Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-13-2004, 03:09 PM
New Fan

{OTH}The Lies They Tell, The Secrets They Keep

The Lies They Tell. The Secrets They Keep.
An OTH FanFic
By AlexB

Prologue

Keith and Karen Scott were in love, married. They had a life in Charleston. Their son, Lucas liked his life. Never did they think that they would have to leave the place they called home. Then tragedy struck....
Keith died. His death was so sudden. He was here then gone. Angry, hurt, and confused, Luke tried to keep everything together for his mom. And he did. Using everything in him, Lucas held it together. Then his mother dropped a bomb on him...

“No. No!” Shooting up from the table, Lucas knocks his chair to the ground. “I’m not leaving here.” He says. “This is my home.”
“Lucas...” The tone of her voice is a warning to Lucas that he is getting close to crossing that line. A warning that Luke is readily ignoring.
“What about my life here; my friends?”
“You can make new friends.” Karen says gently touching his arm.
“I don’t want to make new friends.” He says snatching away. “I don’t want to leave Charleston and neither do you.”
“This isn’t about what you or I want, Lucas.” She says. “This is about the way things have to be. We can’t stay here anymore. We can’t...I can’t afford it.”
“I’ll get a job!”
“No you won’t.” Karen says pointing at him. “You will keep you nose in those books.”
“Mom...”
“No. Nothing. Say nothing else to me, Lucas Scott. I am the parent, you are the child. You do what I tell you. At the end of the school year we are leaving Charleston.”