Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Tru Calling fanfic

I've started this thread largely for self-serving purposes. But we haven't got a TC fic thread anyway, so please post/pimp your fics here.

I've just watched the series finale (2x06) and was annoyed at the way nothing was resolved, so I decided to write my own ending to the show. It's early stages yet, but I wanted to post up a snippet. Beware of spoilers if you haven't seen the end of season 1. If you haven't seen season 2, you won't know who Jenson is or what is the deal with him.

This scene is from the prologue, and takes place about a week after episode 2x06. It is the day before New Year's Eve.

At the entrance to the cemetery Richard Davies got into the back of his company car, for a moment studying his own sombre reflection in the tinted windows.

Jack Harper was waiting for him inside. “So,” he said conversationally as Richard closed the door. “How was the visit? First wife still dead?”

Richard glanced at him with a frown. “If I were you, Jack, I’d be less inclined to make wisecracks, and more focused on the task at hand.”

“Come on, what’s the harm?” Jack smiled crookedly. “What’s a little wisecracking between friends?”

“We’re not friends,” Richard said primly as he signalled the driver and the car began to move. “You’re my disciple, Jack; and don’t you forget it.”

“Oh, no,” Jack said, the enigmatic smile still hanging from his lips. “I won’t. You won’t let me.”

“And for good reason,” Richard replied without looking at the other man. His eyes were trained on the window instead. “We bumped into that charge of yours, just then. The new boyfriend.”

Jack’s brow lifted. “Jenson?”

Richard nodded. “Just another one you let get away.”

“Like I said, Richard,” Jack said, a note of impatience creeping into his voice. “Just give it time.”

“Not necessary,” Richard said, still watching the scenery rush by outside. “That one has been marked for death. I could see it in his eyes.”

The smile faded a little from Jack’s lips. He studied the older man, his eyes contemplative.

“He has escaped once,” Richard said, turning toward Jack. “But he was never meant to be brought back; fate will have its way. It won’t be long now, even without our intervention.”

Jack didn’t reply.

That's all for now! I've got to get cracking.

fics | vids | stupid little life

Last edited by Silversun; 03-14-2005 at 05:47 PM
Old 03-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

That was really good I can't wait to read more.

[insert Fox bashing comment here]
Old 03-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks. Hey, is it Jenson or Jensen? I never figured out which was the 'official' spelling.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

I have no idea. I didn't even know his name until I read it on the TC board while posting

Well I just went and checked TV Tome (FWIW) and it's with an 'e' there.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that.

I just realised a plot point didn't sit right, so now I have to rethink a lot of stuff for my fic. Damned plotlines! Why do we need them. There are only so many ways you can kill a person in an interesting manner...

Old 03-15-2005, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
I just realised a plot point didn't sit right, so now I have to rethink a lot of stuff for my fic. Damned plotlines! Why do we need them.
Awww. I hope you get it sorted soon, I need more![/ravenous fic whore]
Quote:
There are only so many ways you can kill a person in an interesting manner..
Hehe. Have you ever seen Dead Like Me? They kill people in interesting ways every week. Until they got cancelled that is Stupid everything I like being cancelled
Old 03-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen Dead Like Me. Is it on New Zealand telly?

I think I've sorted out most of the plot problems. It may mean that my question on the other thread about that medicine bag is now irrelevant, but that's okay - it's always good to know as much as possible about what you're dealing with. I think my story is gonna be really convoluted - I really hope it's not too hard to follow and makes some sort of sense.

Off to write more.

Old 03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I haven't seen Dead Like Me. Is it on New Zealand telly?
Nope. I blind bought it off the net and loved it, so that's how I started watching it

Quote:
I think my story is gonna be really convoluted - I really hope it's not too hard to follow and makes some sort of sense.
Sweet. I like a complicated plot

Quote:
Off to write more.
Yay!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

I'm a philosophy major, so I have this whole thing about fate and causality and destiny and the rest of it. It's right up my alley. I was cackling like a maniac all last night as I planned my evil plans.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was cackling like a maniac all last night as I planned my evil plans.
Mmmmm. Evil. Evil is good
Old 03-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good start to the story. This is exactly how Richard and Jack seem to interact. Loved the "first wife still dead?" part.

I have been spelling Jensen like this as the other one comes up underlined in red on the Word spellchecker - poor excuse for picking that one but that is just me.

I saw the first episode of the second series of Dead Like Me last night - they are only just showing it in the UK. Very depressing that that is axed too. But at least there is a full series to see, unlike Tru Calling.

I have a few ideas myself for how the series could have finished if they hadn't axed it but nothing written yet. I am sure I will get around to it eventually though.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Cheers LouisaB. And you're right - 'Jensen' is fine on the spellcheck. Heh, I guess I'll be using that one from now on, too.

Oh man, I would love to see your take on how the show would have ended. I'm sure it'll be great!

Old 03-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am asking those who are reading my stories (via a note at the end of my recent updates) whether they would be interested in some stories following on from the second series or not. I don't want to annoy people by posting a lot of stories with spoilers from the second series when most of the world hasn't seen them yet. Those so far have all said they want to see some and none of them have seen the episodes yet - so I may do them earlier than I had planned. Not right away though because, as you might have noticed, I have several on the go at the moment already.

I have been toying with the idea of making Family Ties season two compliant and perhaps having that part of the "how it might have ended" storyline. I am sure there is too much to cover to fit it all into one story alone though what with Carrie, Jensen, Tru's parents and everything else.

And any excuse to drag it out suits me fine
Old 03-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

I think if the idea is there, you should go for it. You shouldn't let your creativity be stifled because there might not be a big 'market' for it, you know?

I'm gonna post another excerpt from the fic I'm working on. This is kinda mean of me, but I'm just so excited to be sharing work in progress for once.

Tru could hardly remember how she reached them so fast. She vaguely recalled yelling at Harrison to call an ambulance, and perhaps the jolting sensation of her feet striking the apartment stairs as she flew down two steps at a time. The night air had hit her like a sheet of ice water as she burst gasping from the apartment building to the courtyard outside, running toward the two figures sprawled on the ground as though her feet barely touched the ground. “Dad!” she shouted, her voice tinny and strained to her own ears. “Jensen!”

Neither of them stirred. As she came closer she fought a stifled gasp: they had both fallen on the broken railing. She could see a jagged metal rod sticking up through Jenson’s right thigh when he fell on it. A dark, viscous pool was spreading rapidly underneath them, almost black in the faint light, both men with their faces down to the ground, both men with their flung-out limbs set in impossible angles. “Jensen?” she cried, diving for the nearer body. “Oh my god…”

He didn’t move. A cold cavernous fear spreading inside her chest, numbing everything in its path, she crawled on her hands and knees to the other body. “Dad? Answer me! Dad!”

His head turned, then. His pale eyes stared out at her through a bloodied face, its features crushed almost to incognition.

“Help me.”

The last thing she realised, before her day rewound in a dizzying rush of images and sounds, was that it was her father, and not Jensen, who did the asking.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad to hear people still want your stories to be written even if they haven't seen S2, Louisa. It means I don't have to wait as long

Ahhh! You are evil, Nicky (can I call you Nicky? ). Such small excerpts that leave me hanging and wanting more Well at least it means it'll go for longer