Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Trailer Buddies (PD/EP) #19: Because Ellen is nervous for Patrick when he races!

Banner made by shinystar.

Banner made by GAmaniac.

Patrick and Ellen's trailer

Due to space issues, the dressing-room trailers are divided in half and shared by two actors. To protect their identity, only the character name is printed, but it doesn't take much to guess who inhabits the trailer marked Derek and Meredith! "We are the biggest show on TV and we still can't get bigger trailers," Patrick sighs.
~ TV Week - March 2007

Patrick/Ellen fans:
1. thegreenlight
2. Kiara99
3. Beatriz
4. mcdreamylover
5. diavoletta89
6. Xtacy
7. brucasnaleyfan4ever
8. Gio Gio
9. rafatel
10. shinystar
11. Robotica
12. rmc19945
13. just joy
14. tonka17
15. luv2lobu
16. Crystaline
17. Davis-Scott
18. _virgo_
19. ImmortallyUsed
20. niam
21. Fiyero34
22. Erika89
23. Annamaria
24. Tanique33
25. BrucasForever<3
26. Finity
27. adjjb
28. Nymph Marty
29. Nastyness
30. princess fiona
31. colinfarrell
32. ElletrickLove
33. sweety86
34. Flowers
35. alex_addison_love
36. ln1
37. Plop*
38. lovder&mer
39. ::mavie::
40. parapluie
41. LivvyxBaby
42. Pink77
43. m_boston182
44. Titch22
45. mcdempeo
46. nuts4mcdreamy
37. MerDerfan101
38. hungry4chocolate
39. ellie4_mae4
40. dreamergirl!
41. hellojojo123
42. brendadylan1984
43. StuffofLegendsMD80
44. cupcakes
45. lipsofanangel
46. Eve_
47. PatrickDempseyRocks

by unknown

by Nymph Marty

Reasons Why we LOVE them

Because he's always a gentleman to her!
Because they always compliment one another!
Becasue she wants to meet his boys!
Because they rock on Greys!
Because they're chemistry is so hot!
Because they are such great friends!
Because she babysits his twins!

Previous Threads
#1 ~ They're our secret real life ship!
#2 ~ Because they have a (little) crush on each other
#3 ~ More chemistry then two people naked together in bed!
#4 ~ In times of need, they're there for each other.
#5 ~ An Engagement, Twins, and Grey's Anatomy? Oh my!
#6 ~ They're both nominated for a Golden Globe!
#7 ~ Because Patrick wants to share his award with Ellen!
#8 ~ Because he's always willing to lend her his hand!
#9 ~ Because she calls daily just to meet his boys
#10 ~ Because he's always the perfect gentleman to her!
#11 ~ Because he has a soft spot for her!
#12 ~ Because Patrick really loves working with Ellen
#13 ~ Because Patrick thinks Ellen is a dream!
#14 ~ Because Ellen has never seen a doctor as hot as Patrick
#15 ~ Because his hand on her knee..SQUEE!
#16 ~ Because they're connected!
#17 ~ Because she babysits his Children!
#18 ~ He talks about Ellen even when he isn’t asked about her!

Future thread titles:
Because they never go through an interview without mentioning one another
Because Patrick is funny and Ellen is super sweet
Because Patrick thinks she’s wonderful
Because Ellen watches his races
Because Shonda thinks that their both flirty and fun
They say being as brother and sister
Like brother and sister, really?
Because their hand holding is ADORABLE!
Because she visited him in London.
Because their cuddles make us MELT!!

by Mandy

by Nymph Marty

by Nymph Marty

by Nymph Marty

Media
YouTube - Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey - NY&CO - Fall Campaign
YouTube - Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey - NY&CO - Holiday Campaign
YouTube - Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey - Paley Festival - I've a Crush On You
YouTube - Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey - GA set
YouTube - Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey - Everytime
YouTube - Ellen Pompeo & Patrick Dempsey - Like a Rose

