. I liked how she is proving that she's more than just talk and trying to help Santiago especially when at first it seemed like she was just there to preach and do a job then leave. I'm still not sure that I liked her calling her mother "un-Christian" which if you're calling someone that, what does it say about you? Either way, I really want more Buddy/Lyla scenes. Isn't it weird? I hated him last season, but I'm kind of rooting for him in every scene. I saw the wheels turning in his head when his wife told him about the problem with Lyla. Of course he was going to use that to get some points with Lyla. Nice.

This show is actually making me fall for Lyla/Tim a bit, against my will. Last season I liked them at first until they dropped them, but this season it is just so believable. I like seeing scenes between the two of them, they have a lot of chem and have an intriguing intensity.

Jason/Tim are just so much love. I was laughing throughout most of it, it waa so much fun! We should really get more of these two together. I'm not sure yet if I will like Lyla joining in or if three will be a crowd. We'll see.

I'm losing my interest in Tyra and Landry romantically, but I still think the two have a great connection and the actors are terrific together. I don't understand where Tyra's head is at, for once Landry starts to make sense and she shuts him down. Still great performances all around. My heart was pounding in my chest for the two of them. Adrianne kind of nailed all of her scenes. I know this isn't the end of the murder storyline, though.

COACH! Oh man. I almost teared up just seeing him in uniform walk back into the locker rooms to talk to the team. I am SO glad he's back. The show did good at building that up and having the audience become invested. I know I was.

Okay, my favorite part of the episode by far was the Taylor family. I really really loved the driving scene with Julie and Eric. The two have such a great back and forth banter and rapport with each other that I really missed seeing. Lol @ "carrying on" in the drive way.

I really loved that it was ultimately Tami who helped her see that The Swede is not who she thinks she is. When Tami was telling her that story, it seemed like it went in one ear and out the other, until she went over his house it's like it all hit her. The way that scene was played out and built up was perfect. And I definitely cried a bit when Julie finally embraced her mother. Man, I love them so much. So yeah, the three of them stole the episode.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:55 PM
New Fan

Ok, so I actually didn't know what TO say after the episode went off. I had to soak it in a bit, I guess. I haven't had a chance to post on the forum this week due to college, but I HAVE to say something about tonight's eppy LoL

First of all, I LOVED the scene toward the end with Tim calling Lyla and asking for her help. Like Shift said, I'm not sure if Lyla will join them or not. I don't even know if it would be a GOOD decision if she did. I mean, I agree with Tim. I'm not sure if Jason should go through with this, I really don't.

Landry and Tyra...oh man. Still loving them, but tonight they really had me nervous, especially when they asked Tyra to come to the police station...

Jason and Tim in Mexico...priceless LoL My favorite line from their scenes came from Tim: "Can't you even buy me a couple of tacos?" LOL The karaoke scene was hilarious until Jason started singing the little song about him getting the shot and walking again. He looked very hurt and something else that I just can't put my finger on, but he broke my heart for some reason.

I loved the scene with Julie and Tami when Julie came home from the Swede's "apartment"...or whatever that was he was staying in. Julie finally broke down and let Tami be there for her, thank goodness.

COACH IS BACK!! Whooooo!! I teared up when they showed him in the office with the Panther's shirt on...and then when he put the hat on and walked into the locker room ..but it was good tears LoL

One last thing: NOT ENOUGH MATT!! Argh. Oh well...you can't ask for everything in one episode LoL

~Steph
Old 10-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, seriously, there hasn't been enough Matt. I miss that kid.

I must be in the minority so far, but I'm not feeling Tim/Lyla as a couple. I saw more between Lyla and her little juvie convict, hee, than T/L. I don't know, I actually did like them early last season, but I no longer feel them as a couple. Eh. I dunno. That might change.

I need Tyra to interact with people other than Landry. I miss her with Julie, Tim, Tami...hell, the whole Taylor clan. I just miss her. Adrianne still knocks her **** out of the park, so I'm dealing with it. And I do still like her friendship with Landry. Friendship. Not feeling the romance aspect.

AH. Julie's back! Absolutely adored her scenes. I love when the family comes together. And Aimee was amazing when Julie was at the Swede's and figuring out that maybe she hasn't been totally seeing everything as clearly as she thought.

Jason and Tim in Mexico was a RIOT. I love how Riggins is getting to be concerned about the surgery and I can't wait to see how that progresses next week. It'll be interesting when Lyla arrives.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NO WAY ABOUT COACH! seriously, he walks into the locker room tonight?! zomg i can't wait for 9 o'clock already
Old 10-26-2007, 08:17 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunee (View Post)
NO WAY ABOUT COACH! seriously, he walks into the locker room tonight?! zomg i can't wait for 9 o'clock already
Hehe, oh yes. I think it was my favorite part of the whole episode

~Steph
Old 10-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm really glad the Swede is gone. I couldn't stand him. Finally Julie has some sense, but I really don't want her going back to Matt now. If she does, I hope he doesn't give in so quickly.

I was totally nervous every time the cops came up to Landry or Tyra

I really don't think Jason should get the shot and I hope someone can convince him not to do it. This just won't end well, I think.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

The Taylors and Jason/Tim in Mexico were the best things about this episode. I love their bromance. And thank God Tami's brutally honest story about her own experience helped Julie see Swede with "clear eyes." There's a light at the end of the tunnel now!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekFreak (View Post)
Yeah, seriously, there hasn't been enough Matt. I miss that kid.

