Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dean Winchester Episode Discussion Thread #2 {9x23"Do You Believe In Mircales?"}

FYI - Instead of having new threads for every episode we are going to start putting all episode discussions in one thread because we're just not getting the traffic in episode discussion threads like we use to. It's sad to see them go but there is no reason to have a bunch of barely posted on threads when we can have one active thread.

Each new episode will be posted in here with a summary like a normal discussion. Thread title will change weekly when a new episode airs. Just because an episode has passed that doesn't mean you can't discuss it! More talk the better.

Mother's Little Helper
March 25th, 2014 The CW

Dean struggles with the after effects of the Mark of Cain. Meanwhile, Sam hears about a case where straight-laced people are turning into violent murderers. Sam suspects possession and suggests to Dean that they investigate, but Dean tells him to go without him. While interviewing the local townsfolk, Sam meets an elderly woman named Julia, who tells him the Men of Letters came to town in 1958. Josie tells Sam the story of a young man named Henry Winchester and his female companion, Josie Sands. While Sam is away, Crowley tests Dean.

Last edited by quin0611; 05-18-2014 at 08:41 PM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for starting
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT let's see how it gives down tonight
Old 03-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed it.

Was that Marion Ross? Why was she not publicised more? I had no clue she was going to be on the episode until I saw her. She was fantastic!

Josie/Abaddon...love the twist that Josie was in love with Henry. Abaddon has always been a bitch apparently.

Henry! MY SECOND FAVORITE WINCHESTER! How I adore him. I wish we'd be able to see more of him. He just has this 'oh shucks' quality about him. (Is it just me or does Gil remind anybody else of Ethan Embry? )

SPN wants to do a spin off? They should have done a Men Of Letters Prequel and have it revolve around Henry Winchester.

Sam...so let me get this straight, it's perfectly fine for you to treat Dean like dirt, to ignore him and push him away...but when Dean isn't following you around begging for whatever little scrap of attention you bother to throw in his direction, you get all puppy eyed and feel neglected? Can't have it both ways Sammy, you set the rules, time you follow them.

DEAN...OMG LOVING THIS STORYLINE SO MUCH! IT'S GOING TO BE A DARK BUMPY ROAD...BUT IT'S GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!

Crowley, quit manipulating Dean! Bad Demon!

Sam/Baby...NO! The MoL bunk is filled with other cars...use one of those!

Misha's directing...It's was good. there were some shots that seemed odd and or choppy...but it was an Adam Glass episode...it could fully be the writers fault.

Over all
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine Colored Roses (View Post)
I enjoyed it.

Was that Marion Ross? Why was she not publicised more? I had no clue she was going to be on the episode until I saw her. She was fantastic!

Josie/Abaddon...love the twist that Josie was in love with Henry. Abaddon has always been a bitch apparently.

Henry! MY SECOND FAVORITE WINCHESTER! How I adore him. I wish we'd be able to see more of him. He just has this 'oh shucks' quality about him. (Is it just me or does Gil remind anybody else of Ethan Embry? )

SPN wants to do a spin off? They should have done a Men Of Letters Prequel and have it revolve around Henry Winchester.

Sam...so let me get this straight, it's perfectly fine for you to treat Dean like dirt, to ignore him and push him away...but when Dean isn't following you around begging for whatever little scrap of attention you bother to throw in his direction, you get all puppy eyed and feel neglected? Can't have it both ways Sammy, you set the rules, time you follow them.

DEAN...OMG LOVING THIS STORYLINE SO MUCH! IT'S GOING TO BE A DARK BUMPY ROAD...BUT IT'S GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!

Crowley, quit manipulating Dean! Bad Demon!

Sam/Baby...NO! The MoL bunk is filled with other cars...use one of those!

Misha's directing...It's was good. there were some shots that seemed odd and or choppy...but it was an Adam Glass episode...it could fully be the writers fault.

Over all
Can I just say what you said about Sam is spot on and I completely agree with it 100% in fact I even made some points about that in the Dean/Sammy thread. It's like Sam thinks it's ok for him to treat Dean anyway he wants and Dean should just keep begging after him for his attention. Sam wanted Dean to quit trying to save him and let him live his own life well Dean is leaving him alone so he doesn't get to act like it's Dean who is ignoring him.
sunflower 654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. He acted hurt that Dean wasn't dropping everything to go follow him around. He can't have it both ways. He has to decide of he wants his brother or not and then do something about it. I worry that we are going to need to depend on Sam to save Dean.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I think the episode was good & Misha did a great job directing!

I think it will be a very dark road ahead for Dean & it will pbeinteresting to see how the Mark of Cain continues to change him.

Gil does kind of look like Ethan Embry. Yes a MOL spin off would be great.

