Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

They had such a good opportunity for it too. Like, they could've shown Lyla there when Tim got out of jail since Buddy was obviously informed about it.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

IA, I would have loved for Lyla to be at Tim's hearing thing supporting him. I was hoping for something like that. Waiting for him when he got out would have been great too.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, i guess we're just supposed to think she heard about it and didn't care.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Just doesn't make sense. I don't see anything realistic about the scenario. To top it off they have Buddy apart of the storyline but never once do they actually mention Lyla besides that one time and it wasn't that significant.

That deleted scene from 3.05 where Lyla was going off on Billy about involving Tim in illegal activities just makes it even harder for me to believe Lyla didn't reach out to Tim. She was so protective mama bear over Tim in that scene. It should have been kept in and Lyla was right about where that path would lead. She loved him...I just don't buy her hearing about it and not caring.

eta: Was bored went through some of the old threads. Someone made a TL fic list.

TL fic list

More fics;

Tim/Lyla fics

Think of You

Lyla's Denial

There are probably more fics in here:

fnl fics archive

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 07-24-2011 at 08:01 AM
Old 07-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Their ending really was bittersweet. Esp. now that that's all we got. I agree, that it doesn't feel like closure. At first it did because I accepted it, but now, after seeing the finale, it doesn't. I feel like there could have been so much more to explore between them, even in just one episode or two at the end.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Jessica, for me it's not even bittersweet it's just WTH? They weren't even mentioned in s5. It's like what happened in 4 seasons between TL didn't mean anything.

Molly, you predicted this.

Quote:
I would be beyond pissed if they just wrote Lyla off in the first few episodes and had them break up. I have a feeling Taylor will be around all season as Tim is one of the most popular characters, and ideally I'd like Minka's guest spots to be spaced out here and there before she leaves for college and then home for the holdiays with them together the whole time. But I'm afraid they'd do all her eps at once and then have her gone forever with Tim moving on.
http://www.fanforum.com/32960429-post212.html

Another thing so many TL vids have been deleted from YT. I go to find some old favorites and they are gone.

+++++++

So do you guys still want to do a re-watch? This board is so dead and it's so sad. More people need to watch FNL.

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 07-24-2011 at 01:19 PM
Old 07-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
Jessica, for me it's not even bittersweet it's just WTH? They weren't even mentioned in s5. It's like what happened in 4 seasons between TL didn't mean anything.
That is true! They deserved to at least have a mention. Even ending as friends. In some ways, I feel like Tim cheated on Lyla with Tyra. Because you question & wonder, did they ever officially break-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
So do you guys still want to do a re-watch? This board is so dead and it's so sad. More people need to watch FNL.
I am fine with doing a rewatch. It just depends on when.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 07-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

I think they were broken up. I would never expect Tim to be celibate. It's just TL were left so unresolved. She goes back to school and that is it. Every character got something in the finale or towards the end of the series. We know Smash was almost able to buy his Mama Smash a house. Jason is married. Tyra came back. Landry got a short cameo in the finale. Lyla gets nothing.

When do you want to do the re-watch?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

We could organize a board rewatch if you guys were interested. Now that the show is officially over, that could be fun to do. If you all want to do it, then we can discuss pacing, etc.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Cool. I'm up for it.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

I go on holidays to Fiji for a week and there's a new thread and a wonderful new quote for the title to boot

I adore the EW quote as its so true, there was something about them that made their chemistry and story extend beyond the ideas of a teenage high school relationship that often seem shallow and filled with endless amounts of drama on teen shows. They have this depth, passion and rawness that makes you believe that there'll always be something be there between them.

TBH, I think their s4 ending is kind of perfect in the way it makes you believe that they'll somehow find their way back together because they were so obviously in love. But it was tragic in a very realistic way and them going off in their separate ways made sense. It was beautiful. I wouldn't be so resentful if s5 didn't end the way it did. If Tim were to have an open/happy ending with someone, it SHOULD have been Lyla.

ETA: yes, still up for a rewatch!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Fiji sounds nice.

Practically every pairing got a happy ending except TL.

Though I think most were thinking TL wasn't gonna get a happy ending especially after Lyla left for college. I just didn't think they would be ignored. As much as I love 4.06 that was not closure. Since I've been doing my re-watch it only makes me even more bitter about how things ended. TL got all this buildup and then nothing.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make A Wave (View Post)
That is true! They deserved to at least have a mention. Even ending as friends. In some ways, I feel like Tim cheated on Lyla with Tyra. Because you question & wonder, did they ever officially break-up.
tbh, him sleeping with becky's mom was probably closer to cheating, since from what lyla says in 4.06, they didn't break up, he just stopped calling her. 4.06 was them finishing up their hs romance, but i think it was understood when lyla left that they weren't together anymore. and if we're supposed to believe she didn't write or visit him in prison or come see him when he got out....

Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

They were definitely broken up. It had been almost 2 years since Lyla left to go to school. Though I'm fuzzy on the time lines.

Tim and Lyla not staying in contact or talking to each other is believable. It probably hurt too much and it was there way of moving on. But once Tim got sent to jail you would think there would have been some communication.

The same girl that gave Tim Riggins $ 3,000 (still don't know how Lyla got that money) so he wouldn't get beat up doesn't contact him when he gets sent to jail. Yeah...

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 07-24-2011 at 09:35 PM
Old 07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

Alright, sounds like we should finally start this rewatch then. I'll get a thread up soon. How long do you guys want to watch/discuss one episode?