Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Addicted Fan

General Question

If a fan fic site included a category for original fiction only (no fandoms), would you read it?
Old 10-21-2003, 05:32 PM
New Fan

yeah i would [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img] [img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, that's a total of two "yes" votes among all three of the message boards I posed the question on!
Old 11-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Extreme Fan

That depends. If it was plot or character driven then yeah, I'd love to read it. I have read some terrible stuff that put me off for a while but I'm always up for getting back on the horse. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That's my boy.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I would. I'd be pretty selective about what I read there though - without a defined fandom, it will sort of be like picking books up from the library or the shop, you definitely can't get all of them so you read on recommendations or if you like the look of the first few lines.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 12-01-2003, 12:28 AM
M3
Master Fan

Only if I knew and enjoyed the author's other, fan driven works. If they can't write in a fandom, I'm not going to waste time reading their drivel outside a fandom [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:20 AM
New Fan

yeah, sure!
Old 12-08-2003, 10:47 AM
Addicted Fan

OK, I've uploaded two original fictions to the site I'm working on. One isn't really a fiction, more a vingette. The other one is a real, solid short story.

I just tried to post a link to it, but FF won't let me. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 12-08-2003: Message edited Crossbow ]
Old 12-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Crossbow, are you trying to link to Media Blvd? FF won't let you do that. I know there was a bit of bad blood going on between the sites, but I don't know the precise details.

Remember to check out the Original Fiction thread. We'll be able to post our original fictions there if the vote on direct posting comes through. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 12-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes, I was trying to link to a Media Blvd site. I know it won't let me, but I'm still irritated, because the Fan Fic site started at Fan Forum.
Anyway, you can link to it through my home page if anyone is curious.

[ 12-15-2003: Message edited Crossbow ]