Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2020, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

thats so cool makes me happy j you know internet is so handy

https://popaxiom.com/devils-patrick-...ampaign=devils

Quote:
While the series is distributed in several countries around the world, from the United States to Spain, Patrick Dempsey is already looking at Diavoli 2: the actor will return to play Dominic Morgan, ruthless CEO of a banking giant with a key role in the Greek economic crisis that undermined the foundations of a united Europe between 2009 and 2011.

Waiting to return to the set of Diavoli 2 and the occasion of the debut of the first season of the series on the pay station Universal TV, owned by NBC, the actor spoke with La Tercera about how much he appreciated the work done with Guido Maria Brera , the financier and novelist, author of the novel The Devils, as well as the screenwriter of the television adaptation of Sky.

Patrick Dempsey worked side by side with Brera, whom he defines as "a professor of finance" and from whom he learned a lot about a subject that is difficult for most. The actor hopes to return to work with the writer also for Diavoli 2 which has already been renewed by Sky and is in the writing phase.

The ending of Devils reveals who killed Ed and what will be the fate of Massimo and Sofia: previews of the last episodes May 15
Devils and The Truth About the Harry Quebert Case, a double weekend marathon in the company of Patrick Dempsey
22/08/2020

In many ways, it was very instructive to work with him, to learn the architecture of the financial world, his philosophy, his experiences, the attitude of the time period in which this series is set and in which we are today. It has been an extraordinary period of my life and I hope that also in the second season we will return to work with him.

Patrick Dempsey also recalled the feeling he felt at the first readings of the series' script in Rome, together with the rest of the cast, among which the Italians Alessandro Borghi and Kasia Smutniak stand out.

At first we had read a script in a beautiful historic center on the outskirts of Rome. We reviewed the first five episodes. It was something truly magical, even if it was just a reading, due to the international nature of the cast, the theme and the general feeling that we had something special and unique in our hands. It was inspiring to play it.

Previously Patrick Dempsey had already expressed satisfaction with the work done in Italy, of which he appreciates the less exhausting rhythms compared to the times of the sets in the United States, and had solidarized with our country during the lockdown, saddened by the images of a deserted Rome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budd...eature=youtu.b
Quote:
New interview with Patrick for Argentinian media. He talks in particular about his relationship with the celebrity and the directors with whom he would like to work.

Why did you decide to be part of Devils? What attracted you the most about the series?
I liked the story very much, I was interested in what they wanted to tell and I had the opportunity to work in Rome. It was impossible for me to refuse! Plus, it's a series that is well done, has a large international cast and the story is unpredictable.

How do you relate to the celebrity and the people who approach you for a selfie?
Well, listen when I go out and people come to me, I take it very seriously. The people who approach me always do it with a lot of respect and are very nice, and I try to bond with them and take the photo that makes them happy. And the times I can't do it, because I'm with my family, at least I say "Hello", introduce myself and say hello. I treat people as I would like to be treated.

Did you ask for an autograph when you weren't famous?
I have an anecdote that dates from the start of my career: I was a big fan of Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory, the first version, the original. And I remember meeting Gene Wilder (the main character in this movie, role later played by Johnny Deep) and he was surrounded by a lot of people and very busy. I went to thank him for his portrayal of Willy Wonka and told him how important this film had been to me. And Gene was really nice to me, he gave me his full attention ... ... and I never forgot him. It meant everything to me, that he recognizes me and gives me his time. And I also happened to approach someone else who treated me very badly, with contempt. So I said to myself: I'll never be that kind of person because you never know who the person who can approach you is. These two experiences confronted me with the idea of ​​how I should act in a similar situation. So when I go out on the streets, I do so with the responsibility of being respectful and involved with others.

How are you living in these times of pandemic?
I'm in Maine now, just arrived. I was in Los Angeles, just as my daughter graduated, which was a different experience than previous graduates. My other children are taking the online courses. It's difficult for everyone. Fortunately we are all in good health and we take precautions by wearing our masks when we go out, we respect social distance

If you could time travel and find yourself as a kid, what advice would you give yourself?
That's a great question ... I think I would tell myself to enjoy every moment without pressure, not to worry if things don't work out. And I think that's one thing we have to keep in mind today: living our present. Because that's all we have.

Do you like working in series or movies more?
In fact, I like to work. But I think now, with the possibility of streaming platforms and this new golden age of television, with very good content, it's a very good opportunity to work in television. Each user is their own programmer with the possibility of streaming.

