Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

This isn't really 'news' but it's so beautiful that I thought everybody should see it. It's a blog by a Jensen fan...

Quote:
My Hero's Name is Jensen

I am writing this from my heart. It's been weighing on me ever since yesterday at ComicCon. Some people won't agree and that's okay. These are my thoughts and feelings and observations and I would never expect anyone to always agree with me. That's what makes the world, and our Supernatural fandom so special.I was told recently by my dear friend Amy to never apologize for having an opinion or loving our show. So I'm not. It's just a warning that it may not be the most popular opinion.

It concerns Jensen. Big surprise right? Let me first say the tribute to Jared and Always Keep Fighting was very nice and he was so touched. It meant a lot and I applaud the fans who put it together. It took a ton of work and your dedication is amazing. So is the love behind the gesture.I have issue that all the tributes to the Always Keep Fighting Campaign are only to Jared. As I recall the boys are a partnership. Moose and Squirrel together. I know Jared had a rough time this summer and I don't discount that. I was one of the first people to respond to his pleas for love. I love Jared very much so no one needs to go there. But let's not forget who carried on in the summer cons, trying his hardest to make sure he gave disappointed fans a great experience. He did not only his own photos and autos and panels but filled in the gaps for his missing best friend. He seemed all but exhausted himself when he returned.

Then there was this:

And I was more touched then I can ever express. See I was this fan. Not so little or precious but I was so overwhelmed at meeting him in 2013 at VegasCon I lost it. Crying and unable to speak. At all. The handlers and the people in line behind me were more than a little annoyed but this guy held on to me and whispered reassurances and refused to let me be moved along or made to wait. That sweet look in his eyes? Yep. I've seen it. Just like that. It's real.

Jensen is way more quiet than Jared, Misha and Mark. He maintains his emotions really well. He's not as much of a cryer. Thank goodness with fans like me out there! He's uncomfortable being the center of attention and I suspect even if he doesn't say it, he hates to feel he disappointed anyone either. He's truly the big brother of the cast. He's the one who is always there for the others, he praises them and thanks them and showcases their talent. He epitomizes the words brother and family. He gets a great deal of praise for being pretty and God is he ever!! But here's the thing, his heart is every bit as big, as caring as the others: for us, for excellent causes, for making the world a better place. I think my fear is that he is the Dean character here too. Doing what he does because he loves everyone but rarely getting the recognition. He's beautiful inside and out. I know you know this. And I am not diminishing what Jared has done and shared in any way. It takes courage to speak out and to say I struggle with this. I don't know if Jensen has , he's never said except that season 9 was really hard and he was "in a dark place". He was like Dean I think and just pushed through it. He is the poster child for humility. This is a man who despite fans telling him otherwise still can't believe he has musical ability . He is totally unaware of his exceptional good looks or amazing talent. He is a fabulous example of a husband and father.He is the unsung hero, the one who gives the best he has to offer all the time and never thinks of himself first. This is rare and precious and should be celebrated.

So where am I going? This is a partnership. Everyone says it's all about the brothers. Well, that's plural. I hope in the future that if tributes to Always Keep Fighting are done at cons it's to both of them. Jensen is deserving of just as many thanks for saving my life tributes as his adorable costar and buddy. He and Dean saved me.I don't have that dramatic a story and I wont bore you with it.All I know is this show, this man and this family have put more happiness in my life than I can ever tell you.

Again, Jared deserves the tribute, He deserves a high five for admitting he needed a break this summer.And for getting himself back to where he is, rested, happy and ready for season 11. All I'm saying is, there should be just as many rounds of applause for 'the smart little squirrel" that took care of him and all of us. Yes, I love him. I all but worship the guy but he's my hero for all the right reasons. Won't you join me in sending him a little thank you?
Source
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 09-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

Like you said,no news here, we all know Jensen is the best their is! And that Jared rocks and most important, that they , much like dean and Sam are best together and always have each others back!

Proof is still nice, though.

Only a month left now!

Alone together in a world of evil - Dean and Sam Winchester
"After all is said and done, one and one still is one"

Icon by albino_princess
Old 09-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Saw the S10 dvd in Target
Old 09-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah? Was it nice?

Icon by albino_princess
Old 09-13-2015, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

I kinda just passed it up, not my fave at the moment
Old 09-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I see

Icon by albino_princess
Old 09-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

they are showing the first 9 seasons on netflix germany now yay. although i already saw them so often lol. i still didnt see season 10 tho. oy

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Lucky you!

Icon by albino_princess
Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When does S11 start?
Old 10-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Starts this Wednesday, Oct 7
Old 10-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Only two days!

Icon by albino_princess
Old 10-26-2015, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

We dropped the ball on this one this year. ...but there is still time to donate!

Please Support Team Levi & the Down Syndrome Guild of Dallas

Levi's page can be found here
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Oooop, well at least there's still time
Old 10-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Bee!! I'm happy there is time left