Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Total Fan

Episode Discussion: "The Magnificent Seven" epi 3.1

Bracing themselves for the possibility of an apocalyptic war, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) realize they have an enormous task of hunting down the hundreds of demons that escaped from the Devil's Gate.

With only a year left to live, Dean decides to live life to the fullest and exhibits a carefree attitude that troubles Sam, who is trying to find a loophole in the deal. Bobby (Jim Beaver) tells the brothers about a sighting in Nebraska that turns out to be seven demons that are the actual manifestations of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Kim Manners directed the episode written by Eric Kripke.

Marci's Craziness
wakeupolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Written by Kripke, directed by Kim? This episode is going to ROCK!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

OMG I so cannot wait for this. It's going to be awesome to see the SPN version of Se7en

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Ngatiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Total Fan

Bee I know !! I am so excited ! You know it is going to be awsome

Tahra that is what I thought when I first saw this episode description!!

Marci's Craziness
Old 10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't believe we have a new episode thread!!

Man, they are calling for thunderstorms tomorrow night here and sometimes my satelitte goes out during storms. If it goes out during the SPN premiere, I will be SO frickin upset!

Gosh, I can't stop thinking about Dean! I can't wait to see him!!!
"You stink like sex." -Dean Winchester
CrystalPistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mod Note Itunes has this episode available for download right now...if you have watched it...PLEASE keep everything about the show under a spoiler code! Spoiler codes are like this [sp]stuff you want to say [/sp*] take out the *

Once the show has AIRED spoiler codes are no longer needed.

Thank you.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Total Fan

OMG .. breathe Marci breathe !!

I just got done watching the episode and OMG, I am still reeling. If you haven't watched and don't want to be spoiled...

STOP HERE !!

First off the 'The Road so far' with Hells Bells GENIUS !! I had to watch it like twice cause it rocked so hard. I have to mention this because as we all know I am a huge AC/DC fan ! moving on..

The episode as a whole left me feeling kind of empty. I was really stoked about the "monster" of the week. I mean come on the seven deadly sins, what more could you ask for. And sadly I thought the Seven Deadly Sins should have gotten more play time (mean of me I know) but come on the aspect of these demons rock, this could have been a two parter and they would have had plenty of material to make it work.

But can I just tell you the time off was good for one Mr. Jensen Ackles. . He came back looking good ! Still in love with Dean, cause it is true love and as we all know true love never dies

Dean, as always, was spot on!! I loved the box comment, I was so thinking about the movie Se7en the whole time I was watching this episode ! He is acting the exact way I would be if I had a year to live, but he did hurt me with his cavalier attitude about it. Now before any of you blast me, YES I know this is his "game face" that he is putting on. But it hurts me all the more because I know this!!

I hate it that it only took a week for Sammy to get fed up with his behavior, I think they shorted Sam there (for time purposes I know) but I honestly think Sam would be a little more understanding .. I have developed a huge girl crush on Sammy, the whole we are going down together attitude he has is much love. And the look .. OMG the look ! When Dean was sitting in the floor loading the shot gun and Sam looked over at him *guh* I almost started crying !!

Liked the girl hunter, short and to the point and she was gone. I think this is how a character should be introduced, it leaves you guessing so you want to see more, you want to know what her story is.. I have a good vibe about this season's extras cause let's face it, with the exception of Bobby and Gordon, the other hunters have left me underwhelmed !

I thought it was unusual how the Sin didn't mention Sam's disgressions .. what was up with that?

Anyway, I thought it was a good start for the boys !

Marci's Craziness
Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's official I'm the only one who thought the episode was lacking. It did nothing for me. Jensen and Jared ROCKED as always, but as far as storyline and Squee...I was left with nothing.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Actually, I agree with both of you. When it was done, I looked at my husband and said, "That felt so different." and he said, "Yeah." And we both just kinda sat there for a minute.

The changing of the title from fire to smoke made me feel a little sad. So stupid of me, I know. It makes sense. This is such a new chapter, but I'm such a hard core traditionalist. Therefore, I'm not as much into the other hunters. I mean, I like them here and there but I don't want a big 'ol community. (just like I never liked the other slayers in Buffy's world - that was what made her buffy - she was the chosen ONE) - similar feelings here. The thing about Sam & Dean is that it's always been them cut off from the world.

Anyway, moving onto the episode.... I thought this was a very lackluster beginning. The concept of the seven deadly sins was great but I agree with Marci that it could have been well developed into a two parter. I mean, these are supposed to be some serious big bads and they just kick their asses with holy water and devil's traps in a matter of minutes.

I didn't care for the acting of the married hunters but I thought the death of the man was perfectly gross and awful. And here's what bothered me the most about the episode: Dean making jokes around a woman who just saw her husband drink drain cleaner. I don't think even cavalier Dean who has only a year to live would be that insensitive. The jokes were good but quite inappropriate at the time. (I've been a little upset lately though by Kripke's commentary on the sea. 2 dvds because I don't understand how he & I could have such different perceptions of the same character which he has developed so.....)

Marci, I was hurt by his words to Sam too. I'm still not a huge Sam fan but I did start to like him much more after BUABS and I thought Kripke made Dean a little too rude and insensitive to Sam in the end. I realize that Dean wants to stop Sam from trying to break the deal but....ack.

I will say I loved seeing Bobby in a suit and hatless. And the action and gore was pulled up a notch. Personally I prefer supsense to gore but I do love to see some fighting. The music was good. And Jensen was gorgeous as always. Loved the sex scene.

I noticed that Katie Cassidy has regular status billing and yet Jim Beaver does not. I'm not sure what to make of that yet. I'm just worried about the show changing too much. You don't fix what ain't broke, ya know?

BTW, did anyone else wonder if the dead people on the couch that never moved were an homage to Joss & Serenity???

Last edited by CrystalPistol; 10-05-2007 at 05:28 AM
Old 10-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Total Fan

I wasn't completely overwhelmed but hey, it's Supernatural so I just can't bring myself to say too many bad things.

I'm still working out my issues with Dean's attitude. I know it won't last

But MY GOD did he look hot.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Total Fan

Bee Sadly you aren't the only one, it really left me feeling .. well I don't know. Disappointed is to harsh, because I really loved seeing the boys again. But the episode as a whole didn't wow me like at all, you go from having Season Two open with a Episode like IMTOD and you expect the same "wow" for the opening of Season Three. I was left wanting too much. And the story line was too rushed IMO, I get that everyone is coming to these 17 cities that the clouds were over. But we don't see any other hunters for years (Except for Gordon , and uh.. bring him back Army Wives is on hiatus ) and now we meet this couple who are so in love with each other, kiss, hug, blah, blah, blah

I mean, who didn't see one of them dying coming??

Anyway, and this blonde hunter just shows up too. So yeah, I was not impressed with the writing, but I am really trying to keep a good vibe for the extras this season.. (please don't disappoint me !) cause we are going to have to have them for the stories to continue, I wish we didn't cause I am fine with just Dean and Sam ..and Bobby ! but sadly everything changes.

Crystal ITA with you on Dean's attitude. He really left me going WTF? last night a lot ! We all knew Dean wouldn't want Sammy to get him out of the Deal because he would then die, but I really didn't like the way it all came out.. It left me with a bitterness, that I am not use to when dealing with Dean. I am going to give him time, cause I was just bitching at Sammy for only giving him a week before he was tired of his attitude and here I am after only one episode griping about it.. Yeah, I am cool like that.

So I am gonna hang in there and wait for the Dean we have all come to love to resurface He is still in there, just scared and we all know Dean is like a wounded animal when he is scared. He lashes out !!

Marci's Craziness
Old 10-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Total Fan

I did read somewhere on LJ last night that apparently Jensen had issues with how Dean was in that episode so we're not the only ones
Old 10-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandelier2 (View Post)
I did read somewhere on LJ last night that apparently Jensen had issues with how Dean was in that episode so we're not the only ones
Oh, Jensen!

But, I actually liked Sam getting irritated with Sam in the end because that kind of brought it back to normal. It was like, "Ooooookay. There's the Sammy we all know!" and I felt like I needed that.

Marci, my husband said the exact same thing - it felt rushed.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPistol (View Post)

But, I actually liked Sam getting irritated with Sam in the end
Did you mean with Dean? Coz I'm now having visions of Jared trying to rehearse and argument with himself
Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Loyal Fan

yes! sorry!!
Reply   Post New Thread