I must be in the minority so far, but I'm not feeling Tim/Lyla as a couple. I saw more between Lyla and her little juvie convict, hee, than T/L.
I don't know, I actually did like them early last season, but I no longer feel them as a couple. Eh. I dunno. That might change.

I need Tyra to interact with people other than Landry. I miss her with Julie, Tim, Tami...hell, the whole Taylor clan. I just miss her. Adrianne still knocks her **** out of the park, so I'm dealing with it. And I do still like her friendship with Landry. Friendship. Not feeling the romance aspect.

AH. Julie's back! Absolutely adored her scenes. I love when the family comes together. And Aimee was amazing when Julie was at the Swede's and figuring out that maybe she hasn't been totally seeing everything as clearly as she thought.

Jason and Tim in Mexico was a RIOT. I love how Riggins is getting to be concerned about the surgery and I can't wait to see how that progresses next week. It'll be interesting when Lyla arrives.
I totally agree with you about Lyla! I like Lyla better when she is not around Tim. I think he kind of brings her down a bit. I saw a lot of chemistry with her and the juvie-boy. I think Tim needs to get his life together before he is involved with anybody else. Or, hmm. I would like to see Tim to get with a girl that is not so popular. At this point, I think Tim's saving grace is his compassion for Jason.

Is Smash even on the show anymore? We see him for like 30 seconds in every episode. And what about Matt? This is not cutting it for me, guys.

Adrianne is just so awesome! I want her to interact with the Taylors more too. I don't like her being so confined. I am glad that we saw her mother in this episode.

I have major love for Jason! Ahh, I want him to walk, but I don't. I want the show to continue to be realistic about this.

I am so glad that the Julie I know and love is returning. I hope so. I am SO glad that the other Coach is gone. I guess we will be seeing him again later in the season if what he said to Eric is any indication.

This was one of my favorite episodes so far!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Had to let it all soak in a bit. Still kind of getting my thoughts together.

Another teriffic episode although I don't know if it's my favorite of the season. It had a different tone than the others though. Maybe that was because of Eric/Coach being back.

Coach: I really like the way everything played out so realistically. I loved seeing how things ended in Austin. It's not anything he is going to be able to take back and others are always going to look at that decision in a certain negative light. Of course I think he made the right decision, but it was nice to see the other side of that decision. I also loved seeing how things wrapped up with McGregor. Granted I was not a fan of him at all, but to be honest the whole way things were done was kind of low/backhanded. I thought it was interesting seeing him show up at Eric's door and express that. But, having said that, good riddance. Seeing him walk back into the locker room was one of the best moments in the episode.

Julie: I'm not going to lie............she was still working my nerves in this episode. Still bickering with Tami, calling the baby a blob, being bratty with both parents, not listening, etc. But, after watching the whole episode, I gotta say I love it. One of the reasons I love FNL so much is because they portray these characters and families so realistically..............good and bad.............flaws..........etc. It would have been super unrealistic for Julie to be back to her old self in this ep when it took her 8 months to get to this point. Let's face it..........there are many times when we really don't want to hear what our parents have to say. It's not surprising she wasn't eager to hear what Tami had to say about the Swede. But, she did hear the words and obviously they had an effect later on in the ep which was great to see. I loved seeing Julie coming to that realization about him. And I loved that despite her and Tami not getting along that of course Julie loves her mom so much. The hug was great.

The Taylors: Seeing Eric come home was just great. I love this family so much.

Tim/Jason: Like everyone has said, just priceless. I love these two together. They're both so different but they have a way of balancing each other out and getting each other to think about the other side of their behaviors/actions/life, etc.

Jason: I'm getting the sense that he is going to end up crushed. Scott is just fantastic. When he was singing about the surgery and walking again, you could just hear everything he was feeling in his voice. He wants to walk so badly that he's kind of ignoring the possible consequences of this experimental surgery. He's seeing one thing only and that's never a good way to go into something.

Tim: I like that he wasn't going to let Jason wallow. And I like that he's questioning the procedure since Jason really isn't.

Tim/Lyla: I love that he called Lyla about Jason. These three have a complicated history with what happened last year, but ultimately they all love and care for each other and will be there for each other and they all know that.

Landry/Tyra: Loved them having dinner with Landry's parents. So cute.
This is the second or third time now that Landry has wanted to turn himself in. I wish he would. It's funny how I've seen more people upset with Landry than Tyra saying that Landry isn't turning himself in because of Tyra......shame on him, etc. Landry not turning himself in because of Tyra isn't good. But, it's equally as bad that Tyra keeps talking him out of it. They both love each other but they're not doing each other any favors by keeping this a secret.

Tyra: Adrianne knocked her scene in the police station out of the park.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker (View Post)
Granted I was not a fan of him at all, but to be honest the whole way things were done was kind of low/backhanded. I thought it was interesting seeing him show up at Eric's door and express that. But, having said that, good riddance. Seeing him walk back into the locker room was one of the best moments in the episode.
I agree with you, Mel. It was kind of low. I think Buddy did have a few valid points, but I think Eric got the feeling that he was stealing another man's job.