Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2008, 07:26 PM
New Fan

Fan Fiction: My Life as an Anime

First off, I feel kinda strange posting parts of the story too quickly, so I'll try to wait for other people to view the story first.

I started this story on 4chan.org's /a/ image board, and it started a little something like this (its not exact since i didn't save it, but it's pretty close):

I wake up and stare at the ceiling for a few minutes. Just another day in the life of a normal high school student.

I get dressed; I go to class; I daydream about the girl who sits three seats in front of me, wishing I had the courage to ask her out; I go home; I eat; I go to sleep. That had become my usual cycle.

I hated it.

Little did I realize, that would be the last normal day I would have for a long time.

The next day, I awake and notice a change in the world around me. I can't seem to figure out what's different at first, but when I look in the mirror, it becomes plainly clear.

I was turning into an anime character!

At first, I thought, "I'm just seeing things... This can't really be happening..."

So I start going through my day as usual. I get dressed; I go to school...

Everyone seems to have changed the same way I had, but no one seemed to notice. I even asked a few people about it, and they looked at me like I was going insane. Nonetheless...

I daydreamed about the girl three seats in front of me, who was even cuter now that she had changed. Finally, when it was time to go home, another strange thing happened to me.

Everything, and everyone, stopped moving. Except for me, and the girl three seats in front of me. My heart started pounding...

"Hello, it's nice to finally meet you." She said, suddenly appearing in the seat in front of me.

I stood there, speachless, jaw wide open. I must have looked like such an idiot, because she started to laugh. I quickly recovered and asked, "Do you know what's going on right now?"

She says, "Of course I do! I'm the one who did this!"

"Huh?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't properly introduced myself yet, have I? I'm your fairy godmother, and you've been deemed the loneliest person in the world."

Oh, thanks. I feel so much better now.

"Since you have been deemed this, I have been given the opportunity to grant you one wish!" She said, very excitedly.

A wish? Ok, this has got to be some kind of joke. Nonetheless, I went along with it.

"Well, are there any rules to this wish, or can I wish for whatever I want?"

"Whatever you want." she said, with a huge smile across her face. Ah, now that I look back at it, I should have wished we could live together happily forever... But alas...

After some careful consideration, I responded:

"I wish my life could be like an anime.
I want to witness mech fights up close, but only on occasion because too many would mean all out warfare.
I want to have an attractive girlfriend with a temper, and a schoolmate who looks better than my girlfriend and flirts with me. Whenever my girlfriend sees this, she gets mad, but she never breaks up with me, because she knows I wasn't the one flirting.
Not only that, but either me, my girlfriend, or both of us have a secret that we only share with each other. For example, she may be a daylight vampire, or I may be a soulreaper, or something of the sort.
There is also some kind of enemy, an organization of some sort, which always comes after us. Never in school, because that would ruin the story. But whenever we let our guard down in public, they come after us, and I wind up in a huge brawl with the main enemy character. After a long fight, I always best him, even if it leaves me one strike from death. Once the battle is over, I pass out. A few minutes later, I awake in my girlfriend's arms. She's nearly in tears after seeing me fight, but she's glad that I awoke. Sometimes, I say something stupid and she hits me, then regrets it after realizing she could have just killed me, but didn't.
When we're not fighting off the enemy, however, we live normal lives. We hang out with our friends, we go to movies, we act as though we were normal high school students. However, our friends always get suspicious of us when we run off together without including them.
Eventually, someone gets close to learning my/my girlfriend's/our secret, but never seems to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.
Finally, the most important part. A carefree family who wouldn't notice that I'm always out doing strange things, even if I came home with half my body missing. It's crucial that no one in my family worries, or none of this could happen.
My life as an anime... That is what I wish for!"

She looked astonished. The look on her face tells me she knows I didn't come up with this right on the spot. "You've had a lot of time to think this through, haven't you?" She said chuckling.

"Very well. Your wish shall be granted. Tomorrow, you will awaken, and you will immediately notice a change in your life. No one else will notice this change, however, and if you mention it to them, they will think you are a psycho. Your entire life will be changed. People you didn't know before will act as though they knew you their entire lives. Meanwhile, you may find people you know in this world, but they won't know you in your new life. Be careful not to approach too many people until you've begun to learn who knows you and who doesn't, because not all the people you meet will want to befriend you."

"I wish you luck in your new life." She said, with tears forming in her eyes. Suddenly, she grabbed my arm and yanked me towards her. I felt lightheaded, only realizing afterwards that she had kissed me.