Behind The Scenes
GA S3 ~ GA 301 ~ GA 313 ~ GA 319 ~ GA 325 ~ GA 404 ~ GA 406 ~ NY&CO

Photoshoots
TVG ~ EW-1 ~ EW-2 ~ Life ~ LA ~ NY&CO ~ Emmy 2005

Events
2005: Pre-Emmy Party ~ Emmy
2006: Paley ~ ABC Press Conference ~ ABC Upfront ~ Emmy ~ RTC Annual Brunch ~ GA S2 DVD Party ~ Oprah
2007: PCA ~ GG ~ SAG ~ GA Press Conference

by Davis-Scott

Quotes

Interviewer: You’re just having sex in bed’s and closets.
Ellen: Yeah for now I'm fine kissing Patrick Dempsey. I don't care where it goes.
Patrick: I hope we can continue to sleep together. I would like to see that develop.
Interviewer: Yeah she said she wouldn't mind kissing you continuously.
Patrick: Yeah that's great. That's good. I don't mind kissing her either.
~ Etalk Daily

When instructed to keep his hands off that skeezy tramp who showed up in the finale to mess with Meredith (Ellen Pompeo), P. Dempsey just laughed. "I know, I love [Ellen]. We hadn't met before the show, but oddly enough we're neighbors. And we met each other at the dog park. She has a wonderful quality and a great laugh. You look at her eyes, and there's a lot of depth there and a lot of humanity. So, I'll do my best!"
~ Eonline – May 27, 2005

Patrick told me: "You will find clarity, very soon" with the love triangle between Ellen Pompeo's character Meredith, Addison and himself. When asked if there's any hope for him and Meredith, he says, "I hope so! I love Ellen Pompeo."
~ Eonline - August 5, 2005

On casting the leads, Ellen Pompeo [Dr. Meredith Grey] and Patrick Dempsey [Dr. Derek Shepard, a.k.a. Dr. McDreamy]: "I kept saying we need a girl like that girl from 'Moonlight Mile,' and after a while, they were like, 'We think we can get that girl from 'Moonlight Mile.' I spent time with her and got to know her, and then we started casting for the men.
"We brought in a lot of guys [for Shepard]. Ellen wasn't an easy role to cast, but Derek was really not an easy role to cast either. You had to believe he was intelligent, so you can believe he's a brain surgeon. And while you're watching, you'd be like, 'I wish my boyfriend looked like that.' [laughs] But he had to be rugged, not pretty. Handsome, sexy, but not in an obvious way, sexy in a smart way.
"He had to be able to pull off being really witty and you had to believe he'd care about people too. This was not easy to find! Patrick came in and he was just perfect. It was one of those moments when you're like, 'This is why I'm a writer.' There was just great chemistry, they were fun and flirty and it was just right."
~ Shonda Rhimes - Chicago Tribune - September 30, 2005

Are you 2 friend now?
Patrick Dempsey: Yeah, she's from Boston, and when I heard her accent, I was like "I love you"! You're New EnglandGirl". I really like working with her. We have great chemistry, and I think it's why the show is the way it is...... because we get along.
~ Cosmpolitan - February 2006

When asked how the cast resembled its characters, Pompeo grinned and pointed at Dempsey.
"I haven't publicly said this before, but I do have a crush on him," Pompeo said.
"Well, I have a crush on you, too," Dempsey, who is married to Jillian Fink, shot back, to sighs and whoops from the audience.
~ Paley Festival – February 28, 2006

“Patrick [Dempsey] is the same as me, in that if we don’t go to the gym, we feel weak.”
~ Self - March 2006

“He’s not trying too hard,” explains Pompeo, who plays the title character, Meredith Grey. “He’s sexier because he’s not chasing anything anymore. It’s a law of physics—when you run after something, it runs away from you.”
~ Details - March 2006

