Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-28-2005, 02:44 PM
New Fan

ER FIC -- A new doctor joins the ER *CARTER FIC!*

(xposted on other ER/fanfic boards)

Chapter one

“Come in County General, this is Rescue 3 at the scene of a trauma, Mercedes against Civic. We got 2 MVA victim, 1major heading your way ETA 10 minutes”
Carter spins in his chair and grabs the speaker
“Positive Rescue 3, well be ready for you”
Carter looks around the ER, the sight isn’t overly encouraging. Weaver is yelling, med students are looking lost and patients are complaining more than ever.
“Sigh, why do I even bother!”

Carter along with Abby and two other ER nurses stand outside waiting for the incoming
Ambulances. Abby stares at Carter and quickly looks away as carter turns around and looks back.
“What?” Carter wonders why Abby is like this, she has been staring at him this way all day.
“Nothing” There’s a silent pause “Well not nothing, its just that you…”
Abby is interrupted as the ambulances rush in the entrance
“Abby you and Pratt take the first one – im taking care of the second”
Carter looks as Abby takes away the first victim, it seems he is in pretty bad shape. The EMS hands over the second victim to Carter, the victim seems unconscious, she is immobilized completely with neck brace and everything.
“What do we have?”
“Woman mid 30’s, possible rib fractures, good clean breathing pulse at 110 found unconscious in her car”
“Alright we got it from here”
Carter pulls the victim into Trauma 2, Sam is there to assist him.
As Carter begins to examine the victim she wakes up
“Hi, im Dr. Carter your in the ER you were brought here after a car crash, you will be fine were just making sure you are not bleeding or have any traumas to your back.”
The victim pauses a second, she sighs loudly and says quietly
“Yeh, I know the routine – Im a fourth-year emergency medicine resident in Montreal.”
“Alright then I guess ill skip over the explanations!”
Carter and the woman exchange a small giggle
“Were sending you off to the scan, to check up on those ribs of yours”
As Carter begins to push the woman out Abby rushes into the room screaming
“CARTER WE NEED YOU NOW!”
Sam signals to Carter to join Abby and continues pushing the woman to the elevator.
Carter walks to Abby while whispering to himself ‘I feel it, this day day is going to be hell’

He had no clue how right he was.

(TBC -- Comments Welcomed)
Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 PM
New Fan

Chapter 2

Carter rushes into Trauma 1 where Dubenko Abby and Pratt are working. The patient chest is now open and the medical team is trying everything possible.
Chuny warns the doctors that the heart has stopped beating
“I need internal shock panels STAT!”
Carter tries to resituate the patient, but it seems hopeless. In vain he pronounces the time of death.
“Time of death eleven forty-five”
“We can’t save them all; did he have any family we could call?”
Frank walks into the trauma room “Carter, the police is here for the car accident victims”
Carter signs to Abby to follow him, they walk to the police officer who is standing near the admission in his uniform. He informs himself on both victims, he does not seem overly taken by the death of the man.
“George Kinestley, we’ve been after him a while, he his accused of several hit and runs, and the cars were always stolen. He always slipped out of our hands. He always stole SUV’s, never got injured and ran away from scenes, I guess taking a regular car was his mistake this time.”
Carter allows the officer into the trauma room where he can gather evidence to properly identify this criminal.

Abby and Carter are in the lounge, Carter is making coffee while Abby is lying on the couch to catch a few moments of rest on her endless twelve hour shift. Carter leans on the counter and becomes entranced into her, he stares at her contemplating how peaceful she looks. She opens her eyes, she sees him starring, she smiles;
“Now your staring, what are you thinking about?”
He snaps out of his bubble quite fast and begins blushing.
“Errr… yeh, making coffee. You know me without my coffee fix – I’m useless” He sees Abby is amused at him skipping around, he tries to put the spotlight back to her.
“So what did you want to say to me this morning?”
It’s Abby’s turn to blush *Damn! I didn’t think he’d remember!*
“err, I meant to say you…”
Sam walks in, Abby quickly gets up, Carter rubs the back of his head and pour himself coffee, Sam nods confusingly.
“Carter, the X-ray for the car crash victim are back” He nods and follows her out.

The women sits in her bed when she sees Carter come in, her face slightly crimples in pain. She is not very tall, probably about five feet four inches, medium brown hair, she seems like a very average weight, her eyes are her best feature their a very dark green with subtle shots of brown.
“Dr Carter, We have not been formerly introduced.”
Carter smiles and puts the X-rays on the light pad
“Dr. John Carter Chief Resident of the ER here at the county general”
“Dr Audrey Parker, Resident of the Centre urbain hospitalier de Montreal”
“Whoa – That’s more French than I can understand” He laughs.
“So, I hope you have good news for me Dr Carter”
“I do, you only have one cracked rib, the rest is just bruises, ill prescribe something for the pain. So you’re a resident too? I guess you have your share of stories eh?”
Audrey nods, and Carter and her start sharing stories about the ER, the med students, their beginnings all sort of stuff. Carter needed this escape of the routine, he and her had many of the same experiences, like in her beginnings she was shot by an psychotic patient, and had to relearn how to walk. Their conversation was going well until it was violently interrupted by a very vicious stroke of lightning. Neither of them had hard one quite that vicious, it shooked the ground and was followed by a gigantic ‘boom’ sound. A few milliseconds after the last ‘boom’ the lights at County simultaneously turned off.
Audrey says quietly to Carter
“Oh this can NOT be good.”
He nodded.

(TBC --- Comments Welcomed)
Old 04-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Welcome bunjies. We already have an ER fic thread open, so I'm gonna close this one. Feel free to repost your fic over there, though.

fics | vids | stupid little life