Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Young Americans Fanfic #21

Links:
Simply Fanfic
Required Reading
www.yafansite.cjb.net (Spanish translations)
Nicky's YA Episodes
New Beginnings
YA Cafe (Giselle's fics)
YA@ff.net
YA canon episode transcripts

Old thread

Orton, I'm on holidays soon, so that will give me time to think about a new story

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 07-27-2004 at 09:08 AM
Old 07-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

21st thread - rock on!!!

yay write something more soon Anja! holidays are a great time for creativity. i'm hoping when mine roll around i'll be able to alleviate the writer's block that has prevented me from continuing "More Troubles Than Most" for so long. and i might start a new fic i've been carrying around in my head for years. i'm not entirely sure how to start it because the idea is quite complicated, but i'll give it a shot.

anyone else writing? i can't wait for 5:07, by the way, Nicky!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread Rythan! So, a new story huh? Any idea what it's about? I've got one for you - Ham and Bella. As far as I can tell, no one has ever attempted that before. Actually, I remember Lauren wanting to do something with that, but nothing really came of it. I've always been intrigued by those two, though. I think it could really work!

Quote:
Originally posted by TORIAxXx
21st thread - rock on!!!
Whoa... this is a huge birthday for the YA fic thread! We should totally celebrate.

Orton - I love your new sig! Alexander is sooo my favourite character in QAF:UK.

I'm actually strangely proud of 507 because it starts off innocently enough, but things start to blow up in people's faces. Since it's the second to last episode of the season, I figured it's time to build up some momentum.

fics | vids | stupid little life

Last edited by Silversun; 07-05-2004 at 02:36 PM
Old 07-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Orton - I love your new sig! Alexander is sooo my favourite character in QAF:UK.
If not anyone else I knew you'd appreciate it, I was looking for some new ideas for a sig and I couldn't resist

Oh interesting I wonder what it is your going to blow up

Orton
xxx

Old 07-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I've got one for you - Ham and Bella. As far as I can tell, no one has ever attempted that before.
Funny you should mention this because I have about half a page (mostly notes) of a Ham/Bella story from about two years ago and I',ve been looking at it everyday for the past week and trying to decide on an angle. Are there any fans of this couple? I know the J/H thing is kind of all-consuming. I've been fairly guilty of this myself, actually. But I always really liked Bella and really liked Ham . . . I dunno, could be interesting. I'd definitely be interested to hear other people's thoughts on the pair.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So, a new story huh? Any idea what it's about?
Well, no, and that's kinda the problem. I do have many different ideas, but most of them are very old (about 1 and a half year) and would turn into crappy J/H fics without any plot. There is this one thing that I've been thinking about for ages, and I even wrote a beginning, but when I look at it now, I just don't even want to continue it because it won't turn out like I want it to anyway. And of course, there's still the short Ryder/Will thing that I have up on my site. I really want to continue it, but the only way of continuing it that I see right now would be totally out of character for Ryder. It would be a nice person that happens to look like Ryder, but behaves really friendly and all. Argh.

Courtney, I would be really interested in your Ham/Bella fic.

Noyd, can't wait to read 507!

Toria, it would be great if you'd start writing on More Troubles Than Most again
Old 07-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

I'be never read fics that don't have a J/H central theme to it, I'm not sure about a Bella and Ham storyline cause I've never actually liked her as a character ~ thats just my opinion though

orton
xxx

Old 07-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Courtney - I don't know about anyone else, but I would certainly read a H/B. I think, for most people still in the fandom, there are so few fics written nowadays that we will read anything.

Rythan - Don't you hate it when you want to write something, but there are just no good ideas? Don't worry... I'm sure you'll come up with something good soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
I'be never read fics that don't have a J/H central theme to it,
Does this mean you haven't actually read Lauren's brilliant Curse the Darkness, or Mae's A Stellar Monument, or Depudor's amazing Backstory, or... oh, I can't even begin to name all the good ones that don't involve J/H. Come on, girl! You're really missing out on what the fandom has to offer (especially in one as small as YA) if you restrict yourself to a particular coupling.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Does this mean you haven't actually read Lauren's brilliant Curse the Darkness, or Mae's A Stellar Monument, or Depudor's amazing Backstory, or... oh, I can't even begin to name all the good ones that don't involve J/H. Come on, girl! You're really missing out on what the fandom has to offer (especially in one as small as YA) if you restrict yourself to a particular coupling.
Yeah I know I just get obsessed with one couple and can't let go

I have read Mae's A Stellar Monument which was very good, Truth be told I am very wary of reading Lauren's Curse The darkness I think thats the Ryder and Bella fic, as I said before I didn't care much for Bella so I can't really read a fic that she is the main character in. Depudor I have never heard of her if you could give me a link of one of her best stories I can check them out and see if I like them.

Later
Orton
xxx

Old 07-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Orton - it is my personal opinion that Curse the Darkness is the best story in the YA fandom. SOA2 = Best Short Story, Best First Person Fic. You need to read it. Bella is pretty low-key in this fic, even though she's the main character. It actually focuses more on Ryder.

As for Depudor, I think her fics were only archived at RR. But I just saw her on the board earlier today, maybe you could email/PM her and ask her to send you her fics? Here's her profile. She writes mainly J/H, actually, so I'm surprised you don't know her. Hands down one of the best early YA writers. SOA1 = Best Portrayal of Jake (The Best Christmas Ever), SOA2 = best J/H story (Winter Wonderland), best Other Couple (Backstory Kate/Finn), best Portrayal of Jake (Summer Storms).

Old 07-07-2004, 06:31 AM
New Fan

It's finally arrived, Nicky's 507: Sins of the Father. I apologize for the delay in posting it.

Courtney, I hope something comes from your Ham/Bella outline! I'm a secret H/B shipper. Of course, I just enjoy shipping Bella into any relationship, the more inappropriate the better. And given my love for Ryder, it was only a matter of time until I combined my favourite characters in Curse the Darkness. (Thanks for the plug, Nicky!)

And speaking of Ryder, I have to give credit to my favourite Ryder fic of all time: Elizabeth's Just Another Stupid Love Song. Absolutely wonderful!

-Lauren
Old 07-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Rythan - Don't you hate it when you want to write something, but there are just no good ideas?
I do. But I'll just stop thinking about it, and someday a brilliant idea will come to my mind

Quote:
I'be never read fics that don't have a J/H central theme to it,
I actually did that too when I first started reading in 2002. I mean, I read other fics too, but after noticing that it wasn't about J/H, I skipped whole passages because I wanted the story to end. About a year ago I reread most of the fics that I hadn't read before

Quote:
It's finally arrived, Nicky's 507: Sins of the Father.
*off to read*
Old 07-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Hiyah!

Thanks for all the info Nicky I have read Winter Wonderland and The Best Christmas Ever Though I did read them ages back so I probably can't remember them

I think alot of people first read Jahammer stories and then kinda got bored I know I'm heading that way other than Nickys and Estess's fics I don't think i've read anything that centrals around every obe else, but I'm hoping to change that now

507 off to read

Orton
xxx

Old 07-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the update Lauren! And you're welcome for the plug - you deserve it!

Ah, Just Another Stupid Love Song, another brilliant fic. Possibly my second favourite in the fandom, actually.

Yeah, I remember I was a J/H reader at the start too. The first YA fanfic I read was Photographs and Memories by Roxanne. That was really sweet.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Photographs and Memories by Roxanne. That was really sweet.
Might check that out I can't believe you remember

Orton
xxx