“I'm really partial to the [Derek-Meredith] love scene, which was beautiful. [Director] Mark Tinker shot a beautiful love scene. And Patrick and Ellen both had a lot of fun and threw themselves into it. And also because of what it meant for Meredith and Derek.”
~ Shonda Rhimes - TV Guide - May 2006

"Patrick is very charming and funny. He's a one-stop source of one-liners. Ellen was trying to concentrate so hard on getting the right shot, and he kept cracking her up. There was such great energy the whole day."
"Our customer is very invested in TV, what's going on, who's hot. Nothing's hotter than Grey's Anatomy, and that's why Ellen and Patrick were such a perfect fit. All of America is waiting for them to get together and we guessed that the season would end the way it did," the exec said.
~ NY&CO exec. - June 2006

Ellen mentioned that there was chemistry between the pair of you that was immediately apparent?
Patrick Dempsey: “She has a really great laugh that sort of grabs you right away, and we are very comfortable together and it just worked out. She is extremely endearing.”
~ 7days.ae - June 5, 2006

Ellen Pompeo: "I auditioned with many male actors and Patrick was the one with whom I had the most chemistry," Pompeo says in her characteristically staccato yet measured tone.
"He was my first choice but the network had the ultimate decision. I'm very lucky to have him as my co-star as we get on well. He makes it very easy."
~ News.com.au - July 25, 2006

Regardless, Ellen has far more important things on her mind, like, what was it? Oh yeah, making out with cute boys. And though she won't say whether she thinks McDreamy or McVet is a better match for Meredith, Ellen will say this about her costars in real life: "Chris O'Donnell is adorable, but he isn't really my type. He's a little clean-cut for me. He's not dangerous enough--no tattoos. Whereas Patrick's more grumpy, so he has more of an edge. You know, in real life, he's grumpier and has more to say. But Chris is just so nice all the time! I don't know. Honestly, they're both just too hot."
~ Eonline - August 4, 2006

"I really enjoy working with Ellen. She has a good energy, photographs well and we have great chemistry. I am glad I [decided to do the ad]," Patrick tells ET.
~ ETOnline - August 8, 2006

"I honestly wasn't that aware of Patrick during the '80s," she admits. "The very first time I met him, I was absolutely sure that he was my guy. Reading the lines of Derek Shepherd, Patrick had a vulnerable charm that I just fell for. And he had amazing chemistry with Ellen Pompeo," who plays Meredith Grey, a surgical intern who is currently embroiled in a love triangle with the handsome doc.
~ Shonda Rhimes - USA Weekend - April 30, 2006

"Dr. McDreamy, that's what I call Patrick's character," says "Grey's Anatomy" star Ellen Pompeo, about her blue-eyed TV boss/boyfriend, Dr. Derek Shepherd, played by Patrick Dempsey. "He's gorgeous, he's got a great body, and he's got damn fine hair."
~ Business Wire - June 30, 2005

Patrick Dempsey: "Her eyes are alive - they pull you in. She's thruthful, emotional, intelligent, and real. She doesn't overanalyze things, but if she has something to say, you listen cause she's probably right. All these guys I know are completely in love with her. And woman want to be her friend."
~ Life Magazine - 2005

"They force me to work with him," Ellen Pompeo jokes about Patrick Dempsey. "They offered me more money to put up with him, so i agreed!"
~ TV Guide - September 7-13, 2005

Nowadays when people approach her on the street, she said, "Everybody wants to know what it's like to kiss Patrick Dempsey."
Naturally we had to ask. "You know, it's absolutely terrible, and I'm sick of it," she said with a playful grin. "And I'm sure his wife is sick of hearing me explain it."
~ seattlepi.com - September 20, 2005

"It's freezing in the shower and not as glamorous as it looks" Ellen allows. "Patrick is adorable but very married in real life and I'm good friends with his wife, so it's tough predicament".
~ TV Guide - November 7-13, 2005 issue

"You'd think they were a couple" says photographer Rodelio Astudillo who was snapping away behind the scenes at Brian Bowen Smith's photoshoot."Their spouses have to be really understanding. In fact Patrick and Ellen were joking about it!"
~ TV Guide - January 2006

