Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Thanks wherly! Good to know that people care.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 10-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Master Fan

We've had a huge upsurge in traffic over the past week or so, it's so great. Please keep it up, guys!

Old 11-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

It's a great relief to know we made it through the evaluations. I was having serious doubts about this board for a while... and I'm very glad to see that, not only did we make it, but we made it with a pretty healthy margin, too.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Colored me relieved too!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

I think a substantial thanks needs to be said to all the people who kindly contributed long, informative, and derisive posts on the I Can't Stand... thread. Fun and educational and board-saving? You can't get better than that.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yep, and the swimslashers too!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, this board did pretty well. I was both shocked and happy. Again, I love this board.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 11-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. I never thought that this board was in trouble... I mean, this's supposed to be THE fan board, isn't it? Congratulations to the mods, still!

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 11-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Well, we'd like to think we're indispensable ( ), but the sad truth is most of the FF boards have their own fanfic threads, so we only have a handful of minor fandom fic threads thriving here, as well as a bunch of general fic discussion. Don't get me wrong, I love all of that; but yeah, I was genuinely worried whether we were going to make it.

Old 11-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Thats amazing The post here are higher than what my board got Well done to everyone and the mods

Old 12-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Extreme Fan

You know the fanfic threads on various other boards may be causing the problem. In the heyday of Roswell fandom here, inclusive of all boards, all fanfic talk had to be on the fanfic board. I'm just curious why that changed? Do the other boards have spoiler threads now too?

Anyway, congrats everyone! This board has gotten very interesting again. I enjoy coming here often.

Kath
Old 12-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kath7
You know the fanfic threads on various other boards may be causing the problem.
They are definitely drawing traffic away from this board. Caty and I had a talk with the higher ups a while ago regarding this, because a couple of years ago the rule was that fanfic threads were only allowed on the fanfic board. But since the rule wasn't set down anywhere, more and more mods got appointed who didn't know about it, and they allowed fanfic threads to pop up on their boards. It sort of developed to a point where it would cause a major disturbance if we reverted to the old rule, so we sort of hit a compromise - other boards can have fanfic threads, but you can only directly post fic on this board. It doesn't help much, but at least we still have a unique function. As you can see our most active threads here are general fic-writing discussion threads, which you don't get on the other boards.