Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Di*
[B]Hi Everyone!

About law school...Here you need... well how can I compare our grades to American, in general it is like 3B and 2A to get in at law school. I have a feeling that it is easier to study law in Sweden than in the rest of the world.

I know from someone in my class that it is much harder in France anyway. There you really must know much by heart. We have our lawbook which is like our bible and our schoolbooks. On exams we can bring the lawbook and sometimes even the other books. We can write as much as we can in them too and it isn't cheating. It is all according to rules. They think it is better that we understand the system not how much you can by heart.

I'm right now writing my, I can't remember the word in English...well it is a paper which you work on the last semester of law school. It isn't going so well because I had so much else to think about. I can finish it whenever I want so I'll finish it one day.
Wow you can take the books in and its not cheating well I wish that was like it here. I live in the UK so the requirements are the same, or higher even. Maybe I should just study in Sweden it is after all my favourite European Country

Old 11-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

matrix

coming late to party, just read matrixfic this afternoon. if my feedback doesn't get to you.. actually is probably good thing if it doesn't, was v gut feeling feedbackage.

bleedy brilliant fic.

got all my Will issues going.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Di*
I'm right now writing my, I can't remember the word in English...well it is a paper which you work on the last semester of law school.
Thesis?

So sorry to hear your life is difficult right now. You poor dear. Can we do anything to make it better?

I'm definitely one of those who'd stay in the matrix. Sorry, not even the J/H love can drag my arse out of here. I like my creature comforts.

Open book exams - most of our law exams are closed-book, but land law is an exception. It's a total faux-ami though, open book exams require you to give so much more detail, and know analogous cases off by heart, and all that crap... people think it's so easy, taking your books in and not having to study as hard, but they end up getting Cs or worse. I should know. I'm one of them.

Ness! Glad you could make it, sweetie. Yes, I got your email, thank you for all the kind words, and will be writing back shortly.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
[B]Thesis?

So sorry to hear your life is difficult right now. You poor dear. Can we do anything to make it better?

I'm definitely one of those who'd stay in the matrix. Sorry, not even the J/H love can drag my arse out of here. I like my creature comforts.

Open book exams - most of our law exams are closed-book, but land law is an exception. It's a total faux-ami though, open book exams require you to give so much more detail, and know analogous cases off by heart, and all that crap... people think it's so easy, taking your books in and not having to study as hard, but they end up getting Cs or worse. I should know. I'm one of them.
Yeah it is probably called thesis. That is the only thing I was supposed to do from August to January but I haven't had any desire to work with it. I haven't had much desire to much at all since August. Just getting up from bed is hard some days and I can lay there quite a while. The good days I'm able to do some things like go on the net, some chores at home and work extra. People think I may be depressed but I don't know. Maybe I'm afraid of leaving school and start working. Become a real adult. I'm coping and trying to open my books and read.

I don't think there is much anybody can do. It's up to me to get better and get a grip of my life and reality. I'm trying to do things which makes me happy but hasn't worked yet. It has been easier for me to do things which hasn't to do with school.

On the topic having exams with books yeah you have to study much too. They expect much more from you then. Nicky have you studied law?

Seems quite interesting that a few YA fans are interested in law when there are so many other things you could study. Quite a coincedent.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
Just an update on Bitter Ecstasy, I just sent part 5 to get beta read by Toria.
hola Orton, i got your e-mail with BEc5 can i read it when i feel a bit better though? i'm only just checking my mails now, so i only just got it, and i want to read it when i'm not feeling so fuzzy lol only because i wanna give it my full attention. hope that's OK chick.

gonna go read the Matrix fic now. hope it doesn't require too much concentration - may have to read it twice . . . . . . .
Old 11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh well I've already read half of the fic and it doesn' require too much concentration though... I'm reading some parts twice

Quote:
Originally posted by TORIAxXx
gonna go read the Matrix fic now. hope it doesn't require too much concentration - may have to read it twice . . . . . . .
Toria and Troy

ness hey !

Many YA fans studing Law, that's a curious thing
Old 11-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Taliann , hi!.

Big hug to *Di* , love, take care of yourself. That kind of ongoing fatigue is the vilest thing.. maybe you'll get to relax over Christmas? But, sadly, still have to do the grownup thing eventually. Changing from school to college to student to employed is hard every time you have to move on, but once you're in the next place, you won't want to go backwards. And new friends, new places - it's scary looking forward at all that but those are good things, too.

(ought to say something on topic.. nah, no fic news here)

Last edited by ness; 11-29-2004 at 07:23 PM
Old 11-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

New thread.

fics | vids | stupid little life