Patrick Dempsey in an inteview last year describe Ellen's eyes "as having this kind of LIGHT behind them."
~ Regis and Kelly - May 17, 2005

"It's awkwards with Patrick because he's like my brother," Pompeo says. "As soon as the camera is off, I'm like, 'Is your hand on my butt?' But there are millions of girls who have been waiting for this, so I feel an obligaton to the fans."
~ Entertainment Weekly - September 8, 2006

Meredith Grey and Dr. Shepherd...
"They're played by Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey, both attractive in a weathered way that goes well with Seattle damp. They have more chemistry riding up in a elevator in their scrubs and lab coats than most people naked together in bed."
~ People Magazine - December 12, 2005

"Can you get any better then Patrick Dempsey? I don't think so!"
~ Ellen Pompeo (Season 2 DVD Release Party) - Hollywood.com - September 5, 2006

The chemistry between Meredith and Derek is very realistic...
Patrick: "Ellen (Pompeo) has a depth behind her eyes that's just incredible. She says one thing, but she's thinking something else, which is intriguing. She's really beautiful and has a great laugh that's infectious, and all those things came together and made me feel really relaxed. I think that's why we have the chemistry."
~ TV Week 2006

"He's a really, really great husband and father. I think how much he loves his wife and daughter is really just -- the girls would just melt if they knew."
~ Ellen Pompeo - Oprah - November 2006

"Ellen Pompeo, I share this with you, thank you!"
~ Patrick Dempsey on his People's Choice Award win - January 9, 2007

"Come in the water's fine," Patrick Dempsey called out to Ellen Pompeo. He was lying through those perfect teeth. But an unheated pool isn't a problem for a guy who grew up going to a frigid beach in Maine.
~ TV Guide - July 2006

"Are you Crazy?!" Ellen said with a laugh after dipping her toe in the chilly pool. Later in the day, though, the two troupers took the plunge and generated plenty of heat for the camera. Patrick even dunked himself for a wet T-shirt shot.
~ TV Guide - July 2006

Interviewer: Luckily, you and Ellen Pompeo must have had great chemistry during your audition.
Patrick: They didn’t offer me the part. I got it because Rob Lowe turned it down. But first I had to test with her, so she had all the cards. She was very attentive during my audition, and I felt . . . welcomed. Also, she had a Boston accent, and I’m from Maine. I found that endearing.
~ Life Magazine - January 2007

Playboy: Why do so many people find doctors and nurses hot?
EP: Because nurses and doctors are smart. But let’s be real here. We don’t go to a hospital and think doctors are sexy; Patrick Dempsey playing a doctor is sexy. People ask me, “Have you ever had a crush on your doctor?” Well, no, but I’ve never had a doctor who looked like Patrick Dempsey.
~ Playboy

It also makes Dempsey's co-star Ellen Pompeo nervous. Still, she says, "I've never seen him happier than when he has just finished a race."
~ USA Weekend Magazine - April 2006

"Derek Shepherd is the sweet, sensitive type. Whether or not he makes bad decisions, there's a nobleness about him that's very attractive. Patrick is more complex and interesting than Derek. He has those smiling Irish eyes, and a bubbly, fun personality. Regardless of how everyone praises him or the attention he gets, he's in on the joke knows the reality of the situation that fame and looks are fleeting. He and I chip in and get lobsters for the crew and we do these big lobster bakes. He appreciates what he has, that Hollywood is a means to an end. It'sa way to get back to Maine and his family, which is ultimately where he wants to be. He knows what's real in life, and that's his family. He lives and breathes for those kids. He's so excited about having twin boys. And Talula is daddy's little girl. She can do no wrong in his eyes, until she's 16 and start's dating!"
~ Costar Ellen Pompeo - TV Guide - March 2007

