Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I just watched all their deleted scenes that are posted in the OP! I love that first one where Tim walks into the cafeteria and kisses her on the lips! So hot!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 07-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiVenLoVe902 (View Post)
How can people even say that?!

It doesn't even make sense. They understand each other on a whole different level. They need each other, it's clear in every scene they have together.
I'll never know...

They needed each other so much. It's so obvious from watching them in the first 2 seasons. Lyla needed somebody to support and love her no matter. Someone who didn't expect her to be perfect Lyla Garrity all the time. Tim just wanted someone to love him while he could have had any girl he wanted Lyla. She calmed him and made him vulnerable. She just brought this something out of him that nobody else had done before. He wanted to be the boyfriend she could on. He wanted to be her support system. He liked having her in his corner. He just loved being around her. Her presence sometimes was just good enough.

The looks they gave to each other always gave them away.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gahhhhh the way they look at each other. It's obvious OTP status, I just can't even.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make A Wave (View Post)
I just watched all their deleted scenes that are posted in the OP! I love that first one where Tim walks into the cafeteria and kisses her on the lips! So hot!
WOW. I had never actually clicked on those deleted scenes. For the longest I kept wanting to see them. Watching them right now. The first one is too cute.

Hey babe, what's going on?

I don't think Tim ever called Lyla babe before. I liked how Minka was smiling right after the kiss ended and then made a frown. Those two had so much chemistry together.

Quote:
Gahhhhh the way they look at each other. It's obvious OTP status, I just can't even.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
IDK. Molly probably knows. I finally read it yesterday while I was opening up the thread since my internet was acting all funny. The description of their relationship in the Op is so spot on.
that whole essay is my own original creation.

hi, tammi, btw. nice of you to stop by.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Molly, you did an amazing job. I loved the description of their relationship.

I feel so late because it's only now that I'm really going through the Op. Always thought it was beautiful and read the quotes. But never actually read everything.

I feel late again but after watching 1.03 a million times Tim kissed Lyla first and then she kissed him back. For some reason I always thought it was Lyla that initiated the kiss.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, you kinda have to watch close to notice he goes in first.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

I kept rewinding it. When they are hugging he goes in first and then she responds all fiercely.

eta: Molly, which episode is it that Tim looks at Lyla while she's practicing?

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 07-22-2011 at 09:33 PM
Old 07-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

1.12, at the very beginning.

and this episode still, seems to indicate a missing scene there.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

That is one of my favorite episode stills.

Seems like there were few other TL scenes cut as the season went on.

There is also another still where Lyla is in Tim's room wearing a blue dress and he's in bed.

I was reading an old review from 4.06 and someone in the comment section wrote this.

Quote:
Watching the Lyla/Tim scene (“What do you want?”…..”You”) I commented to my husband: How come in the beginning of your life, the answer “You” isn’t enough, and by the end of your life, the only thing that is real is that answer! I guess it’s another version of the saying: Youth is wasted on the young.
I completely understand Lyla leaving going off to Vanderbilt. I wanted that for her character but I never saw anything wrong with Tim saying you. Minka so should have been brought back in the last episode. I just never saw that scene as final closure to TL. To me it always meant not now but maybe later. I would have loved for the writers to indicate that instead of completely disregarding Lyla in the finale.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't understand how that could be seen as meant to be a permanent goodbye. Lyla sure didn't seem over him.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
To me it always meant not now but maybe later. I would have loved for the writers to indicate that instead of completely disregarding Lyla in the finale.
That's what I was hoping for. It would've made the most sense. Their last scene wasn't an end for their relationship. Not by a long shot.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

She most definitely didn't. She had school to go back to. It wasn't like either of them fell out of love.

Matt/Julie said goodbye but that was never the end for them.

I try very hard not to be bitter about the way things ended. Nothing I can do about it. I didn't need things wrapped up in nice little bow either. If Lyla had moved on with some other guy at Vanderbilt, fine then that I could except. Not mentioning her at all while everybody else got a mention or something.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

I was happy enough with 4.06 as an ending, but just how things changed in s5 and all the ships who did get their neat little bow just pushes me to bitter feelings. TL had so much build-up, why not them, too?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
I was happy enough with 4.06 as an ending, but just how things changed in s5 and all the ships who did get their neat little bow just pushes me to bitter feelings. TL had so much build-up, why not them, too?
THIS. I was trying to hold my bitterness in but oh well.

I was happy with 4.06 too but I thought TL would get a nod or something. Every couple basically got a happy ending except Tim/Lyla, Vince/Jess were left more open than the others, and Tyra/Landry.

TL had so much build up. I just don't understand how the girl Tim had been in love with since s1 wouldn't have been able to get through to him. They made it a point to show Tim having deep feelings for Lyla for 4 straight seasons and in the last couple of episodes it's all forgotten.