As she backed away, she tried to stop herself from crying, and vanished.

If my new life is as exciting as this, then I can't wait!

Last edited by Maatix5; 09-27-2008 at 07:38 PM
Old 09-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome

Your story sounds very interesting. Have fun around here!

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting your story welcome to the board!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:22 PM
New Fan

heh, thanks guys. i always love getting feedback on my posts, even if it's not always good feedback. ive got 6 chapters of the story done so far (the one i posted was the first), so I'll post the others in this thread occasionally.

Here's chapter 2, and I'll post chapter 3 right after.

Once that incident was over, I had to live out the rest of the day as usual. I went straight home, full of energy. I mean, even if it wasn't true, I was kissed by the girl of my dreams! That would make any guy energetic!

Once I got home, though, I began to realize something. My home, my family, everything I knew, may be completely different the next morning. I began to feel guilty, like it would be all my fault that we wouldn't see each other ever again. I fought back tears as we ate dinner together, for what may be the last time.

"What's wrong big brother?" my little sister asked, realizing how torn up inside I felt.

"Oh... It's nothing." I replied, putting on a fake smile.

I sat in my room for the rest of the night, staring at the ceiling. No matter how I tried, I just couldn't see this as a joke. I mean, maybe as a joke, they could fake like time stopped, but the girl disappeared right in front of my eyes! That's just not normal!

Anyway, eventually I fell asleep, and I had a dream. It had something to do with the girl three seats in front of me in school again. I can't seem to remember her name. She stood at the foot of my bed, quickly muttered something in another language, then walked away. That's all I remember about the dream.

Or maybe it wasn't a dream at all.

The next day, I awoke and as she had said, I immediately noticed a difference in my room. Specifically, that this wasn't my room at all. I was in someone else's house. I've never sleep walked, at least not that I know of, and I have definately never gone into some strangers house and slept there for the night.

I looked around the house, and in the kitchen sat a girl. Guess who? The same girl, the one who used to sit three seats in front of me in school.

"Well, you're finally awake. It's nice to meet you... Master..."

Woah, wait just a minute! Did she just call me "Master???" This is either my wish come true, or a really cruel and unusual joke!

Before I had the chance to really think about it, the phone rang.

I answered, "Hello?"

"YOU'RE LATE! HURRY AND GET YOUR *** DOWN TO THE MALL!"

Geez, today was turning into a wreck, and I still didn't even know what was going on!

"You'd best get down there. She sounds mad." said the girl, with the same smile she wore the day before. "I'll explain everything once you get back."

I rushed to get ready, ignoring the constant phone calls from the mystery woman who was pissed at me for whatever reason. I feel it necessary to mention, whoever lived in this house had an awesome sense of style. As I got ready, I began to realize... I don't know where the mall is!

"Just take a left outside the house and go up the hill." said the girl. Sounds simple enough.

It wasn't. The hill was long and steep, and it took me nearly 10 minutes to get up. Once I reached the top, I began to rush towards the mall. In my haste, I accidently bumped into another person.

I got a better look at the person once I got back to my feet, and realized it was a very shy girl. She had long brown hair, big blue eyes, and blushed furiously when she saw me. *Sigh...* There was no way this was the person looking for me. Such a shame.

Realizing that us bumping into each other was completely my fault, I stumbled to my feet and quickly apoligized to the girl.

"Oh... It... It's ok Shigeru... It was partially my fault anyway..."

Hang on, she knows my name???

"Um... I'm sorry, I've been having some memory trouble lately. Could you please remind me what your name is?"

"Huh? You... You don't remember me?" she said, tears beginning to form in her eyes. Uh-oh, seems like I hit a soft spot by accident.

I did, because she ran off crying soon after.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
New Fan

Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse...

"What did you do to Hikari???" A familiar voice screamed. It was the voice of the girl on the phone, and as I expected, she wasn't happy.

Now, I had two choices. The first, tell the truth to this girl just like I did with the girl before, who ran off crying. The second, was to attempt to run away. I picked the latter.

BZZZT. Wrong choice. The hill had tired me out too much, and she easily caught me, tackling me to the ground. I braced for impact, expecting her to break me in two.

Instead, she held me by the hair, looked at me, and very calmly asked, "What did you do to Hikari? Why did she run off crying?"

Having no other option, I told her, "Well, I accidently fell and hit my head this morning. When I woke up, I could barely remember anything. So when I asked her for her name, since I couldn't remember what it was, she got upset and ran away. By the way, so I know for later, what is yo-"

I was interrupted by a fist, nearly cracking my jaw in half. Sure, hit me when I'm not ready.

