Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Fiction Challenge #1: This stories were made to be written

Hi everybody.

To heat things up I thought it would be a good idea to start with challenge thread. And we can have a competition every week. I start with a challenge and then next week someone else post a challenge.

And it would be really funny if everyone could write something. It doesn't have to be big just a little.

CHALLENGE 1:

A crossover:

J.D from Scrubs is always the happy goofy resident in the Sacred Hospital. He's always happy and there for his friends. But his friends only know about his life since six years old. What happened the first six years of his life?

A Scrubs/ Dark Angel crossover.

Old 09-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Too bad I've never seen either Scrubs or Dark Angel.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah. I have seen Dark Angel, but I have never seen Scrubs. I won't write a fic for characters I don't know.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Great banner. I might just have to try to write a short piece for this, despite not really being familiar with either fandom!
Old 09-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Typical me to make a challenge that no one knows about.

You want me to change it something else or shall we let it be for a week and do another challenge after that?
Old 09-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

I say leave it. It isn't a bad idea or anything. It is just something that I, personally, cannot do. I doubt every challenge will be like that.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I'd say leave it for now. It does sound like an interesting crossover! And hey, someone might still come along who feels comfortable writing in those two fandoms.

Just some suggestions I thought of - maybe we should take a poll of fandoms that people interested in doing the challenges write in? Or we could also do general challenges, like 100-word ficlets, etc. that people could choose any fandom for. Also, if there are FF boards for the fandoms included in any given challenge, we might want to publicize the challenge over there, see if we can draw any more people into our board.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

It sounds like a great idea... I don't know where to start though...I posted a few notices about this thread on the Scrubs board and Dark Angel board.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's probably a good start for now.

Another idea I had - we could have more than one challenge running at once, giving people more opportunities to participate.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

You can have a challenge where everyone is forced to write for a show they are familiar with but haven't written for. For example, Silversun can't write for Young Americans, Crossbow can't write Smallville, etc...
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Awesome! Sorry I joined the party late, guys, have been away for a couple of days. Lorency - great banner! I've seen both shows but I don't think I can write for either one... and not enough DA backstory knowledge, either.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 09-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

I'm more of a Scrubs girl than Dark Angel, but I did watch it when I was on, so I'll try and squeeze something out!!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Thanx Rach!

Are we gonna do more challenges then one a week? How many do you want it to be? And in which categories do you like and can think of to write in?
Old 09-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think two or three challenges a week would be good.

Personally, I would feel most comfortable writing in the following fandoms: Roswell, The Fast and the Furious, Joan of Arcadia. And I could probably come up with something in the Buffy, Dawson's Creek, Young Americans, CSI, and Gilmore Girls fandoms.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

The only fandoms I have really written for are Buffy and Angel. I could probably do some Charmed. I don't know about how well I can do in the following, but would be willing to try:

Roswell
CSI (original or Miami)
Dawson's Creek
Harry Potter
X-Men
Gilmore Girls
Smallville
Enterprise
Voyager
Lord of the Rings