I def wonder how the Mark of Cain/Dar! Dean will continue to effect Sam/Dean already messed up relationship. I really how it gets better sooner than later for the bros.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

That guys at the beginning should have just shut his mouth and been happy with meatloaf, becuz that looked like it hurt
Dean's not sleeping? Not good at all And Obsessed?!? I think they both have those tendencies any way, right? So, no, Dean's NOT fine. Sam, you see that, why aren't you doing more??
It's a bit strange to see Sam with Baby without Dean. Does Baby miss her daddy?
Sam reaching out to Dean, but he's not responding Alcohol won't kill whatever he's feeling. And if anyone understands how tempting that dark power is, it's Sam *sigh*
Uh oh, that kid should know better about getting into dark vans at night. Never seen a horror movie? or Supernatural?
Sam: "Buddy, give it a rest." Okey, it was a kid, but the way Sam handled him was H-O-T, right? Poor waitress. ;(
Talking to that kid Sam saw a little of himself in him. "Soulless Sam" - nice flashbacks
Crowley: "You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kind of makes me your mistress." OMG Mark has the best lines
Yeah, Sam is a lot more open minded than most
MOL in Milton in 1958 Henry & Josie Love MOL history and back stories
Jensen & Mark have some really great onscreen chemistry during the bar scene. Gruff Dean is sexy
Awww, Henry is worries about his family. Just wish John knew about it
How was it that Josie knew what that symbol was, but never heard of them, yet Henry did?
Henry = Mr Dreamy such a cutie
Josie sacrifices herself to save Henry. She loved him. Such a shame he was oblivious ... or maybe there is more to the story
Dean: "Shut your pie hole, Crowley."
Crowley: "Off to water the lily. Care to cross streams?"
What's with the other hunter going after Crowley? Really? And why is Dean stopping him?
Crowley: "You just want to touch the Precious, don't you?" Does that sound dirty to you as it did to me?
Creepy abandoned place. Souls in jars? 1 demon down, but watch out Sam, there's always another... Ouch
Abbadon creating an army with good souls? Not good
Exorcism on phone. Smart and it gave him enough time to gank her butt
Bye bye souls, home you go Go Sam!
Poor Julia. Wish should could have warned Henry somehow. Would have avoided a lot
Sam's case brought new light to their mission.

I really liked this episode. Misha did awesome!!! I liked that we got to see Sam stand a little more on his own feet again. I think it's helped with his confidence and getting him back on track after finding out what Abbadon was up to. And it really showed us what Dean was going through. The fear he hides and the struggle he's having. But he's gotta know that if anyone has his back, it's Sam...not Crowley. Looking forward to more
Old 03-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

It was good, had a Croatoan feel to it, dude shoulda ate the meatloaf interesting Abaddon and Henry was a team until she turned evil. Sucks that Sam was on the case while Dean was sulking and drinking and Crowley played on it, Dean emotions always toyed with too funny tho when Sam had the exorcism on his phone but does this mean Dean is being replaced by technology? Dean would not sit back and let Sam be in danger WTF?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure why Dean would think that Sam has his back. Sam told him that he wouldn't have saved him if he were dying, he left him Purgatory didn't even bother to look for him and has walked out on him numerous times so actually it's perfectly understandable that Dean feels lost/lonely. To me him letting himself get closer to Crowley makes sense in this sl cause despite everything as sad as this is (and goes to show how far the brother's bond has fallen ) Crowley has been there for Dean more than Sam has. You have no idea how hard that was for me to write cause I never thought I would ever have to say a demon has been there for Dean more than his own brother. Yes I know that Crowley is manipulating Dean and normally Dean would see right there him, but with everything he has been there these past several years from the painful losses of Bobby/Kevin/Charlie/Lisa/Ben his problems with Cas and of course now the Mark of Cain Dean is not himself. Dean needs someone even if he won't admit it to be there for him to want to protect him and I think after the numerous times he has sacrificed and done everything in his power to protect Sam it's time he returned that favor. I don't even want Sam doing it because he feels obligated or cause he feels like he owes Dean I want him to want to make sure his big brother is ok because he loves him and he remembers that no matter what they are family.
sunflower 654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly! Dean has nobody right now. Cas is MIA, everybody else he trust and cares about is dead, and Sam has made it perfectly clear they are not brothers, they're barely co-workers so who does Dean have? A demon, and yes that demon is using Dean, but at least he's taking care of Dean at the same time. I don't blame Dean at all for shutting Sam out. Sam deservers it. Dean's well being has never been high up on Sam's list of worries before, a little mark of cain isn't going to change that now.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope that once Sam figures out dangerous this mark can be to Dean that he will step and try to help Dean.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Meta Fiction
April 15th 2014
The CW

METATRON OFFERS CASTIEL A DEAL — Metatron (Curtis Armstrong) attempts to get Castiel (Misha Collins) to join forces with him. Still furious with Metatron, Castiel (Misha Collins) refuses, which sets a surprising plan in motion. Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) capture Gadreel (Tahmoh Penikett).
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-07-2014, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Bee! One more week to go!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Quin.

I'm disappointed Metatron will be in this one. I'm really over that storyline.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Reply   Post New Thread