"You expect me to believe a story like that? Come on! And I bet you were about to ask me what my name was too, right? At least come up with a believable story if you're going to lie!" she screamed.

It took me a minute to recover from her punch, but I got up and replied, "You don't believe me? After all I've been though today, I should just go back home and never leave! Jesus Christ, I don't have to deal with this!"

Something happened while I went through with that rant. She seemed to have been convinced by my performance, because she seemed to look guilty for hitting me. However, she also collapsed to her knees, nearly crying. Apparently, I'm really good at making girls upset here.

Feeling a little guilty myself, I said, "Listen, I'm sorry, but I really can't remember much. Could you please remind me what your name was?"

She replied, in a very soft voice, "My name is Yuko... You and I were going on our first date together today... Please... Tell me you didn't forget that at least?"

SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND??? The psycho who almost split my jaw in two??? Well, thinking about how my wish had gone, I guess it wasn't too hard to believe. Knowing what would happen if I told her I didn't know, I lied.

"Of course I didn't forget. I've just had a bit of trouble with names. We were going to the mall together to get you some new jewelery, right?"

Apparently, my lie worked completely. Her face lit up like the fourth of July, and she said, "Oh thank goodness! It would have been so awkward to go on our first date if you didn't remember!" You're telling me... "Anyway, lets go get me that new necklace!"

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy living in this world.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:21 PM
New Fan

Here's chapter 4:

I managed to get through the rest of the day, nearly unharmed. Of course, everytime I disagreed with Yuko, I was attacked. Luckily, though, there were no broken bones, no cuts, bumps, bruises, etc. I got back to my house without a single mark.

I walked in the door and, waiting for me at the kitchen table, was the girl from the other day.

"You're home!" she said excitedly. "I was expecting you to get home earlier. At least call when you're going to be out so late!"

That would work... If I knew my phone number, where I was, what her name was, and where my phone was...

"Anyway, didn't you have something you needed to explain to me?" I asked.

"Oh, right! I nearly forgot!" she said. "Well, as you may have already realized, this is a completely different place than where you were yesterday. Nothing is as it was. Your family exists, but is not in the area. You exist, but the people who once knew you may or may not. This isn't to say you're in a different world. Rather, you're in a different reality."

That.... actually didn't sound too far-fetched. I mean, everyone knows me, but I don't know them. Somehow, another me was here at one point, and created this life for me.

"Another thing," she continued, "is that the people you meet here that you once knew will be completely different than the people from your reality. For example, if i'm not mistaken, the other me is shy while I... Well... I'm not."

"Before you go on, I need to ask you a question." I said. "What happened to the other me? Did he also get a wish granted like I did?"

"That's right! He wished to go to a reality similar to yours, while you wished to go to a reality similar to his. You two have basically switched lives."

Well now, that's pretty strange. Who would want to go to a reality like my old one? Then again, I guess he might be thinking the exact same thing.

"What happens if he doesn't like my reality?" I asked.

"Then he will return here. However, as long as you remain here, he will remain there. There is no choice involved." she said.

Well, I feel kind of bad for him now. I will never want to return to my reality. If he ever wanted to return here, it's tough luck for him!

"Ok, so would you mind telling me your name?" I asked.

"Oh, right! Silly me, I keep forgetting to tell you my name! My name is Izumi. It's nice to meet you, Master!"

Again with her calling me Master... "Ok, another thing... Why do you keep calling me Master?"

"Hmph. You really don't know anything do you?" she said. "I call you Master because I am your servant! I do what you ask, such as cook and clean. No one other than you can see me, even if they walked straight into the house. Well, only you and one other person..."

"And who is that other person?"

"She's your classmate, Yuko."

Of course... The psycho is the only other person who can see this girl living in my house... If she were to drop in for a surprise visit right now...

"Hey Shigeru! You forgot... your... jacket..." said Yuko, barging in the front door. Oh crap... I'm in trouble now, aren't I?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 PM
New Fan

Chapter 5:

"Oh... Hi Yuko... Umm... Th.. This isn't what it looks like..." I said. I sounded like such a liar. "Help me out here Izumi!" I whispered.

"Oh, so you're the infamous Yuko!" Izumi said as she went to shake Yuko's hand. I saw Yuko begin to back away, since the situation was so awkward. "Shigeru has told me so much about you! This situation seems very awkward, but don't worry. I'm Shigeru's maid. There's nothing going on between us. It's so nice to finally meet you!" Geez, straight to the point, eh?

"Ummm... Ok, I guess I believe you..." she said, still feeling very awkward. "Anyway, I just came here to return his jacket. I won't bother you two any longer. See you in school tomorrow Shigeru!" She rushed out the door before I could say anything. Argh, I must look like such a jerk right now!

"Alright, so I look like the biggest jerk in this reality now, and I've only been here one day. Could you please continue explaining how this reality differs from my reality?" I asked, wanting to get away from the subject as quickly as possible.

"Well, first of all, you and Yuko both have a special power. As of right now, neither of you can use that power to it's full extent. However, as time goes on, you will begin to rely on that power. You two will know when the power has been activated, but neither of you will know when each other's power is activated. Right now, if you tell her, she will consider you crazy. You must find a way to tell her indirectly or she will not believe you." she said.

So find a way to tell her, indirectly, that we have powers which no one can explain. Anyone else thinking "Mission Impossible?"

"For now," she continued, "you must learn to defend yourself. There are people who will come after Yuko and yourself. You have to learn to fight them off, or both of you will be killed."

And in comes the main evil-doer! My entire wish, the whole thing, is completely coming true! Show me a mech fight and everything will be perfect!

"How will I defend myself against these, well, 'things?'" Who knows? They may not even be human.

"Well, there are times you will need to defend yourself with weapons." she said, searching through the cabinets filled with weapons. Suddenly, she tossed two swords at me. "Catch!" she yelled.

I nearly sliced off my arms and legs, but I managed to catch them in both hands. "Yeah, I can definately carry these around in school and such, right?" I said sarcasticly.

"Well, this is where the small bit of power you have obtained comes in handy." she replied. "Focus your energy to your hands, then let it flow into the swords."

I tried, and suddenly, I realized the swords were gone! I wasn't holding them anymore!

"Ok, now do the same thing, but let the energy that flows out of you take the shape of the swords." she said.

Again, I did. Suddenly, there they were again! I could materialize and de-materialize anything I touched! "Ok, so clearly I have some sort of special power. Is this all I can do?" I asked.

"Of course not!" she replied. "This is only stage one of your powers. As your powers progress, you will realize yourself that you can do much, much more. Anyway, now that you know how to hide your weapons until you need them, let's begin your training!"

The world around me began to disintegrate, and I suddenly awoke in a desert. Having no idea what was going to happen, I held my weapons close and awaited whatever was going to come at me.

Suddenly, an earthquake struck! No... This was different... Coming from beneath me! I quickly got away, but I was thrown back by the sand as the beast crawled up from underneath the ground. I stood up, and saw my opponent was a large scorpion! It was huge, at least 5 times my size! And on it's forehead stood Izumi, still having the cute smile she always wore.

"Let's see if you can defeat this little guy!" she yelled. "You have half an hour, or else I will be eaten alive!"

Well now, asking of the impossible is commonplace here I guess.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 PM
New Fan

I feel like I'm throwing walls of text at you guys, and I'm sorry if it's harder to read this way.

Chapter 6:

And so it began. I had half an hour to defeat a scorpion 5 times my size, using only two swords which I could materialize and de-materialize at will. If anyone... ANYONE... could come and help me, I would suggest you get down here before I get crushed!

For the first ten minutes, all I could do was leave little cuts on the huge thing and dodge. Trust me, dodging an attack that big is no easy task. Plus, I was trying to find a weak spot the whole time. Not only that, but I barely have any skill with swords. Hell, this is my first time ever holding a sword! How am I supposed to do this???

I began getting slightly tired, and the scorpion's swings began connecting. I think my arm should have broken, as well as about five of my ribs, but somehow, they didn't. After fifteen minutes, Izumi yelled, "Maybe it wasn't a good idea to put a half hour time limit on this fight. I'm getting a little worried!" Way to keep my confidence up. However, as she yelled that, I made a large gash it the beast's stomach. Bingo! I have to attack the stomach!

Meanwhile, I began testing the extent of my materialization powers. It seems I can materialize any item anywhere I want. Not only that, but I can use the same energy I use to materialize and de-materialize items to imbue those items with more power. I may be able to do this after all!

I dematerialized both weapons and waited for an opening. I saw it approach, preparing to pounce at me, and that was my chance. I rematerialized the swords right in front of the scorpion, imbued them with energy, and threw them forward into the beast's stomach.

Twenty minutes had passed. I had slain my first beast.

Izumi appeared behind me and said, "Alright! I always knew you could do it!" Hmph, then what was that last statement all about? That's the last thing I remember thinking before I passed out.

I awoke a few hours later. The sun had gone down, and Izumi appeared to have gone to sleep. Not wanting to wake her, I slowly got out of bed and tried to comprehend what had happened. In one day, my life had gone from that of a boring, ordinary high school student, to that of an exciting anime, me being the main character who always gets into trouble. Not only that, but I had a cute girlfriend, plus a cute roommate.

I noticed a note on the counter. "Meet me in the park at 12:30 AM. Don't be late! ~Yuko"

Apparently, she had come by while I was sleeping and placed the note on the counter. I looked at the clock, and it was only 11:30. I decided that I should go take a look around town for the next hour to try and find the park. I should know where I'm going if I have to live here.

Turns out I live pretty close to all the hangout spots. The pizza parlor is to the south, the park is to the north, the mall is to the west, and the arcade is to the east. The school is a bit further west past the mall, but I chose not to go all the way down there. Yuko told me those are the places we normally hang out.

By the time I got back to the park, it was 12:37, and there she was, sitting on the bench. I hope I didn't make her wait too long.

"Oh good! You're here!" she said excitedly. "I was starting to think you didn't get my note. Izumi told me you had passed out after work when you got home, so I left a note."

Good old Izumi... She has an excuse for everything I guess...

"So anyway, what did you want to see me about?" I asked.

"Well... I was wondering about that Izumi girl... Is she really just a maid?" she asked.

"I guess you could say a personal trainer as well, but yeah, she just cooks, cleans, and gives me some advice about working out. That's all. Why, were you worried I was cheating on you?" I asked.

Blushing furiously, she replied, "N..No, I... It just seemed wierd how she was in your house directly after our date, that's all..." It seemed like I hadn't convinced her.

I took her hand, looked her in the eye, and said, "Don't worry. There's nothing going on between us. I would never cheat on anyone, especially not you."

Now, she was completely red. "O... Ok... I trust you." she said, seemingly convinced. "W... Would you... mind spending the night at my house?" she asked, even more red than before.

Seeing as how I couldn't invite her over my house with Izumi sleeping there, I said, "Alright, I'll be over in a little bit. Just lemme go get some stuff for tommorrow morning since we have school."

"Ok!" she said, with the largest grin I had ever seen her have. "See you in a few minutes!" She rushed off to her house.

She is really cute when she's happy.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

It's ok We don't usually double (etc) post, but the story is easier to read when it's all together

I read the first couple chapters (I'll read on when I get a chance ) and I'm liking this concept. Great, original idea!

Once I got home, though, I began to realize something. My home, my family, everything I knew, may be completely different the next morning.

^ very interesting idea here. Like, will he have remorse about what he has chosen. What impact will this choice have on his life, and the people he loves.

I really like how you refer to the girl as the girl who sat 3 seats in front of him. I like that bit of repetitiveness, actually. Stylistically.

Last edited by follow the sun; 10-02-2008 at 09:14 PM
Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by follow the sun (View Post)
It's ok We don't usually double (etc) post, but the story is easier to read when it's all together

I read the first couple chapters (I'll read on when I get a chance ) and I'm liking this concept. Great, original idea!

Once I got home, though, I began to realize something. My home, my family, everything I knew, may be completely different the next morning.

^ very interesting idea here. Like, will he have remorse about what he has chosen. What impact will this choice have on his life, and the people he loves.

I really like how you refer to the girl as the girl who sat 3 seats in front of him. I like that bit of repetitiveness, actually. Stylistically.
Thanks. I always hate double posting, but I love getting my story out there so other people could read it.

To be honest, I kept the girl as 'the girl who sat three seats in front of him,' and his name anonymous to keep the reader wondering, "Who are these people?" Sometimes the readers judge people based on their names (I dont, but some of my friends do), and I don't make my characters based on what their names mean. So I did give them names eventually, but the anonymous characters gave the story a better feel to it through the first couple chapters.

I do plan to bring that part of the story up again eventually (the quoted part), but I haven't decided how I should. I'll get an idea sooner or later, but for now it was just another way to better get to know the character.

But anyway, I'm glad you like my story! If you have any ideas that could make the story better, I'm willing to listen to them. I like taking a few ideas and mixing them together to make an even better idea (which is actually how I came up with the idea for this story ).
Old 10-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

oh, I see, about the names Well, I liked it