Who have you not worked with yet and who would you like to work with?
I wish I could work with Christopher Nolan or Martin Scorsese. I really admire his work. And I would also like to participate in a western, I haven't made one yet and I am looking forward to it
Quote:
Devils will air in the US starting next Wednesday. This is the first interview that Patrick gave to an American media.

You left Grey's in 2015. You wanted to do another series?
You know, I've been careful with the choices I've made since leaving. When Devils arrived, I read the script and kept turning the pages. I was like, "Wow, I'm really intrigued." Because we don't know what history has in store for us.

You can play someone who is not always very nice ...
It was unexpected for me because we don't know if he is a good man or a bad man. Dominic does whatever it takes to achieve his goals.

Have you done any research on traders?
Oh yeah, we had a great week in London, when we went to JPMorgan. These few days have been fascinating. And that was obviously a different time than what we're going through now, compared to the time that the show describes [in 2011].

How was filming Devils different from filming an American series?
The hours were much better. [Laughs] They are very civilized. We worked 10 hours a day, not 15 or 16 hours a day. I think it was a lot more intense, and we did a lot more in less time. I liked this way of working. And I was in Rome! I had this wonderful city to explore, especially at night. There is so much history. For me it has been an important life experience.

Have you been able to take advantage of your other passion, driving a racing car, during your stay abroad?
I drove around Rome a bit. It was awesome, it was crazy. I also did a lot of cycling there. It was even more dangerous than driving a car
Quote:
With the Devils series going to be broadcast in October in all Latin American countries, Patrick is in demand by some South American media.

Maybe Patrick Dempsey can finally hang up his doctor's coat, after wearing the elegant suit of a bank manager in the first season of Devils, a financial thriller set in London in 2011 and which premiered on October 1 in Latin America.

The actor, who rose to world fame in Grey's Anatomy (which fans still lament) could not have chosen a role more different than that of Dr. Derek Shepherd, the much-loved McDreamy who appeared in 11 seasons of the series. that has been going on for so long. Today, Dempsey brings Dominic Morgan, a cold but charismatic investor to life. As he told the media in the region, this is the role he was looking for.

At first, Patrick didn't feel very comfortable playing Dominic, but it didn't last. This bank CEO is a man as powerful as he is unfathomable, and as charismatic as he is ruthless. Who can say what's on his mind if just talking about his son's death doesn't break him? “Part of the attraction I felt for Devils was about the character: Dominic was such a different role than I had played and I was looking for something like that. It's always good to feel a little bit of nervousness and excitement before starting a project. Now I can say it was a lot of fun playing him. You don't know what's beneath the surface, "Dempsey said.

It is certainly far from being felt at any given time. "His actions and his motives are far from mine ... But there is something interesting about him: he is always looking for order, all he does is pursue this goal", reflects -he.

To interpret it, Dempsey worked with the author of the novel on which Devils is based (although the story itself plays out very differently in the book and the series). Guido Maria Brera created this universe in his book, and helped Patrick understand what was behind Dominic. Part of the preparation was also talking to real bankers.

Dempsey points out the pleasure he has had working with an international cast. Beside him, the Italian Alessandro Borghi in the other leading role, the Polish Kasia Smutniak as Dominic's wife and the Spanish Laia Costa, who brings Sofia, a hacker who works for a platform of espionage tasked with revealing the secrets of the dark political and financial universe. “It was great working on a truly international production, it was a joy and part of what excited me the most about Devils. Plus there was great food all the time,” says Dempsey. laughing.

He has nothing but praise for Borghi: "He's a very talented actor, besides the fact that he works in a language that is not his own, which I respect enormously. We had a connection. immediate and he is also a very funny partner. I had seen his work before and I admired him. "

The world of finance was no stranger to Patrick. "I think we're all aware of that today," he says. It was a subject that interested him in general outside his own investments. But Devils portrays a European crisis and Dempsey (who is American) points out how "refreshing it is to see this universe portrayed on screen from Europe's point of view." "It's a fascinating and very interesting world. It's amazing how everything is connected and how what happens in one part of the world affects everything else," Dempsey sums up. And he admits that he is now much more aware of the financial news on the planet and that he is more "aware" of their effects.

