Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Jonas must be something pretty special!

Does he know how you feel?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Total Fan

I think so. But I'm not sure. I think he's in the exact position I am, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

The problem is that we're both the same. We're both rather shy and timid and we don't divulge much or outwardly show emotions.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

aww

Hmm maybe you could drop some hints? Someone has to start, right
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Total Fan

We both do drop hints We're both just too shy. I haven't written about him on here in a while but I didn't want to completely bore you guys. It just sounded too typical.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Total Fan

Sometimes I wonder if this online stuff is taking over my life...as if maybe I'm here too much or too often..as if I'm hiding from the world...as if I'm frightened of being out there...

I don't know...here is safe...most of the time...here I am not judged on my looks...here I can say anything without fear...here we are all the same...here you can be anything...here...here is where I'm okay
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

and that's fine, Lo Being out in the world is important, too, but it's nice to have a place to just let go and be who you are and like what you like and feel how you feel
Old 04-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairsprayX12 (View Post)
Sometimes I wonder if this online stuff is taking over my life...as if maybe I'm here too much or too often..as if I'm hiding from the world...as if I'm frightened of being out there...

I don't know...here is safe...most of the time...here I am not judged on my looks...here I can say anything without fear...here we are all the same...here you can be anything...here...here is where I'm okay
Exactly. Everything you said is what I think, everyday.

I know exactly what you mean. That's why I've been trying to limit my computer hours. It's scarying me how my life is just slipping away from me, all because of this silver rectangle in my room. It's just a piece of nothing, in reality. It's just plastic. It frightens me that plastic is overtaking my life. So I'm not going to let it.

Last summer, I was on the computer so much. So, so much, and it scared me. My mother even took it away. Before I had even known it, the summer was over, my hours sucked in by the computer. I can't let that happen this year.

I'm determined to make this summer the best I can. And I'll be doing that by not going on the computer as much. For the past two years, I've found a sort of solace in it. In writing, in talking online with other people...but that has got to stop. It just has to. I refuse to let my life go to waste.

So, I've been trying to get out more...do more things with my friends...and it's working. It's actually working. I've conducted experiments like this before, but they've quickly failed.

I think now the difference is is that I truly see it now. I know my priorities. Next school year is a very important year for me. If the computer gets in the way of that, I will never be able to forgive myself.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn1234567 (View Post)
Exactly. Everything you said is what I think, everyday.

I know exactly what you mean. That's why I've been trying to limit my computer hours. It's scarying me how my life is just slipping away from me, all because of this silver rectangle in my room. It's just a piece of nothing, in reality. It's just plastic. It frightens me that plastic is overtaking my life. So I'm not going to let it.

Last summer, I was on the computer so much. So, so much, and it scared me. My mother even took it away. Before I had even known it, the summer was over, my hours sucked in by the computer. I can't let that happen this year.

I'm determined to make this summer the best I can. And I'll be doing that by not going on the computer as much. For the past two years, I've found a sort of solace in it. In writing, in talking online with other people...but that has got to stop. It just has to. I refuse to let my life go to waste.

So, I've been trying to get out more...do more things with my friends...and it's working. It's actually working. I've conducted experiments like this before, but they've quickly failed.

I think now the difference is is that I truly see it now. I know my priorities. Next school year is a very important year for me. If the computer gets in the way of that, I will never be able to forgive myself.

It's hard some times...it's so easy to forget once I'm in front of it...but I know if I hide I'll never change...but change is scary...change means growing up...change means taking risks....change means leaving some thing or some one behind...or more then likely...being left behind...

Thanks Obi
Old 04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Im right there with you guys, I need to stay off the computer more as well, and I do find a type of solace behind it, in the anoynmity of it. Im myself here, and Im not myself. If that makes any sense.

Jared Padalecki
Old 04-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmenJessicaLP (View Post)
Im right there with you guys, I need to stay off the computer more as well, and I do find a type of solace behind it, in the anoynmity of it. Im myself here, and Im not myself. If that makes any sense.
I get it.

It's so easy to be...just about anything or anyone you want to be...maybe even be cool...lol...

Actually it gives you a feeling that whatever else is out of whack in your life, in here, you have all the control, in here you can just let it go but it's definitely waiting for you once you "exit" the safety dome that is this online world

I'm not a spaz or nothing...some times I talk too much
Old 04-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

of course you're a spaz nahhh I know what you mean exactly

I've wavered in computer time recently, too, trying to do other stuff. I think it's important to keep that balance.

Of course, I have a new obsession now so I need my daily fixes and chit chat, but remembering it's all in fun and not let it take over other things is key
Old 04-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

I know, I feel the same way. Sometimes it feels like I am online way too much, so I've decided to cut down my computer time and spend more time with my friends But I've also noticed that sometimes I just surf around because I'm bored and so I just need to spend my time more effectively or something

Jordyn so, what's the news with Jonas?

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Total Fan

Exactly! Usally I'm just dead bored. Yesterday I went to the park and sat on the swings for like two hours because I was so bored, and I knew these other kids in my grade who were there were thinking, "Oh my God, what a loser. She comes all my herself." But I don't really care. I've learned how to block those people away.

Last edited by autumnfoliage24; 09-20-2009 at 05:54 PM
Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn1234567 (View Post)
Exactly! Usally I'm just dead bored. Yesterday I went to the park and sat on the swings for like two hours because I was so bored, and I knew these other kids in my grade who were there were thinking, "Oh my God, what a loser. She comes all my herself." But I don't really care. I've learned how to block those people away.

The story with Jonas is very long, and I haven't told it yet. But basically, we're both so terribly shy that we'll never ever get ing anywhere.
Yes you should be aware of the spaziness Obi Wan...you actively encourage it

I am trying to cut down too but some days...

I love the swings...great place to think...

Shyness can be such a pain and relationships are so complicated...even at my age it gets even more confusing...I don't know why there isn't a manual...
Old 04-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

a manual would be very helpful

and hehe I do encourage the spaziness, don't I