Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

Dear Diary.... #1

I have a friend who once told me that if you can't seem to write anything down you should start by summarizing what happened during your day.

So, this is for all the people with (or without) a writer's block, people who want to start writing (again) or simply want to rant.
Write about your day / week / month, things that bother you or things you were happy about.

For Writers

If you don't feel comfortable sharing details, I'd like to add that you can also make stories up. Not everything has to be the truth, you can change anything and everything about your story (names, places, colors, likes, dislikes, details....). You can rant or write poems, little snippets from school, jokes, whichever comes to your mind

For Readers

Not everything people say in this thread is the truth. Everything can be changed; a story can be complete fiction or it can be completely true.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 07-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

cool idea for a thread!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

such a cool idea for a thread
[icn]|| Dave
Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

you can start divulging you innermost thoughts to us now, Dave
Old 07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh this sounds fun. Great idea.

I haven't done nothing today so no go there, and my imagination is on strike also so I can't even make anything up. I'll have to come back later.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

I just have one of those snippets today... I write such stuff all the time... momentary drabbles, I call them

“I don’t think the problem is whether or not Achilles will ever reach the goal before the turtle. We all know that he will. The problem is simply that, if mathematically reasoned you can still prove that he can’t.”
Talk about confusion. I watched the blond hair of my friend Susha shake wildly as she tried to express her views. I’ve known her almost all my life but I would never get used to this. This was Science class after all. I, for one, didn’t care whether Achilles ever outran the turtle or not. I didn’t care whether the universe was endless or not and most of all I didn’t care much about quantum physics. Not that I really understood any of it in the first place. Our teacher, Mr. Mognor, nodded thoughtfully.
“Yes, Susha, I believe you are the only one who actually understood what I was trying to teach.”
Susha grinned. Just at that moment the bell rang and signaled for class to be over. Thank God. I gathered my things quickly and went to remove myself from the classroom before Mr. Mognor remembered my grades.
“Anna?” Oh no. Of course. He didn’t forget.
“Yes, Mr. Mognor?” I turned around and plastered a fake, innocent smile on my face. He motioned for me to join him at his desk. His desk was cluttered as usual and I found comfort in the fact that it took him about 5 minutes to find my file. When he finally pulled it out from under a stack of books - naturally, all controversial scientifically relevant ones – my eyes widened at the red marks all over the paper.
“It seems to me, Anna, that you haven’t been a very attentive student lately.” Even as he accused me, I felt his green eyes smiling upon me. He was always smiling. Sometimes I caught myself checking his eyes after he was particularly angry with someone, only to realize that they still carried the same, admirably kindhearted glint.
“Uhm, does it?” I tried to fake ignorance, yet failed miserably. He held up the chart for me to see: three out of four papers I had failed, the other I passed only due to some pity-points, I supposed. There was no way of explaining those grades away, really.
“It does kind of seem like it.” Note to self: don’t joke about something when you’re inwardly freaking out.
“Anna…” he sighed. “Last year was very different. I remember you being an A student. What happened?” With those eyes and the white beard he looked very much like a grandfather chastising a child for stealing cookies.
“I’m not sure.” I confessed. “This year’s curriculum just isn’t for me, I guess.”
“I’m afraid I will have to fail you if this continues.”
Can someone be surprised by something that obvious? Apparently. If I failed this class my parents would freak, especially my mother who was working on cancer research up north in Washington. She believed with her being a biological genius, I would have to be one, too. So failing Science was not really an option.
“Well, uhm, what do you think I can do about this?” I asked, blinking my eyes frantically. Where did those tears come from?
“I have a special science project which you will have to work on with me. If you do so until the end of the year, I’ll let you pass.”
I could already hear my mother’s voice, distorted a bit, because she wouldn’t be able to fly down just to read her daughter the riot acts and so a phone conversation would have to do. “How could you not pass Science? I have done everything in my power to… blah blah blah… scientific genius… blah blah… read you biology books when you were four… blah blah… when I was your age…” No, not a conversation I wanted to have. Ever. So…
“When can I start?”

enough already.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

That was fun to read. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you I find myself writing little snippets like those a lot lately, becasue they're easier than following through with a full story If I edited all my stories as much as I did with this snippet, I would never get done

enough already.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

that was really good to read hehe
Old 07-27-2008, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
YOU
Brie Larson

Awesome Lynn
Brie ❤
Old 07-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Great job, Lynn!

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and we have an annual international fireworks competition called the Symphony of Fire. 3 countries compete over 4 nights, matching extraordinary fireworks to music on the beach. Here is a little Diary entry from me

I stood perched on a narrow balcony overlooking the ocean and the 350 thousand people hiding the sand from my view. My camera in hand, ready to capture those explosions of light that lit up the sky, I leaned perilously close to the railing. Nervous eyes watched from behind the glass, too fearful to step out into the cold. I wasn't afraid of the height, or the delicate railing, or the age of the building as I leaned out to get that better shot. The exhilaration of fifteen minutes of light and blasts and belting songs I wanted to sing along with, were too great a draw. I cheered and clapped and ran the rhythm of the music in my mind. As each song drew to an end, the dark sky filled with intensity and a need to outdo the previous moment. A warm arm wrapped itself around mine; she was being brave, but not too brave to stand alone, the fear of the inside-watcher heavy on her mind. I clicked and laughed and cheered with the other five, only four pictures of twenty worth saving, but the chance taken for that perfect shot was worth it.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, that was great!

enough already.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
YOU
Brie Larson

That was awesome
Brie ❤
Old 07-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

thanks!

Here's another one: Not from today, but real-ish lol

Skip. Bounce. Twirl. Fly and crouch and clap and stamp feet. I do, you do. Along the playground edge and over the bench and under the monkey bars we flew. Laughing and watching and singing that song with all the wrong words. Stop, with a raised hand and 24 bodies smashing into one another in a row. The sun bright but the air cool, we ran and chased and tagged along the grass, crinkling leaves of orange and red beneath our feet. Between black words on white pages, and numbers crowding their minds, we stretched and moved and cleared thoughts in the midst of the morning's must-do's.