Patrick is an actor, also a racing driver, and founder of the Dempsey Center, a foundation that supports people with cancer and that he created with his sisters following their mother's cancer, which they lost in 2014. His Social networks are resuming posts favorable to the LGTBQ, the Black Lives Matter movement as well as calls for votes in what is a key year for US politics. “With everything that is going on in the world, you see how connected we are with each other, both through trade, migration and tourism. If you look back in time, you see that voices who promote non-violence have always been there, like Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi, and today they must be heard more than ever, "he thinks. "The coronavirus makes a lot of people feel insecure. You need strong leaders, and you need to try to be calm and empathize with each other. You can face unemployment and to the crisis of
Quote:
The Devils series will air in Brazil in October. On this occasion, Patrick gave a long interview in which he talks about his projects as an actor, and in particular the sequel to Enchanted.

How did you prepare to dive into the world of finance? Have you studied the reality of big banks in the world, investments, the stock market and the economy?
Yes, I had a great teacher, Guido Brera, who wrote the book (which inspired the series). We spent a lot of time together. He explained to me what he intended to achieve, what he wanted to do with the story, and then we talked about his business. He showed me all aspects of business, banking, and how he focused on the different disciplines of the financial world, which enlightened me enormously. I really learned a lot from him. I learned that you should absolutely not play on the stock market. It takes a lot of research, analysis and all of that to make a decision. And I learned how hard these people work. And 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They never stop.

You have a lot of fans in Brazil, since other works, like Grey's Anatomy, have been released. How do you think the Brazilian audience and your fans here can relate to the show?
I think what's most interesting about Devils is you see what's going on with the stock market crisis impacting the world's economy and of course it shows how Brazil has been deeply affected, and that is something current. I think it's all there. I think people can get a little idea of ​​what happened. Then you hear what is coming from the government, or the news. What is most rewarding when you go to Brazil are the beautiful people who live in this country. They are very good people! What is happening is that people are disappointed with their governments. This is what scares those who are most affected. That's what's interesting when you watch Devils. We start to see it at the highest level when the decisions are made. Then, when you go to a village, you start to see how these decisions have a profound impact on daily life.

Devils has already been renewed for a second season. Can we count on the presence of Dominic Morgan in the next episodes?
Yeah, I'm very excited about season 2. I read the first two episodes and they're very good, very strong. It seems that is what we are going through now. It's very exciting.

In addition, we wanted to know what were your next projects? Do you have new projects in the pipeline?
I'm waiting to be able to resume work. I have the Ways and Means series, which is a political drama, which was about to start filming, but it had to be stopped because of the pandemic. We're going to start filming in January. Then we have the second season of Devils. I am also waiting for Enchanted. The script is ready. I know you're waiting to see what Disney's decision will be. It could also be done. Here are some of the projects I am working on. I think we'll wait until we're sure everything's in order to get back to work. I will probably return to work in 2021.

Devils will air in at least 160 countries. How can such a series work on so many continents, in so many different places in the world?
I think she has a lot of diversity in her cast, in her storylines. She talks about all the countries in the world and how they have been affected by this situation. I think that's part of the answer, a solid cast. I like to be part of a whole as strong as this one. I think the cast is amazing, there are different stories going on and very different characters that people can relate to, which I find very enjoyable and very inspiring.

What was it like working on a production in Italy and London, with such a diverse cast - with actors from the US, Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, Poland? ? Do you think everyone has managed to add their cultural differences to the show and the characters?
Yes they did. When you work in Italy you have a certain tradition in the way they make films and the procedures they go through, with a rich and great history as well. When you go to the old Fellini studios, when you walk through them, you feel that story and you get inspired by what is happening to you. It was fun. The hours were different, it's not like in the United States, where we are doing 3 to 4 pm at the moment. In Europe, it's more civilized, because we did 10-12 hours at most. It is very good. We learn different cultures, different languages, things
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 10-15-2020, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Thanks Jen

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 10-15-2020, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

welcome j

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ITSrC0jY2k
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 10-20-2020, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

i always like it when he goes to Kimmel

Old 10-20-2020, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

its always a good fun interview the lazy boy

They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 10-21-2020, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

thanks

Old 10-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

so welcome j
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 11-02-2020, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

i like this line: This bank CEO is a man as powerful as he is unfathomable, and as charismatic as he is ruthless.

I will add it as a title to the Dominic thread

Old 11-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

great idea j

https://brieftake.com/interview-devils-patrick-dempsey/
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 11-10-2020, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend