Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Lord of the Rings FanFic : Characters And Actors

I just figured I'd post this. I've started a FanFic that stars Dominic Monaghan, or Merry in Lord of the Rings, and I wanted to post the first Chapter here. If you want to read more, I post it in my LiveJournal. The link is in my signature.

Comments are appreciated. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Come What May
Chapter 1 - It's a Little Bit Funny...This Feeling Inside

Sunlight cascaded down the wall and onto the sleeping face. Eyes fluttered open, only to close quickly once again at the magnitude of the sun's rays. Covers were ballooned over the sleeping one's face, trying to block out the sun that pierced the once darkened room. But it was no use. The sun was screaming out for the sleeping one to awake. It was something that could not be prevented by re-shut eyes or covers. It was like many others things: though one may wish them to disappear, the more wishing, the more it stays. Blue eyes greeted the world as he kicked off his covers and swung his legs over to the side of the bed. His hand met his eyes as he rubbed the dust out from the slumber the night before. A yawn escaped his lips as he stood, stretched, and shuffled his feet into the bathroom. As he viewed himself in the corroding mirror, he wondered how he had ended up where he was. He was once a movie star, basking in the flashbulbs of cameras and the adoration of fans. But now he was forgotten, lost. And ever so lonely. He sighed as he splashed a few handfuls of cold water onto his tired, forelorned face. Rivulets of water dripped into the sink as he stared at an unfamiliar face. He towel-dried himself and then went back into his bedroom. His eyes scanned the room. When did he grow so careless? He hadn't made his bed in over a month, hadn't cleaned or dusted in what seemed to be ages, and he had let all of his tropical fish die. The tank was now empty, though water and light still rippled and poured into it, though no life remained. Dominic sighed as he sat back on the edge of his bed where he had been only minutes before. His head fell into his hands as he covered his face. A single tear trickled down his cheek and splattered like glass on an old, Entertainment Weekly magazine that had been lying on the floor from last March. Tiny patters of tears could be heard throughout the silent room, and whimpers soon followed.

Disclaimer: I do not in any way, shape, or form know Dominic Monaghan. I am not him and all things expressed in my stories are merely from my own imagination. However much I may wish I knew him, sadly I do not. I simply write these for enjoyment and for the pleasure of others. Don't harrass me!

icon credit: spikesbint on LJ
Old 01-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Good idea to start this topic. I could do with a bit of Aragorn/Legolas lovin' myself. Anyone got any recs? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

A friend of mine is in collaboration with a few other fanfic authors, and they've produced Middle Earth University, an ongoing fic that sets the LOTR characters in college. It's quite well done, and other than the fic, there are also some related fun paraphernalia at the site. Definitely worth a look! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 01-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Silversun Hm. Leggy/Aragorn. I might have to start writing a bit of it. And then maybe some Dom/Billy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'll definitely give that site a look. It sounds like a great idea!

Edited to say: I read a few chapters. It's great! I especially loved the yearbook. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That had me laughing because each picture fit the caption so well. Hee!

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited Burnination101 ]

Old 01-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've been rewatching the movies the past few weeks, and I can never decide which characters I 'ship! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Nicky - I'll have to check out that site when I get time, sounds interesting.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Catalinay [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know! It's hard. I immediately fell in love with Aragorn & Arwen, though. Just that...euphoric way that they can hypnotize each other with a simple glance. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] It's just so very romantic. But I think Frodo/Sam and Billy/Dom are very, very cute. LOL.

Old 01-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Sorry for the double post. [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img]

But I just wanted to say I posted Chapter 4 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Morning of the Night part 1/? - Dom/Orli & Dom/Elijah

It's rated R for sexual content [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Raven
Old 02-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Raven! Whee! LOL.

Wrote the last chapter in my fan fic. Link

[ 02-07-2004: Message edited Burnination101 ]

Old 02-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Wanted to say:

I've started a new Fic, this time it's a Monaboyd one. It's called Too Lost In You. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Link's in above post, or in my sig. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Enjoy.

Old 03-13-2004, 02:25 PM
New Fan

HELP!

I not too long ago started a fan fic which is in need of a beta reader. I would like a beta reader who actually likes my story. If anybody is intrested please read my story.

Here is the link:http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1473167

It has a bit of gramatical errors which is why I need a beta. If you are interested please email me at
mailto:riot_girl884ever@yahoo.comriot_girl884ever@yahoo.com</A>

[img]smilies/bubble.gif[/img] Dark Shadow Gurl
Old 03-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome to the forum Dark Shadow Gurl. Perhaps you'd like to post your request on the Beta Reader thread as well? Good luck with finding a beta reader. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Welcome DSG! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's great to have you here.

I would read it, but am...actually unsure of what a Beta reader is. But once (and if) I figure it out, I'll be sure to give your story a read. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Burnination101:
<STRONG>I would read it, but am...actually unsure of what a Beta reader is. </STRONG>
It's like a proofreader, but not only do you look at the spelling/grammar, you also look at things like plot structure, characterisation etc and basically offer constructive criticism on how the fic could be made better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Ah! I do that all the times for my friends, subconsciously. LOL. I guess I could be a Beta reader. Are there certain...qualifications or something? Or could anyone be a Beta reader?

Old 03-14-2004, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

You definitely don't need certain qualifications to be a beta reader. But I guess it's sort of a given that you need to be pretty good at basic spelling and grammar - enough to pick out faults if they turn up, anyway. Experience with the fandom is helpful, too. If you're interested in beta-reading Burnination, you could also consider advertising yourself on the Beta reading thread. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]