The interview ends with a knock on the door from production. "Excuse me," Patrick says and jumps up. And not being able to resist, he adds with his best McDreamy grin, "I've got to go back to making love to Ellen Pompeo now!"
~ TV Week - March 2007

"I spend a good deal of my life answering questions about Patrick. People always want to know if he's a good kisser. I tell them he's very good, happily-married kisser", she laughs. "I am lucky, because Patrick and I are very good friends, kind of like brother and sister, and I'm very close with his wife and his daughter."
~ Ellen Pompeo - GA Magazine - June 2007

"I have been in photography for over 20 years. Even though I’m not a Grey’s Anatomy fan I have alway’s been amazed at how Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo photograph together. It takes something special to capture that look they share in every picture you see. I can understand why they have such a high fan base."
~ Grey's Anatomy Insider - July 2007

"I went and had a meeting with Shonda Rhimes, Peter Horton, Betsy Beers, all of the original producers. They liked that meeting, and they called me to do a screen test with Ellen Pompeo *smiles* And we immediately connected. She’s from Boston, and I’m from Maine, and in that part of the country there’s a specific accent, so she made me feel very comfortable. And she has a look in her eyes that I just found very appealing."
~ Patrick Dempsey - Grey's Anatomy Unplugged - June 14, 2007

"Girls ask me 'what's he like? What's he like?' What they melt over is that he is an amazing husband and father. He breaks my heart. They are the light of his life and that really makes him dreamier," told Ellen Pompeo [about PD]"
~ Access Hollywood, 2007

Patrick about Ellen: "She really has a wonderful quality on screen. There's a vulnerability in there, there's a thoughness and there's sweetness in it, and a real beauty to her, and there's an intelligence that is there as well."
~ S3 DVD Extra's, 2007

"I'm really inspired working with her. I have a great time with her, we have a good chemistry, that started from day 1."
~ Patrick Dempsey about Ellen on the Season 3 DVD extra's.

"He's just like a little kid. You bring him anywhere near a sports car or anything like that."
"It's nice that he has a real passion for something else."
~ Ellen about Patrick's passion for racing and cars - Season 3 DVD Extra's

“Jill’s good for him,” says Ellen Pompeo, his Grey’s flame. “I think maybe Patrick needs discipline. I don’t want to make it sound like Jill’s a dominatrix, but structure is something he craves. To me, what stands out about him the most is his sense of duty to his family. Jill’s a really lucky girl that way. Women throw themselves at him. I’ve never seen him flirt, you know, in a serious way. He’s always looking at his watch or phone—‘Gotta get home to the girls.”
~ Men Style - January 2007

Patrick : "Ellen's a very interesting and gracious person and there's a character in her - funny, smart and wise beyond her years - that needs to get out and be seen."
~ TV Guide - September 2007

Ellen Pompeo:" Grey's Anatomy? It's Patrick and Me's story .We sleep together and sometimes we are going to work and save lifes."

"R: Was that a surprise for you (about the marriage of EP):
P: No, she informed me on Monday that she was gonna be doing that... so I was like, ok, have a great secret, I could... that would be great... tell everybody: "guess what's happening?.. go to New York, go to the Court house"
It was nice... she's very private... and It was a great ceremony for them, I'm very happy for them... they are a great couple, they really are!"
~Regis and Kelly- November 2007

Patrick Dempsey: "When you look at someone in an intimate situation, you need to look at them honestly and you need to connect with them. It's something that Ellen and I do," says Dempsey, speaking of his "Grey's Anatomy" co-star Ellen Pompeo. "When I look at Ellen, I'm really looking connected to her. As an actor, I think that's what I'm getting paid to do."
~NY Post- December 2007

"I spoke to her very briefly yesterday before I got on the plane, and she was very, very happy. I think she's really happy it was a quiet affair. I'm very happy for her."
~ Patrick Dempsey at the NYC Enchanted Premiere about Ellen getting married, Nov. 2007

