Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

I really like that, Pammie It's very cool. But you know, now I wanna know what's up with the girl

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 AM
Elite Fan

lol I seem to be good at getting things started lately...I know what the deal is, I just don't know where it might lead....lol

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 09-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

That's awesome, I never know how to get things started I only know where they're going

enough already.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Elite Fan

Trade you?
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Absolutely!

enough already.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Prompt #3 - Use this word to spark a story or piece : Virus

-Pammie

ETA - Not shockingly, I have something written some this piece but am hoping someone else will post something before I do...lol.
-Pammie

Last edited by AtomicEmpress; 09-25-2008 at 07:50 AM
Old 09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Total Fan

length doesn't matter, right?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

nope
Old 09-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Supreme Fan

LOVED your story, Pammie! I would have never thought of a dead woman as the "something" that is out of place. Really creative and VERY intriguing. Now I want to know what happens next! Hehe, kudos!

Ooohhh, the next prompt looks interesting. Good luck to those who try it.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

I think this prompt could be good for a poem, too
Old 09-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new prompt, Pammie I have to get home before I can really write again, though, so it might be Saturday or something when I write something for that prompt

enough already.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Supreme Fan

I have a really good idea for the prompt, but I don't know if I'll end up writing it.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

You should. I think I'll go ahead and post mine.....I think it needs flushing out still there are some parts I don't love. It's a longer piece then the first.
-Pammie

Sacrifice

The figure was meant to be as unnoticeable as possible. Whether it were a man or a woman was entirely up to the watcher. Of course, no one was meant to be watching. In the park, sat a woman. Unlike the previous figure, the woman was clear in gender to any onlookers. She was wearing a flowing reddish sundress, which as most sundresses are doomed to, bore a floral print. The woman appeared to be watching the birds. Naturally, she was not. If she were simply watching the birds this would a most uneventful story, indeed. As it so happens, Laura Vanders – as said the name on the I.D. cards she possessed, was not watching birds or the figure. She was watching what was in his hands.
Leather.
Gold Trim.
Black.
Engraved.
Laura, as she will be called, as no one left alive knows her real name, found the engraving, the most heartbreaking part. The engraving told the world that the briefcase was a gift. It proclaimed ‘To daddy with love, Kimberly and Donny’. It killed the woman, who will be known as Laura from here forward, to know that the end of the world as we knew it could be possibly be delivered in such a package. That from innocent love came….hate. Most of all, as she looked at Ralph Trendly’s hand on his briefcase, she thought about the job in front of her. Separate Trendly from his briefcase and take the case to a nearby lab to be destroyed. She got up from the bench and walked briskly towards the building that Ralph was headed to. The briefcase had to be her’s before he made it through the door or – to put it mildly – all would be lost. When she reached him she quickly put a hand out and went to hit him. Her hand grazed him and he looked shocked. This man, clearly, had no idea why anyone would want to attack him. He also had no idea that his everyday – usual- run-of-the-mill watch had been replaced. The watch now had a small protective force field that went around the wearer when attacked. Her every blow would fly right off. She quickly figured this out. How can you save the world from a highly protected carrier monkey without causing world-wide-panic? The only way you can – occupy your competition until an idea finally strikes you. Thankfully, Ralph Trendly was not yet fully comfortable with the idea of a force field even if it was protecting him. When Laura chased him, he ran. When Laura threw punches, he ran. When Laura finally came up with an idea – he fell for it – literally. She threw her bag down and prayed as she chased Ralph and as people ran from the scene. He tripped over her purse, and although the force field protected him, he did lose his grip on his briefcase. She grabbed the briefcase and her own bag and made a run for it. Running toward the car that was waiting for her, Laura knew she may have risked others seeing what she looked like to save strangers. She may just gotten herself killed. But that had to be okay. She climbed into the backseat and waited as they drove toward the lab. She felt like she had finally proven her self-worth, as she walked into lab, she glanced about. It seemed unusually empty. There was no one else there but one man in a hazard suit on the far side of the large room. She walked to him and smiled. His name, or what he said his name was, was Wade. Wade looked handsome in a way that made girls shiver in July. Laura and Wade nodded to one another, and she put the briefcase on to the table which was between them. He open it, popped the false bottom and pulled out multiple medium sized tubes. When Laura’s gaze shifted from the tubes back to Wade, she noticed that he was nodding again, this time it was not to her. It was to a man behind her. She had not heard the man sneak up behind her. He was a large man that she did not know. He grabbed her and started with her toward a room in the very back of the lab. She fought him but he simply flung her in closed the door and then locked it. The room was dark and bare. Confused about what she may have just helped accomplish, she cried herself sick, and then fell into a feverish sleep. When she awoke it was to the sound of her own screaming as a mysterious creature in the dark sank into teeth into her arm. Then someone called it and it came as if trained. The last thing the woman in the red sundress ever remembered hearing was the word ‘sacrifice’.

July 4th 2017
The years had been tougher than anyone had ever expected them to be. Especially the first few. The Virus, or what is now known simply as the ‘sweep’. It was a sweep alright. It took almost everyone. Anyone who could not learn to control it - who was bitten or infected in some way. We learned after some years that it basically equated to anger. People who could not control it would be infected and eaten up by it. But it was not just anger. It was beyond anger. It was pure and complete. It was HATE. Not long after the team that got Wade Miler who was the origination point of the sweep, we found tons of files. One was about a somewhat stupid man named Ralph Trendly who would do anything for his kids and their education, even set his briefcase down somewhere and pick it back up and agree not to go through it until the next day. And of course, Sweeper Number One – Laura Vanders – The Sacrifice. She was the ultimate maiden at the volcano. All she wanted was to save her village from the angry gods, not to become one.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

That was really great, Pammie!

You definitely captured my attention, and I wanted to know what was going on and who Laura was and why she was sitting there with a briefcase. Great story!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Jen
-Pammie