Old 08-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Can anyone recommend anything?
Old 08-12-2004, 05:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Caroline, I loved 'Cowboy'

Here are some S/J... all very, very shippy

Stranger Things - Maybe the world would be better off with two Jack O'Neills

2001 - What would have happened if Sam had survived the Aschen attack and accompanied Jack's note back into the past…?

Thine Own Self - O'Neill's brother comes to town, and Carter finds herself caught in the middle when disaster strikes SG-1

Redemption - While exploring a planet, a member of SG-1 is captured and becomes a host.

The Child - Jack and Sam are asked to do something by NID.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Old 08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*

The Fourth Life Sign
Things I Should've Said
Wow. I love them both.

Quote:
I rolled my eyes. Hell, I didn't like drama, and I certainly didn't like being shown up as the guy who wasn't secure enough to show affection, especially towards someone like her.

"Carter! Hug me." I ordered.
It was just cute when he said that.

Quote:
"Number two… he'd eat all the donuts, you know how cops are. Three, he bleeds easily- who goes down after only one hit from a hand device? Four- this place would fall apart if you left, god knows what those scientists will blow up in the labs. Five- I love you. Six- what if the naquadah generator blows up and-"

"Whoa…!" Sam stopped him mid-sentence.

"What?"

"Did you honestly just say what I think you said?"

"Well yeah Sam. If the naquadah generator was about to blow up, then having you around would probably be a good idea."
You are such a good writer Sugi!
Old 08-12-2004, 11:37 PM
New Fan

A few recs:

The Stargate SG-1 Fan Awards is a good place to find links to high quality fic. They just announced this year’s winners.

The Barista Series by dietcokechic
SG-1’s adventures as told by the barista at the local coffee place. Complete through season three, season four was just started.

The Stargate Novel Archive
Not updated very often, but there are tons of long, finished stories. All above 150 KB; mostly Gen, but some light Het shipping does occur.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Aw, thanks Caroline Now why do I not see any SG fics from you?

Great links Sita, isn't the SG novel archive just the best? I love super long fics

Old 08-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Found a good Atlantis fic at FF.net. It´s slash and if you don´t mind that topic,it´s worth cheking it out. The pairing is McKay/Sheppard and it´s got a good McKay characterisation. Besides there aren´t that many McKay romance fics out there...yet. I really liked it. It´s told from Rodney´s pov. Here´s the link: Beautiful People
Old 08-17-2004, 04:32 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpio
Found a good Atlantis fic at FF.net. It´s slash and if you don´t mind that topic,it´s worth cheking it out. The pairing is McKay/Sheppard and it´s got a good McKay characterisation. Besides there aren´t that many McKay romance fics out there...yet. I really liked it. It´s told from Rodney´s pov. Here´s the link: Beautiful People
Read it, loved it, want more of it Wonder if there are going to be more chapters?

There's a lot of Sheppard/Weir at ff.net. I tried reading a few but it was kinda... creepy. I don't think it works for me

Old 08-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*
Aw, thanks Caroline Now why do I not see any SG fics from you?
I'm afraid that my grammar will mess things up. But I have a few stories in my head that I want to do.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorency
I'm afraid that my grammar will mess things up. But I have a few stories in my head that I want to do.
Aw... well have you thought of getting a beta reader? They're really helpful in nitpicking silly mistakes, I remember having one when I wrote Dark Angel fics- saved me a lot of editing

Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

How do you get one?

(Forever in a day)
Day's End Jack takes Daniel 'away from it all' and discovers there is no where far enough to go
Old 08-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

I'm trying to write a fiction with Jack & Sam. And I am so not doing well right now. You wrote so good Sugi. The actions you wrote, I can imagine that happen on the show. You've captured them both so good. My fiction is just getting sad and angsty. I'm gonna make another try.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
How do you get one?
We have a beta request thread that might help.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 08-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Thank you thank you so much!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Absolute Fan

I could help out if you wanted Caroline... and there's nothing wrong with sad/angsty, I love reading angst, but I'm just so bad at writing it, that's why all my fics turn out sarcastic

Old 08-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
My fiction is just getting sad and angsty. I'm gonna make another try.
Hey, I´m a sucker for angst. Don´t know why, but I suspect that´s my masochistic streak. So whenver you got something ready for us to read go ahead and post it. I´d like to read it.