Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, that surprises me. Most people love Edward/Bella
Old 09-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

I personally love Sfi-Fi and Fantasy. I've read two books of the Dresden Files, for example, has anyone read those?

Nonna do you mean me?

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

i love sci-fi and fantasy!

Lynn
- i was brought a copy one of the Dresden Files books its on my list to read!

i personally love Stephen Donaldson he is an amazing writer
[icn]|| Dave
Old 10-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

I like the way he writes Harry Dresden. I loved the show, too But I think it's cool that Harry is sometimes a complete idiot

enough already.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

a lot of fan fiction is romance

what do people like in that kind of genre

I don't like a bodice-ripper romance novel myself, but I do love a good book with a romance in it

Again, Gone With the Wind
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

I think it might be the kind of fantasy that this could happen to them, you know. The love that those characters experience is usually easy and they barely fight and in real life it's never easy and there are always doubts.

enough already.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Supreme Fan

I love writing romance fanfic!

Most of the romance authors I've looked at, though, write a lot of real erotica and graphic sex. I write sex in my stories, but no where close to what some of these romance writers write about! My cousin is actually an erotic romance writer. She has a few books published and her own website. She writes historical romance and she writes beautifully with a great depth and richness, which I think can be hard with romance writing.

I want to be a fiction novelist and television screenwriter and I want to write a novel series of psychological romance thrillers cuz I'm a huge fan of psychological romance!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Twilight because I thought Stephenie Meyer had a different writing style to most out there, but by the third book and definately the fourth, my interest's waned a lot The first one is my favourite, but I can't say I recommend the other three that much.

The Time Traveler's Wife, however... It's so amazing I can't even begin to describe it

I find it difficult to find good books/authors though...most of the books I find seem to be based around the same ideas and I like reading something new. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Elite Fan

Ellie, I think I can agree with you about Stephenie Meyer. I'll still go and watch the movie, but I didn't even read the forth book.

I'm really going to have to the The Time Traveler's Wife. I heard about it in another thread and everyone loved it so much

enough already.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm almost done reading all the books in the 'Southern Vampire Mysteries' By Charlaine Harris.(The New Show on HBO 'True Blood' is based on these books) I just need book #8, and then i would have read them all.. til the next one comes out.

I just started the Blood Books. (The Tv Show 'Blood Ties' was based on these books)
Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

How do you like the Southern Vampire Mysteries?

And I wanted to read the Blood series, too, because I watched and loved the show. I was so pissed when they cancelled the show

enough already.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Addicted Fan

I really enjoy Jeanette Winterson's style of writing. It's beautifully detailed without being too heavy and instead of going for the same tired images she always comes up with something fresh. So far I've read Lighthousekeeping and Written on the Body by her.

I also really like the detached quality of Bret Easton Ellis' writing in American Psycho. There were a few sections that talked exclusively of minutiae about things like bands the narrator liked, etc. There was so much attention to pointless details like the business cards, the new sound systems, hygiene products (for men), etc. that really told us what sort of shallow man the narrator was like. Lunar Park had more heart and was equally as good.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

I haven't read either of those authors, but it's great to get some recommendations

I saw about 5 minutes of American Psycho when it was on TV, and that was enough for me I have a major phobia of Christian Bale now
Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

One really great trilogy I've read lately is the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Has anybody read those?

enough already.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

no I haven't. What's it about? What kind of writing is it?