Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's cool Nikki
Old 08-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

When I use a song as a bouncing-off point, it's usually the lyrics that I use. The words of the song either give me an idea for a story, or they work with the story or chapter that I'm working on, and they help me frame the story, or just give me the feeling that I'm looking for. Sometimes it's the music of the song, too, but most often the lyrics.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Elite Fan

That's interesting, Jennifer, I hardly ever listen to the lyrics when I try to find inspiration. The again, my inspiration hardly ever comes from songs, but more from something that's happened or so, and then I use the songs to find the right mood or feeling. So I usually just listen to the melody.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 08-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Melody is good
Old 08-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

I use music the most as well. The words, the style, the feeling behind the music, the instruments. I have thousands of songs on my i-pod, so if I'm out of inspiration I flick through and see which one catches my ear.

I sometimes use art as well..but mostly music I even used the thunderstorm we had last week as inspiration
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Lately, I've been inspired by my dreams! Hehe. I woke up the other day and in my dream I was in a band and I was singing this song called "The New Yorker" (not the mag ) and since I don't know how to write music, I made it into a poem before I forgot the lyrics. This has been happening often as of late.
Dreams lead to great story ideas for me as well. Often I have a dream and something in the action or plot of the dream leads to a story idea to work on. Now whether that story ever gets truly written is ... well a different story!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

I get the best ideas just before I go to sleep. You know when your mind just wanders? I'm not sure what inspires them. My crazy brain I suppose. Then I have to get up and write it down and the chance of sleep is ruined for another 20 minutes.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

I get that, too, Rhi. I get ideas right before I go to sleep, and then I forget them by morning Or I turn on the light and write them down, which keeps me awake!

I also get ideas when I'm driving to work, so I bought a digital voice recorder to save them
Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Elite Fan

I know Rhi, I have the same thing! I get those ideas and I have them all mapped out in my head and I get so excited that sleeping is not really an option

enough already.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sometimes that happens to me too, but not very often
Old 08-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenwyn (View Post)
I use music the most as well. The words, the style, the feeling behind the music, the instruments. I have thousands of songs on my i-pod, so if I'm out of inspiration I flick through and see which one catches my ear.

I sometimes use art as well..but mostly music I even used the thunderstorm we had last week as inspiration
The iPod makes for a great "gimmick" when writing fan fic. You could force yourself to write a story based on the lyrics of a song when it comes up next on "Shuffle.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

I do that sometimes, just to get writing It helps writers block a lot

If I'm in an awkward place to write my ideas down, I write them in my phone Which is difficult, but then I don't lose my ideas
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Music is what inspires me most of the time. When ever I'm writing, I have my earphones in and my music going. It's normally, just one song or a CD by a band so I have it on repeat all night Or right as I'm about to fall asleep, I'll think of something and then I can't sleep and have to go write the idea down or I'll forget it, lol. The things people say or do. Almost anything can inspire me and give me ideas, I have an wickedly awesome imagination

Something I read, if it's a newstory or random facts, help me best next to music, oddly enough I'll just read something and it'll spin into an idea and it forms into something until I have to write it down.
Is your spirit alive...
Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Something I read, if it's a newstory or random facts, help me best next to music, oddly enough I'll just read something and it'll spin into an idea and it forms into something until I have to write it down.
Kelli, I am like that, too. Just something interesting, a new scientific breakthrough or something and I am all inspired

enough already.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Sadness is also a good one. One I always hope to avoid, but it still comes. It's one of the laws of living.