Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jensen in 6x03 "The Third Man" SPN Episode Discussion

The Third Man
October 8, 2010
The CW

Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) call Castiel (Misha Collins) for help when they investigate a case about several dead police officers who seem to have been killed by the plagues of Egypt. Castiel confirms the staff of Moses was used to kill the cops and tells Sam and Dean that Heaven is in a state of chaos and God's weapons have been stolen. The three head off to find the thief and come face to face with an old enemy.

Bob Singer directed the episode written by Ben Edlund.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

CAS IS BACK!! I've waited so long for this!!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Loyal Fan

So excited abouth Cas being in this episode!!

TEAM FREE WILL IS BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!

I is on the Tumblr now: The Dork Mistress
EggrollLuvsYa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOVED IT!

CAS WAS BACK!!...and HE AND DEAN SHARE A PROFOUND BOND!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Extreme Fan

On a totally shallow note, I have to say that the one thing SPN does great without fail is taking beautiful shots of Dean/Jensen. They always have some great close-up of him. Cameras on SPN sure love him.

Big plus point: NO Campbells.

Cas is back!

And we had Dean sleeping shirtless.

I liked Balthazar. And that fact that I liked him makes me wonder what the heck is wrong with the writers or they do that on purpose? I mean they are perfectly capable of writing villains you can sympathize with, heck they even made me see where Lucifer was coming from with the whole Apocalypse thing, but they can't make the guys supposedly only living family sympathetic, all of them comes across like some douchebags.

I really really have problems with this new Sam, and the end of this epi and the preview made it clear that Dean himself is having doubts about his brother. And I really hoped that this trust issue is freaking over. But I have to say Jared is doing a great job with creating a new Sam!

I had some problems with the writing. The epi started out great, the story was interesting but it all ended very anticlimactic. It felt like it wasn't finished or they were hurrying to finish it.

And I feel sorry for Dean. He feels so lonely and weary. He'd been forced to live a normal life contrary to what he wanted to do. Then when he gets comfortable he's been pulled back to hunting and is forced to leave behind those who accepted him without question. And now he is back with Sam and it seems like Sam doesn't give a damn about a lot of things. I hoped this angsting was going to be over.

But all in all it was a great improvement comparing to the previous two epis.

Last edited by Sea10; 10-09-2010 at 03:53 AM
Sea10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Fortunately I read on the internet how the episode will start so I didn´t look at the screen when it happened. After the sounds my friend made by watching it I am so glad that I didn´t see it.

Then came to scenes I as a fangirl really appreciate…smile.
Dean and Sam with naked chests. Wohoho!!!
But enough of that!!!

Then again something really gross must have happened with the guy and his face – which I didn´t watch again. – Yes I know I am a confessing softy on these scenes.

I laughed out loud when Dean races Sam – that was a great little scene. And Sams comment afterwards was funny, too.

I really start to enjoy this episode when Castiel came into the picture. Because all of the gross parts where left behind and the real fun begins.

I love Castiels first scene – HELLO! – Sams reaction to these tiny little word was so hilarious. Maybe it wasn´t supposed to be but I couldn´t stop laughing at the way Sams repeats Cas Hello. Jared was soooo great and the looks between him, Jensen and Misha were brilliant.
“You like him better or what” I had tears in my eyes.
Indeed Castiel you are a little rusty with your human behaviour feelings and I love it.

I don´t know what to think of Balthasar but I like to see him again. He was cool baddie in some ways and I am glad that he came back to rescue Castiel. I am not sure if Rafael is killed now because it wasn´t a angel knife which stabbed him so if anyone could clear that up for me I would be very thankful. I wouldn´t be sad if he stayed dead because I always have trouble to understand what the actor who plays him have to say.

I love the last scene between Dean and Sam. Always love it when the just talk like that. Maybe my theorie that what happened to Sam in hell is in some ways that what happened to Buffy when she came back in season 6. That Sam was at peace with himself in hell because he thinks he belong there. Which truly would show how messed up he is and how far away from feeling great.

Whoever took this photo in my avatar please let me know and I give you credit for it.
sunny214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread