Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jensen in 8x06 "Southern Comfort" SPN Episode Discussion

Southern Comfort
November 7th 2012
The CW

GARTH RETURNS TO HELP SAM AND DEAN ON A CASE — Sam and Dean investigate a murder and find Garth (guest star DJ Qualls) is already on the case. Dean is not happy to learn that Garth has assumed Bobby's duties, but Garth points out that both Sam and Dean have been missing for the last year and someone needed to do it. They guys discover an "avenging ghost" is responsible for the murders and they need to find the source before the killings starts again.

Tim Andrew directed the episode written by Adam Glass.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This seems interesting and I do adore D.J. Quall's Garth.
sunflower 654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt and I hope the episode is good!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ahhh, did you guys see when Dean ad the gun to Sam, he had something black coming out of his ear? Ghost possession?? I'm guessing this has something to do with the civil war ghost we saw in pics. Brother vs brother. Hopefully this will solve some issues!

Supernatural . Reign. Sleepy Hollow. The Walking Dead.
eri_spnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't care who or what is driving the brothers to attack each other I just want Dean to kick some Sam butt like back in Sex and Violence (LOVED THAT EPISODE!).

Quin, can you pm me the pic you got your icon from Please? Jared is stunning in that pic.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't blame Dean one bit for kicking Sam's butt I think he needs it considering the way he's been acting.
sunflower 654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Yes I will send you the pic Bee!

I liked the episode! Garth was so funny and adorable! I'm glad the show mentioned how awesome Bobby was tonight! I miss Bobby so much! I love that Garth said "idjts" and "balls"
I'm glad that Garth hugged Sam and Dean again thwir hugs make me laugh so hard! Garth Mc Hammer Ringtone priceless! I liked that wantwd Sam and Dean to work out there problems. Uou can tell that he knows how much Sam and Dean love each othet even with all the tension. Haha Garth getting rid of the tooth fairy! Omg too funny!

Omg Sam andDean's fight was sad but def was good and intense they were going town on ea hotheri
sort of cleared the air but they still ned really work these issies out still. Damn Sam and Dean were hot in this episode! I hope before the season is over the brothers find common ground and get along again.

Ugh Ameila still bores me too tears! Not a fan of her at all.

Yay for music in the the episode! Wow the death the store was gorgy but also interesting to watch.

Yes 4x14 was a good episode!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG the Sam storyline is killing me. AMELIA HAS TO GO! I don't care how, It just has to be NOW! How are we suppose to care for this woman? HOW?!

And Sam...stand still while I smack you! Seriously! ...He jusst gets in this huge fight with Dean, has him tell him a vamp is more of a brother than he is...and is this what he's thinking about? No he's thinking about bitchy bad vet and her issues.

Dean...my precious Dean! *squishes* You have a right to every single issue you have, and yes the penny may have expressed your issues a bit more harsher than you normally would have...you still have very valid points! You still love them but yes Sam and Cas have both betrayed you in the past (and knowing this show, Benny is bound to do it to) So why not get pissed off? Don't let Sam try to guilt you, let him run back to his bitchy bad vet girl friend, the dogs life may depend on it, because we all know he's probably back on the streets by now.

I like Garth...he gives Dean hugs!

NEXT WEEKS EPISODE WILL BE AWESOME!

Thanks Quin!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

It's interesting that this thread mentioned the Sex and Violence episode because that's exactly what I thought of when Sam was calling Dean out for not remembering and said: You and I both know that you didn’t need a penny to say those things. I'm not saying Sam was wrong for saying that but can he now admit that he meant those things he said to Dean in front of the Siren?
-Safe
‘ChelsღChina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

What in the world?? So Amelia's husband had just died and she ran away? Wow Sam, you're in a real healthy relationship with a woman who is still in love with her dead husband!

I feel like the relationship is just pity for the each other. They both lost someone dear to them so they can connect with each other on that level. But that's where the connection ends. Amelia has nothing else in common with Sam. They were with each other just to take thier minds off the pain of losing the most important person in their lives.

I really hope Sam meets up with Amelia to find her with another man in a healthy relationship. I want her to tell Sam "What we had wasn't real. We just both needed someone at the time that could understand our losses." Because that's exactly what it looks like!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Amelia has no credibility with me as a character whatsoever! And that all starts with her not being credible at her job. I think she's a bad vet which makes her less credible as a person. So when she's telling us that her husband died in a war, the question I have is, why should we believe her?

Dean: “Or how about running around with Samuel for a whole year, letting me think that you were dead while you were doing all kinds of crazy, Those aren’t mistakes, Sam, those are choices!"

I can't believe I'm going to take a minute to defend Sam here but I'm going to. Sam did make a choice, even while soulless, to not let his brother know that he was out of Lucifer's cage. But he's not the only one who made that choice. Bobby also made that choice. Bobby chose to not let Dean know his brother was alive despite Dean's best efforts to get Sam out.

It's hard for me to think about that level of betrayal in a real way, but if my brother who I had thought died was actually living it up in some other town and decides to blow back in a year later and tell me he's still alive because he needs my help, I'd certainly feel betrayed. And if my surrogate father knew that my brother was fine and kept that from me, I'd feel betrayed by him too.

We know Bobby knows about loss because he lost his wife. Just image the pain Bobby went through the year after his love died. And if another hunter knew that his wife was still alive and didn't say anything and just let him grieve like that...Bobby would never forgive the guy.

But here he does that to Dean. Bobby made the choice that Dean was better off without the comfort of knowing that his brother was okay just because Bobby thought that Dean would be happier out of that lifestyle.

I don't even know if I would have thought of all of this if it wasn't for Bobby being mentioned a bunch of times in this episode.

What I'm saying is this: The choice that Sam made while soulless, is the same choice that Bobby made with his full soul in tact. But Sam gets all the blame for that? There's plenty of blame to go around here and it shouldn't be put on one man's shoulders.
-Safe
Old 11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, but how is Dean going to blame Bobby right now? Bobby is dead. It's pointless to bring him into the arguement. If Dean was to start naming all the people he's been betrayed by, we'd still be listening to him.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

So the issue that Dean has with Sam will die when Sam dies or is it now that one of the pieces of that problem has died, the full blame gets shifted to the only other living person left standing? Either way I don't like it.
-Safe
Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think it has shifted. I'm just saying what's the use of mentioning Bobby in the arguement? Dead or not I'm sure Dean still feels betrayed that Bobby didn't tell him the truth about Sam...but you can't argue with somebody who isn't there. In the heat of the moment why would he bring up Bobby? It would have seemed out of place.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‘ChelsღChina (View Post)
Amelia has no credibility with me as a character whatsoever! And that all starts with her not being credible at her job. I think she's a bad vet which makes her less credible as a person. So when she's telling us that her husband died in a war, the question I have is, why should we believe her?
Exactly! I don't believe her. The whole thing seems so cheesy and soap opera ish. Remember Carver said that perception would play a big factor this year? I don't think what we're being made to believe actually happened.....

As with the soul-less Sam thing. Am I mistaken thinking that Sam never knew he was soul-less. How could Sam tell Dean he didn't have a soul if Sam didn't know what was wrong with him?! Cas figured that out for the both of them!

And Dean can't possibly blame soul-less Sam for going out with Samuel. That WAS NOT Sam. It was his body. Everything that made Sam the person he is was rotting in the cage! Dean knows that, he even said in season six to soul-less Sam to "Stop pretending you’re my brother because I know you're not". Or something very close to that.

I think that's very lazy writing for Dean to blame Sam for those things when it really wasn't him! Then again, the ghost was blowing things out of proportion for everyone it infected. I mean, the guy that wanted to kill the ref for calling him out? That's ridiculous and so trivial, so maybe Dean was meant to blame Sam for things he had no control over because of the ghost.

Reply   Post New Thread