Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Supplementary rules for the Fan Fiction Board - EDITED 9 FEB - IMPORTANT

Supplementary rules for the Fan Fiction Board

The official FF rules have been made in an announcement at the top of all the boards. The following are rules specific to the Fan Fiction board.

1. Real-person fics are allowed on the boards. They weren't a while ago, and then after that no one was quite sure what's the deal with them, but you can post real person fics now if you wish.

2. You are now allowed to directly post your fics onto the board, under the following guidelines:

Fanfic authors are encouraged to post sections of their fics on this board, on the appropriate fandom thread or 'shipper thread.

You are now allowed to post fics up to any length on the boards. The 1000 word limit has been removed. We are running a trail period on this to see how it will work out with the board's technical capabilities and mod duties. Hopefully it's a feature that we can maintain in the long run.

Please also remember that with direct posting:
- do not use expletives (they will be caught by Fan Forum's automatic filters anyway)
- do not post any fics with explicit sexual descriptions
- only post your own fics unless you have the author's written permission
- If you have any further questions about direct posting, which is a recent development, please ask them on this thread.

Have fun!

fics | vids | stupid little life

Last edited by Silversun; 02-08-2005 at 11:25 AM
Old 07-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

ingore.

Last edited by The Survivor; 07-28-2004 at 05:17 AM
Old 01-05-2005, 05:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Am I blind or the RPS thread (real person fic) have been erased ??? I went 15 days on holidays and I just can't find it Was there something wrong with it ?
Old 01-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Nope, it's right here.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Extreme Fan

God ! I need glasses ! I didn't see it and I searched twice

Thanks very much, Silversun
Old 01-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Question: I have a fic but there really aren't any places I can post it. It's longer than 1000 words but can I post it in piecies? (post in sections that are less than 1000 words and continue my fic on that thread?)
Old 01-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

We would rather that you find a host if the story is quite long. Is there a reason why you can't host your fics on fanfiction.net? If that's the case, PM me and hopefully we can sort something out.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Bringing your attention to a new development: you can now post fics of any length on the fanfic board, on the appropriate fandom/shipper thread. We are currently undergoing a trial period to see how that will work with our resources and hopefully we can maintain it in the long run. Feel free to give it a try! (But make sure they are of a suitable content, and only post your own fics please.)

Old 02-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

This is awesome. Hopefully this will work out and help the board, too. I think I'll post one of mine later.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST