Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to get my butt into gear for two of my fanfics which I havent finished
Old 07-13-2008, 04:35 AM
Addicted Fan

I've had writer's block for everything for three weeks now. It's driving me crazy, because usually all I do is write. I'm just not inspired. Does anyone have some tips to help me out?

[x] | maree
Old 07-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have the same problem. So, I wish I could help you. Maybe it's my lack of motivation that's making me have this block.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetnightmarex (View Post)
I've had writer's block for everything for three weeks now. It's driving me crazy, because usually all I do is write. I'm just not inspired. Does anyone have some tips to help me out?
I can tell you what I use when I have writer's block. No guarantees though.

Take a shower, turn the music up really loud and just see where your mind goes. Sounds weird but it works for me. Another weird one that works, is try staying up really late. I get the best ideas at 3am.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish I wasn't so dead by 3am because that would totally work for me...maybe
Old 07-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

I'm at my best at 3am. I'm a freak.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I had writers block for a while now but it seems to be gone. I don't how but just take a paper and write down everything that come into your head, I'm sure that you will edit most of it when you write it on the computer but you will get somewhere. I'm on vaccation right now...without my computer and i've been writing like crazy.

i love you. ♡
Old 07-13-2008, 06:43 AM
Addicted Fan

I've tried relaxing/listening to music (I'm always listening to music, lol). Sometimes it helps, but the past few weeks it hasn't. And I've been staying up way too lately, unfortunately that hasn't worked much either. I just can't come up with anything. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

[x] | maree
Old 07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
As for flashbacks, I don't like a lot of them, but they can be helpful and can work. I think it's good to have some way to identify it as a flashback, like a little heading, or using italics or something. I would't go overboard with flashbacks, and they should be relevant to what is happening in the present and be necessary to tell the current story, but they can work. I say to try it out and see if it works for you

Try anything, because that's the only way you see what works, and everything starts out as a draft, right
Thank you. I've definitely decided to go with italics, but I wasn't sure if it was really all that necessary. They will have to do with the present. I just didn't want to continue "explaining" things when I got to the back story. I felt that was kind of boring. I think it will help and, yes, everything is a draft. If it doesn't work, I can figure something else out.
icon by makry
Old 07-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

I always use italics in my stories. It's clean, it's easy to understand and it gives the story texture.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I always use italics in my stories. It's clean, it's easy to understand and it gives the story texture.
I like the look of it in a story and it is much easier to read and understand than some other ways. If it's a long fic, especially, it can keep the eye moving.

icon by makry
Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fading hope (View Post)
I have the same problem. So, I wish I could help you. Maybe it's my lack of motivation that's making me have this block.
ugh. me too. its so annoying, I think its the summer that keeps me from doing it or maybe I'm just making excuses
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

I'm just feeling so lazy right now. I have ideas and even whole parts of various potential fics in my head... I just can't be bothered putting it all together and writing.

Last edited by otherwise; 07-17-2008 at 09:41 PM
Old 07-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

I'm pretty lazy right now too. I have a few fics already written, I just can't find a way to "finish" them off. I feel like I want to do more with it, but I can't figure out what...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles826 (View Post)
I like the look of it in a story and it is much easier to read and understand than some other ways. If it's a long fic, especially, it can keep the eye moving.

Exactly. It keeps the words from caving in.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

I have so many fics to write, but I just keep finding other things to do. I think I just have to sit down and start writing something and let the flow come back