Interviewer: Can you tell us reveal a little-known anecdote about one of your partners in Grey's anatomy?
Ellen: I do not know if you know, but Patrick [Dempsey] is a real maniac about his hairdo. He spends about half of his time with the hairdresser brushing and making sure that his hair is not flat! Indeed, I often joke about it. If I will see him before a scene and I told him that his hair fell back, he panics and rushes to the hairstylist immediately. [Laughs] It's very strange to see!
~ December 2007, French Magazine Interview

Interviewer: Playing an older character in Grey's, are you like the dad on set?
PD: Yes and No. You find that the original interns stick together - i don't really mingle. But Ellen has been my neighbor for years in real life. So i see her a lot.
Interviewer: Is it weird when you have to do love scenes?
PD: Yeah we laugh about it. She's a good kisser. She gets nervous and stuff because she doesn't ususally kiss people.
Interviewer: Why?
PD: Because she's married!
~ Australian Magazine, early 2008

He admits after much prodding. "When you're done with all the diaper changing, you travel to promote your films or go to work and kiss Ellen Pompeo (from Grey's Anatomy)!" ~ The Star.co.za - March 2008

'I'm very fortunate to work next to Ellen Pompeo and she allows that look to happen, thats where the look comes from" ~ BBC Breakfast interview - May 2008

"I could just look at her and feel completely emotionally present and unaware of the camera," ~ People.com - May 2008

On ABC's Grey's Anatomy, you have such great chemistry with your very sexy co-star, Patrick Dempsey. What do you think makes him so attractive to women?!
I think his wife makes him great. I'm a big fan of hers, I think she is really sexy and gorgeous! Behind every good man, there's a good woman, so we can't forget that! But Patrick is great. He's got great eyes, and he's just really manly and rough and rugged!

What's the best thing about your romantic scenes together?
I love our scenes, as I do with everyone. It's a great job! We are paid ridiculous amounts of money to just have fun. I feel very blessed! I am lucky to have them - and Patrick! - in my life!

~ Ellen Pompeo, AOL interview - Nov 2008

Banner by esra

by Brilliant Disguise

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 01-18-2009 at 04:42 PM
Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

thnx for the new thread Ana

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread

Wishing and hoping for new pictures soon

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 09-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

isn't that event that they were both to attend taking place this weekend? I really hope they both attend.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Ein Treffen mit McDreamy: Hinter den Kulissen von Grey's Anatomy - BUNTE
Old 09-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great pictures Thnx Gio!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread!! I love their chemistry
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

i love the new OP and the new pics
Old 09-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Master Fan

Those pictures are so cute....i wonder why they didn't do it togetherall three of them it would have been cute!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Old 09-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

Someone on a private lj talked about some new pics but I didn't find them online. I don't know.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

The fundraiser happened EP was confirmed as there but PD was not, hopefully we'll get some EP pictures...if she is not going to the emmy's

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Old 09-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka17 (View Post)
if she is not going to the emmy's
Ellen will go to the emmy. Why not?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Gio (View Post)
Ellen will go to the emmy. Why not?
Because the show is not nominated, she is not and neither is she a presenter, i just assume she will not be going!!

But its good i have low expectations because if she does not show up, i wont be nearly as disapointed

She might go to after parties i hope...i do hope she goes to the emmy's but cause i love that she has such wicked style and comes up with a completely different dress than the year before!!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Old 09-21-2008, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure but last year she wasn't nominated and she wasn't a presenter too but I remind her on the red carpet.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio Gio (View Post)
I'm not sure but last year she wasn't nominated and she wasn't a presenter too but I remind her on the red carpet.
Grey's was nominated last year but i do hope she'll go anyway, however apparently it is hard to come by, a ticket to the emmy's if ur not nominated or linked to one!!!

Maybe if she does she'll do the carpet, skip the awards and go to the after parties...she does love to dress up. Apparently many stars sit in the bars and not the ceremony because its just so boring, lol!!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Closed Thread   Post New Thread