Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2011, 06:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Goodbye Thread (The Office Board is Closing Sunday 10/23/11)

As we discussed here and based on the responses received and the lack of responses, the decision was made to close the board. It will close this Sunday (the 23rd).

This deeply saddens us, but like Michael Scott/Steve Carell, it's time to say goodbye.

We're happy that the decision to close the board is on our terms and not due to not meeting the posting requirements. The board deserves to go out on top and with dignity.

We want to thank each and every person who has posted on the board (past and present). The board has changed over the years but we've always had a close knit group of posters and so many of us have become friends off the board and in real life. We've had so much fun discussing all things The Office on this board with all of you............and Parks and Rec..............and everything else.

The board hit the 5 year milestone this past summer and we hit 100K well before that. We're proud of both milestones.

Words can't express what this board and all of you have meant to me the past 5 years+. I (Mel) really can't say that enough or express it fully.

Feel free to use this thread to say goodbye to the board and people here and to leave contact info or say anything else you'd like to say.

Mel, Marie, Kush, and Liz (We all loved modding this board for the time we did)

We have an Office and Parks and Rec thread on the Television show board (Links Below). Please stop by and post and continue to discuss both shows.
The Office
Parks and Rec
Old 10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

GOODBYE!!! I love this board so much, but I am happy to see it go our way.

Thank you all so much!

Mel!

Kush

This board!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Marie
Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

aww.

it's exciting you guys hit the 5+ year and 100k milestone. DH is still going for 100k. I'm hoping before end of this season/series.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I know this was a difficult decision.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

I don't know what to say. This board has always felt like my home on . I know when school and life got busy, I faded away, but I always thought I could return when I was ready. Life doesn't work like that, though. I'm so sad this board is closing. It's always felt so warm, because it had the best moderators and the few posters that were here were/are amazing. I'm so grateful for the friendships I've made and I'm just grateful for this board. I still can't believe this is happening, but it just shows how out of the loop I've been. I agree with what you guys were saying on the other thread, it's just not as easy to want to post about this show anymore. I still love the show and that'll never stop, but I'm no longer counting down until the next new episode as I was before. Anyway, I'm sorry to everyone - especially the mods because you guys did everything you could.

Mel
Old 10-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry to see the board closing I know it must have been a tough decision for the mods and posters.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow...this'll likely be the last post I make here.

This board really means a lot to me...when I joined this board was the first where I got to know people on a first named basis

Marie: It's been great modding with you...

Mel: Same, and it's been a blast getting to know you and being your friend (I think ) these past 4 years.

Liz, Sara, Steph (and those I'm forgetting stupidly): It's been great having you all as my friends (or angels ) through this board.

Farewell all...the last 4 years have helped me in ways you don't even know.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ken I hope you guys get there! It would be great to hit that by the time the series ends.

Thanks Chris

Steph Thanks hun. I'm so glad you stopped by. And friends always.

Thanks Court.

Kush - Of course.

I'm glad we'll all still be keeping in touch via twitter, pm, im, email, phone, etc.

If any of you don't have my info and want it, you can definitely pm me.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

It saddens me to see this board go. I don't know even know what to really say. It still feels surreal right now. This board has meant to me so much and I know it was a tough decision to close the board, but I am glad that the board is going on it's own terms and not by a low post count.

I love this board and I still remember the first time we got the board and how we were so happy to finally have a place of our own to talk about the show. Then when I became moderator of this board it was one of the happiest days of my life. Still remember waking up in anticipation and seeing my name on top of the board and to co-mod with my friend, Mel was just awesome! I couldn't have asked for a better co-mod...I know how both of us were thrilled that day. We had some great years modding this board and when I had to step down for personal reasons it was a very hard decision, but unfortunately real life stuff took over. But we got some awesome mods to take over the board, Marie and Kush. So thank you guys for doing a wonderful job here I know how much you guys love this board too.

One of the reasons that I love this board is because of the wonderful community we had. Throughout the years I got to know many of you and we've established some wonderful friendships that will last for years to come. This board was truly a place where I felt like we were a family. I'm happy that we will still talk to each other through Twitter, FB, text, etc.

It truly has been an honor being a part of this board...love you guys!

Old 10-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's always sad to see a board go sorry to those who were posters here, but it's always better to go out on top
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks Casey.

Liz Such an awesome day when we got the board and when you and I got the moderator positions here. You know I love you and I'm so glad we've become such good friends in real life.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

It's sad to say goodbye to another board (I recently bid adieu to the JKras board as well) but I'm glad we've got each other in different places to keep up and talk about our shows.

Thanks to everyone who has moderated, posted regularly and even just stopped by after a particularly fun episode to say something. Also thanks for all the people that made beautiful things from the caps and video of the show.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Sara
Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Administrator

It's always sad to see a board close down, but you're going out on your own terms and you had a really great run. I thank the moderators, past and present, who engendered such a great posting atmosphere here, and I thank the posters who posted here. The main thing I'll take away from Fan Forum when all is said and done is the friends I've made, and I can see from the posts on this thread that some of you really became great friends through posting on this board, so you'll still have each other and some great memories to cherish.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy