Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Total Fan

Story Adder #1

Basically, in this thread, someone will start out with a beginning of a story. The next person can add as much or as little as they want, and then the next person may add as well. One may not add to what they had already written...that also means no double-posting.

Also, question: would you guys want to start a new story with every thread? Or every five or ten? Or continue one story?

We can start with the following. If you don't like it, just write something else to start with. But it must be continued from there.

--

Olivia liked the quiet farm on which her boyfriend Caleb lived on. It was rather small and old but cute and comfortable, and Olivia enjoyed the privacy that she and Caleb obtained there.

The sun was soft and warm in the New Jersey air, and Olivia wore simple shorts and a shirt as she strolled aimlessly outside. Her narrow sapphire eyes drifted over to the caged chickens in a far corner, and she smiled delicately to herself. This whole farm environment was new to her, but she liked it. It was a nice contrast to the frazzled, busy city she was used to. The calmness was soothing, and she felt like she could really experience the summer in a place like Caleb's farm.

She lounged serenly on the lush grass, looking out from the hill over at the otherworldly sunset. It was beautiful and left her speechless, swirling every possible shade of orange and red and pink and purple and swirling it all together to create a true spectacle.

She could feel Caleb's feet softly thumping against the verdant grass, and she smiled to herself as she felt him sit down next to her.

"You like it?" he gently asked her, taking a moment to admire the amazing view.

"Yes," Olivia calmly answered, her voice faint. She felt sucked into that wonderful sunset, and she never wanted to let it go.

They sat there for a while, utterly dazed as they watched the golden sun shrink behind the shadowed, rustling trees and finally disappear.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Olivia drew small circles unto Caleb chest with her fingertips as they laid nestled together in the night darkness. It had been hours before either of them had last spoken, but the silence was a comfortable one, as it had always been with Caleb. He was different from her previous boyfriends, and at first she found that unsettling, but she grew to like his differences and now she could never imagine not knowing him.

"Do you think you'd be able to live here?" Caleb asked quite hesitantly, pulling her from her thoughts.

"I can see myself here. It's a beautiful place Caleb. I told you that." She swatted him playfully, but looked up at him imploringly when he didnt respond with his usual wittiness or a playful smile in return.

"I mean can you see yourself here, with me? Permanetly?" Caleb asked his eyes now steady on hers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S I personally like the idea of continuing one story.

Jared Padalecki
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Total Fan

Thanks Jess!! I wasn't sure if it had been one thread that had gotten lost before...so I'm glad

--

This was a question that Olivia wasn't ready for.

Her mouth twitched, and her heart staggered in her chest. The summer night air between them was suddenly thick and hung with suspense.

"I..." Olivia began and then faded faintly, her heart hammering uncontrollably in her chest. She folded her tiny arms over her chest as if that would stop her heart from pounding so hard. "I don't want to settle down just yet," Olivia stammered numbly.

Caleb's soft face mollified further as his eyes bored into her, and he gave a small nod of understanding. He wrapped his arm tightly around her and gave her a gentle squeeze.

"Okay, Liv," Caleb sighed into her neatly combed hair, his fingers absentmindedly ruffling the silky strands. "You're right, too, you know. We're just twenty-two. There's still a lot we haven't seen."

Olivia nodded silently, her thoughts elsewhere. The night was heavy above them and enveloped them in deep navy blue, the expanse of the sky bottomless and velvety. Olivia lost herself in that beautiful sky and wondered about the future.

She wanted Caleb in it, didn't she?

But for some reason, she didn't see Caleb in her future like she thought she would. All she saw were her dreams; her aspirations coming true.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Addicted Fan

As she laid in Caleb's arms she couldn't help but think deeper on the subject. Was it really such a bad thing that she didn't see him in her future? Like he said they were only 22 years old. Maybe one day she would see him there with her.

She nodded to herself, satisfied with knowing that she'd see him there one day. When she was ready. Did that make her a horrible person, to not see him there now? Should she see him there now?

She was so deep in her own thought she was barely aware of him laying underneath her, gently stroking her hair. She only realized it when he asked, "What are you thinking about right now?"

-------

I also love this idea.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Olivia sat up slightly at the question, resting her head on one hand, and proping up on her elbow so she could meet his eyes. "How about I ask you the questions. You seem kind of tense. What are you thinking about?"

"Us. You and me being together", Caleb admitted softly ,before he too sat up, his words trailing off into the whispering wind.

He hadnt expected to catch her so off guard with his previous question, but evidently he had.

Sure they were only 22 and there were alot of things left to see in the world, but Caleb was sure he wanted to see and experience those things with Olivia. He knew she had dreams and was aware of all the goals she had set to achieve for herself, but he often wondered if any of her dreams entailed a future where they would be together .

Disheartened by his own thoughts, and the sudden chill in the air he sought to change the subject. "Its getting kind of late Liv. We should head inside now."

Olivia met his outstrecthed palm and together they stood up, he wrapped his arm around her tightly as they made they way back to the house.

Caleb inwardly sighed, and the fingered the box in his pocket. Perhaps tonight was not the night to propose marriage.

Jared Padalecki
Old 03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Total Fan

Caleb felt a bit stiff beside her on the mattress, and Olivia internally sighed.

She wanted to sing. She wanted to sing and songwrite and play the guitar and piano and make her living out of music. Music was her passion. It was her life. She felt like Caleb automatically assumed that he was her life. Her heart thudded uneasily in her chest. She didn't want to shatter him. She loved him dearly, she did; but when she totaled everything...well, what mattered more in the long run? Of course she wanted to hold on to Caleb for as long as possible, but her dreams always came first. And right now...if she didn't snatch the chance, it'd soon scamper away. She couldn't have that. She couldn't take that risk of not having taking a chance. She was finally done with college and now she could do what she wanted. And she wanted to sing. Besides, maybe she'd encounter him sometime again in the future.

She turned on her side slowly and watched Caleb snooze so peacefully, his dirty blond hair tousled, some strands covering his closed eyes. She was very fortunate to have him, no doubt about that, and he was an amazing guy--but she had to remind herself that there were many other amazing guys out there.

Stop it, Liv, a voice snapped sharply in her head. You can't leave him. Not after everything.

Oh, but she had to.

She felt that irresistible tug towards the door. Her heart was surging with longing. She yearned to sing. She wanted the world to hear and feel her music. The music that she so meticulously created, so precisely invented. The tuneful music that gushed out of her heart. The very heart that was gradually staggering to a stop as she questioned her two-year relationship with Caleb.

She couldn't stop thinking about her music. Suddenly, her own formulated melodies were buzzing unstoppably in her head, shaking her mind and giving her a headache. Her music. It deserved a chance to shine too, didn't it?

It was fair though. She had given Caleb a fair try. Now it was time for music's fair try.

The dingy, wood-boarded room that they slept in was mysteriously alive with a white-blue glow, an illumination that was unsettling. Olivia hesitantly sat up in the bed, careful not to disturb Caleb. She absentmindedly wrapped her small fingers around a bundle of the tattered blanket they shared, clenching the ball of material tensely. Her elegant facial features were shadowed in the night's dimness, rigid with uncertainty and apprehension.

What was she doing?

But once she had removed herself from the bed, she couldn't go back. She couldn't stop herself.

Her petite feet gently padded against the rickety floorboards, praying that they didn't creak. She slipped on a pair of old cheerleader cotton shorts underneath the oversized T-shirt of Caleb's that she was wearing, sweeping off the gray shirt in one swift action afterwards. She folded the item neatly and gingerly placed it at Caleb's feet on the bed, every movement she made crisp with numbness. She was on total autopilot. Her eyes lingered on Caleb's calmly napping form for a rapid moment, but she quickly wrenched her eyes away before she could break down into pitiful tears. She slithered on a tight tank top and sucked in a deep breath.

Now where was Opportunity?

--

Caleb stirred awake that morning late. Over the past two weeks with Olivia, he'd grown accustomed to waking up to the enticing aroma of breakfast, but this morning, there was no smell. His brow furrowed. That was very odd. He yanked the blanket off of him and trudged hesitantly down the stairs, feeling a sort of something building in his chest.

Where was she?

He searched the tiny house and the farm but found no sign of her.

Disheartened, he sorrowfully lumbered back up the uneven steps to the bedroom. But something made him stop.

Opportunity.

Her guitar. It wasn't there any more.

It had been leaning nicely against the wall the entire two weeks, and now it was...gone. Olivia would never move Opportunity. Never. It was her baby. She had to know where it was, at all times, safe from harm.

He blinked furiously to make sure he wasn't just seeing things. But his vision was correct.

And her bag. It was gone, too.

As he frantically rummaged through the room, he found that everything of hers was gone.

Last edited by autumnfoliage24; 03-18-2009 at 04:07 PM
Old 03-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Caleb closed his eyes and pressed the palms of his hands over them. This wasnt happening, he thought. He’d tried desperately to keep control of things, and keep his composure, but the tears welled up quickly and before he knew they burst forth like a dam.

Had he scared her away? had she felt trapped? Or did she really not love him, like he loved her? Heavy emotions of guilt, hurt and fear swirled inside him until he felt almost physically ill from the intensity of them.

He had to find her, he coudnt lose her. If space is what she needed and if in any way she felt as if he was stiffling her, he'd back off.

Caleb blinked and swiped a hand across his watering eyes. He grabbed some clothes out of the nearby by dresser and threw them on. He was going to find her.

But he hadnt the faintest idea where to look really, she didnt know this town so he couldnt imagine she'd be anywhere here and her car was gone, but he looked anyways. He called her cell, but was directed straight to her voice mail. It was 2 hours into his search before Caleb decided that perhaps it was best if he left her alone for now. Perhaps she'd call him when she was ready to talk. "Yeah, I'll wait" he told himself.

7 hours later and still no call from Olivia.

A cool breeze blows up from the ocean. Ripples in the pool dance in the moonlight before him, his head hanging low in anguish.

Caleb imagined slipping beneath the pool's surface, sinking to the bottom. He didnt think he would ever be this in love, but he was and it hurt like hell to imagine the person that he loved so dearily didnt love him as equally as he did her.

Maybe they weren't meant to be.

Jared Padalecki

Last edited by CarmenJessicaLP; 03-18-2009 at 07:39 PM
Old 03-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Total Fan

Olivia's hands were dangerously trembling as she clutched the handles of her luggage, dragging them behind her through the tunnel. She couldn't believe she was doing this.

Once she'd boarded the plane and securely stowed away her luggage, she felt better. Strangely more confident about her choice. Just don't think about Caleb, a voice assured her firmly in her head.

She watched a cheesy romantic movie and couldn't stop herself from getting teary-eyed at some parts. But she was strong. She wouldn't break like other powerless women did. Then she slept and ate some, but mostly slept.

Escaping tired her out.

Olivia was awed by Europe the second she was able to distinguish features from the plane's tiny fogged windows.

"Bienvenue!" a memorable voice smoothly came up on the speaker.

Olivia didn't understand a word as the woman rambled in rapid French, but the accent was nice to hear for a change.

She was going to like the change, she knew.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Change of any kind had always left Caleb feeling, apphrensive, anxious, uneasy and unsettled. It would always take a while before he was able to adjust and just go with the flow of things. It had been that way when he first met Olivia and such feelings plagued him now as he sat staring at their latest photo together. He was left wondering where to go from here.

A phone call in the middle of the night , put the worries he had about Olivia's whereabouts to rest. Her parents informed him that she was in Europe, unfortunately neither of them could place money on when or if she'd return.

As the days passed by, he learned to get used to her absence, to not jump at every ring of his phone or every "you got mail". He didnt know when he'd see her again, but he hope she was going after what she wanted, becuase he wanted her to be happy.

Now only if he could figure what to do with himself.

Jared Padalecki
Old 03-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Total Fan

Olivia had used all of her money for the trip. Every hour of babysitting and bathroom-cleaning and selling umbrellas on the sidewalk...it had all accumulated and helped her. She had known it would, deep down.

She strolled the streets of Paris in awe, her trusty guitar strapped over her shoudler. She gripped the precious instrument close to her side, her slender arms acting like a shield.

Sure, this wasn't the land of music.

But it was the land of Augustine.

Augustine was an indescribable person, honestly. Flaming red hair individualized her, her peculiar, mismatched gray eyes another trademark of hers. Her huge heart was always warm and welcome and full of ideas, and her spontaneity and optimism were things Olivia dearly treasured. She always knew how to make Olivia laugh and have a good time. She was the one who really knew Olivia Lemming. They had been friends since childhood and would be forever. Even after Augustine had been forced to move there some six years ago.

Olivia pressed the buzzer of the apartment building.

"Oui?" Olivia heard Augustine's familiar voice. "Qui est?"

"Aug!" Olivia cheerily hissed into the receiver. "It's Liv!"

"Livvy!" Augustine's slick French vanished all at once as she effortlessly spoke English with no detectable accent. "Oh my God, Liv! It's you?"

"Yeah!" Olivia joyously chirped, feeling like a little child again. She could just feel the exuberance radiating off of her.

"Hmm, yeah, come up!" Augustine laughed her usual gay laugh. "One sec..."

Olivia heard the beep and beamed, wrenching open the door and impatiently riding up the elevator to Augustine's apartment. It was a tiny dwelling, but comfortable and homey and modern. Augustine had launched her arms around her, squeezing her a hug and not letting go for minutes. "Liv!" she had kept on repeating breathlessly. "Oh, Liv!" Liv had laughed nervously and rubbed her best friend's back. It felt like a part of home was now inside of her. A part of childhood, too.

"Oh, Liv," Augustine murmured sweetly, sitting Olivia down on a sofa. "You look so beautiful. So, so beautiful."

Olivia blushed.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Supreme Fan

"Wow, I feel so unaccomplished in comparison to you. You're so lucky to live in such a great place like this Augustine." Olivia could only hope to make something out of herself the way Augustine had, but this is why she had come, right? Inspiration, oppoturnity, she knew she'd find it all here, and if she was lucky she hoped to find a little bit of herself as well. "Where were you in when you took this photo?"

Augustine sighed and bit her lip. "Im flattered by all your interest and excitement Liv, I am, but I know you and I can sense that something is troubling you? what is it?" Augstine closed the photo ablum before them and took Oliva's hand in hers.

The last thing Olivia expected to be doing was talking about her problems, atleast not so soon. She had hoped that being here, would help keep her mind off Caleb.

Olivia removed her hand from her within her best friends grasp, pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs. "I dont want to talk about me. You and Europe are far more interesting."

"Well, I beg to differ. Augustine exclaimed with a admant shake of her head, sending her red tendrils flying. " Spill please, and no details spared. "

Jared Padalecki
Old 03-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Total Fan

Olivia unleashed a grand sweeping sigh, her forehead crinkling.

"I don't know, Aug..." she trailed of faintly, staring at the floor, troubled.

"Please," Augustine gently pleaded, pressing her hands to Olivia's maternally. "It's me. Just me. Augustine." Augustine cracked her usual genial smile, so heartrendingly friendly and welcoming and benign.

Olivia weakly smiled, nostalgia suffocating her. How she had missed her dear friend.

"Come on," Augustine softly coaxed her, her silvery eyes tender towards Olivia. "Why are you here? I love you and all, but there's got to be some reason."

