Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Supreme Fan

I've never written any crossover fanfics before, but I'd really like to write one and I'm starting to formulate ideas for a Tru Calling/American Gothic crossover.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with American Gothic, so I can't be of much help for plot bunnies. Could you describe AG for me?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
American Gothic is a horror/drama/thriller series set in the heart of South Carolina in a small town called Trinity. In this town not everyone is as they seem and everyone seems to follow their leader, Sheriff Lucas Buck. Lucas's son, Caleb Temple, was brought up by another family and was lead to believe that a man called Gage was his father. The local doctor, Matt Crower, gets curious when suddenly the Sheriff wants everything to do with Caleb. Then Caleb's cousin, Gail Emory, comes to town to protect Caleb in every way she can, but that is extremely difficult when she fall in love with Lucas. Then Caleb's school teacher, Miss Selena Coombs, becomes jealous. But also on Caleb's side is his dead sister, Merlyn. She is an angel prepared to do ANYTHING to keep Lucas away...

^^That's a sig someone made for me that I use on other forums.

From left to right actors...

Eliza Dushku ~ Tru Davies (Tru Calling)
Jason Priestley ~ Jack Harper (Tru Calling)
Gary Cole ~ Lucas Buck (American Gothic)
Paige Turco ~ Gail Emory (American Gothic)

Just like Tru & Jack are opposites so are Lucas & Gail - with some exceptions. Lucas is portrayed as the devil. He's very intimidating and with the way he runs Trinity everyone is afraid of him. So intimidation plays a huge role in this show. But that's the big difference between Jack and Lucas cuz Jack is not the devil (or a devil). Honestly, I'm not sure if Lucas is supposed to be portrayed as A DEVIL or THE DEVIL - really not a clue there. Another huge difference is that they both end up falling for each other (mostly in an angsty sorta way), but neither are willing to acknoweldge the feelings they have for one another openly. I do really believe that Lucas loves Gail though he may have odd ways of showing it. This we never got to see in Tru Calling (or at least not yet), but a lot of what happened in AG very well COULD'VE HAPPENED in TC. It's also a bit difficult with the plots, settings and times. AG was filmed in '95 - 96 and takes place in Trinity, South Carolina whereas Tru Calling, filmed in 2003 -2005, was set in New York (I think). I'd just really like to explore the whole Lucas/Gail & Tru/Jack storylines together and how they would conform and conflict with one another. What one show has the other one doesn't and vice versa. I'd love to play around with rewind days in this crossover; that would do wonders for the plot, I think.

Here's a website with some very detailed summaries of ALL the episodes, its characters, etc.:
http://www.ourdramaqueen.com/ag/Guardian/01_Pilot.htm
Old 06-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Extreme Fan

hey... I was hoping someone might be able to help me, but I'm looking for any crossovers with House and Grey's Anatomy... particularly Meredith and Cameron... Thanks to anyone that could help me.
Michael: "She just said... Vaughn it's bigger than I thought." (1.22 Commentary)
Old 06-12-2006, 04:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know if this is the place ot post this, but I have a OTH/OC X-Over that I have on fanFiction.net.

I thought I might post the link here. When Will It Stop?

You can move it if this isn't the place to post it.
Icon by: Sparkling_Diamond
Old 06-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm writing a Grey's xover with Las Vegas fic. It jumps around in time for the first few chapters and then stays steady but the thing is, is that Meredith is Ed's niece and Delinda's cousin. Ellis Grey is Ed's baby sister and being that Meredith is Ellis' only daughter Ed's been a little overprotective ever since Thatcher left them. Mer's one of the gang when she visits Vegas as are her friends if they go with her and Delinda and her friends are always welcome in Seattle.

I could use a beta/co-writer for this. Any takers?
Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

what a bump!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 07-01-2008, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

^

There is a lovely crossover fic (Grey's Anatomy/House) called "Doctor To Doctor"
Old 07-01-2008, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

that could be love to read!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

It's not much of a crossover, but Angel/Buffy fics are great.

There's a Supernatural/Gilmore Girl Sam/Rory crossover that I'm interested in. I'm afraid to read it, but I think I'm way too curious to ignore it. lol
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

I read a great crossover that had Sam from Quantum Leap stepping into the life of Zac Efron. Great story!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

I'm not really into crossover but I got into by coming across an amazing Dean (SPN)//Peyton (OTH) story and now i love that pairing.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Total Fan

i never written any crossover.. but i really wanna write a charmed and harry potter crossover!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

That'd be cool, blending 2 different magical worlds

You definitely need a lot more suspension of disbelief in a crossover, especially when the characters are from different periods of time

One great series I read that was sort of a crossover had two actors role playing their various characters, so the bulk of the story was a crossover, but then they would finish and go back to being themselves. It was a great way to do a crossover but keeping a sense of realism, too