"It's Caleb," Olivia curtly began. Augustine knew who Caleb was through long phone calls and emails. "Or no," Olivia quickly corrected herself. "It's not Caleb. It's me...I just...he asked me about the future and I got so scared and so I just fled. I realized, Aug, that I wanted music in my future more than I wanted Caleb in it. So I'm thinking, 'Wait? Then why I am here with Caleb? Someone who I don't even see in my future? Why am I here with him instead of pursuing my music?' So I left." Olivia somberly slumped her shoulders, thinking all the while.

Augustine nodded considerately, her features drawn to serious. "Oh, Liv," Augustine delicately lamented. Her gray eyes dismalled and weighted with sorrow for her clearly heartbroken friend.

"It was all so fast though," Olivia sighed desolately. "But I'm okay now."

Augustine didn't say what was on her mind, siding with her friend. Olivia really needed her right now.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Caleb sat at his computer, staring aimlessly at the empty email document before him, his arms folded across his chest.He had been so sure of what he had wanted to say this morning in reply to Olivia's email, but words deserted him now.

Olivia had said almost all the things that he had wanted to hear, expect that she was coming home, and back to him.

He wanted to write that he wasnt angry, but he was. He wanted to write that he understood, but he hadnt. He couldnt understand why she would just up and leave without consulting him as if he didnt matter. His frustration was evident and he wanted to make that clear to her, but somehow he doubted it would matter.

Quickly, and devoid of any true emotion he typed:

Best of luck, Caleb. He hit the send button, and closed his eyes, biting his lip.

Jared Padalecki
Old 03-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Total Fan

When Olivia received the email, she knew it was a lie. But what could she say?

Her fingers were vibrating as she slowly typed a response.

Thank you, Caleb, with all my heart. You know how much music means to me.

And then:

I love you.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Supreme Fan

JESUS! Sorry to have left the story hanging as long as I did, crazy week for me, but midterms are over and Im back. Sry again.

----------

Still reeling with awe , Olivia watched attentively as the male soloist exited the stage. She had never heard a voice more beautiful, nor a person who exhibited so much confidence, but appeared to not know it at all. She was intrigued to say the least.

Small arms engulfed her. “I told you he was amazing, didn’t I ? ” Olivia flashed Augustine a small smile. John was more than amazing. “I can’t believe the two of you dated, I mean why aren‘t the two of you still together?”

Augustine waved off her concern. “That’s not important, but what is important ..”

Olivia watched as Augustine tilted her head, lips curled in a devilish grin. “You’re next!”

Olivia stared unblinking at her best friend. “What?”

“I signed you up, you’re next.”

"I can’t believe you Augustine! You know I hate surprises.” Olivia peered into the crowd of faces behind her, and thought her fear would paralyze her. “I’m not ready, I ..I can’t.”

Augustine didn’t attempt to conceal her disappointment.

“I’m surprised that you didn’t think this yourself Olivia. You’ve been here for almost two weeks now. You said you came here for opportunity, but that’s about all you’ve done. Sometimes you just have to create opportunity for yourself.”

As Olivia took in Augustine words she could feel her resistance fade. She had to admit, she was disappointed with herself as well.

Augustine placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry , you’ll be great. No room for nerves, okay?”

But what if they didn’t like her? What if she made a fool of herself? Olivia thought. She had everything to prove, for those who had taken the stage before her were models of self-confidence and success, at the moment Olivia had neither.

All eyes on her, Olivia approached the stage, guitar in hand, remembering the dream burning in her heart, she hoped that would be enough.

With the crowd and microphone before her Olivia closed her eyes and began to play. The notes streamed out of the instrument in a beautiful harmony that echoed throughout the room.

A few minutes ago, Olivia could have killed Augustine for ambushing her in such away, she was hardly prepared, but as she looked out into the crowd and took note of their awe she couldn’t be more thankful to have a best friend that challenged her and believed in her.

Jared Padalecki