Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Dean/John (Supernatural) App. Thread: Like Father, like Son

Welcome to the first Dean and John App. Thread

One reason why I love Supernatural the way I do is because of the great storytelling the deep relationships, like the one Dean has with his father John.

So this thread is all about this relationship and I am sure we will have a lot to discuss
Old 04-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Great idea. I like how Deans relationship to John is so different to one from Sam to him.
Dean follows him blindly, while Sam has his own ideologies. Somehow I can identify more with Sam.

What about you guys?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah I hate it that sometimes Dean just follows John´s orders without question it but after I saw "Something Wicked" I understand that relationship a LOT better, Dean once didn´t obey John´s orders and because of that Sam nearly got killed and now, because of that, he is just (maybe) scared to not follow because of what could happen.

And I have to say (though I really love John) he is not on my good side right now, I hate it that he never talked to Dean about what happened that day, he just ignored it and let Dean deal with himself, I mean the boy was 8 or 9 years old he never had a childhood and had to grow-up way too fast and I just feel sad for him.

I know that John just wants to protect his childrens who he dearly loves but I think because of all that hatred he feels towards that thing that killed his wife he lost his objectiveness and he can´t see how much his children needs him (even at this age) as a person not as the commander of a hunting troupe.

Icon Credit
Old 04-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm probably one of the very few people to doesn't really like John. ...but it is interesting to see how different the realatinships are between John/Dean and John/Sam.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Passionate Fan

i didn't really have much of an opinion about John, but after Something Wiked i didn't like him much. Poor Dean!! I agree Sonya, i wasn't really sure why Dean always followed John's orders no matter what, but no I have more of an understanding of it. I feel really bad for Dean.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with everybody above, though I like John, I just think he's staying away from them for the wrong reasons IMO. It doesn't matter if he's with them or far away from them, they can still get hurt. :/

{Max&Alec}
Old 05-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

this up.

{Max&Alec}
Old 05-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Absolute Fan

the last episode I saw Something Wicked & I wasn't really like John in that. Poor lil Dean. How could he blame Dean for almost gettin Sam being in danger when he left them on their own?!
I know he loves his boys but that was just a bad parental move to make.

And I really don't like that the boys call him sir, yeah it's a sign of respect but Dad's better
Old 05-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

I just imagined Dean calling him Daddy
Old 05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Old 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
How could he blame Dean for almost gettin Sam being in danger when he left them on their own?!
I know he loves his boys but that was just a bad parental move to make.

And I really don't like that the boys call him sir, yeah it's a sign of respect but Dad's better
OMG! Exactly! He has no business getting pissed at Dean for not protecting Sam...he's the father he should be watching over Sam! Dean ws just a kid...who had no childhood to speak of because of John and his stupid revenge! John Sucks! ...and the Sir thing? WTF?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Totally! He's so ...so...
I really don't wanna say he's a bad father but that annoyed the hell outta me.
Something supernatural killed his wife & mother of your kids, yeah we get that, but their your kids not soldiers!
You can't burden your child with all that demon hunting & taking care of his bother like that, he made him grow up too fast - it wasn't fair.
Poor lil Dean, my heart really went out to him in that episode poor thing
Old 05-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

EXACTLY!! ...You would think he would have thought of the obvious and think that Mary would want her kids to have a happy normal life instead of all this revenge crap. But did he think of that? Of course not because why should his kids mean anything if he has a chance to get the thing that killed Mary. ...and Dean poor Dean! He's Sam's father not John. And all John can do is take Dean for granted and blame him for things that go wrong. That is why I love Sammy so much when he stands up to his father. and now because of Sam Dean is staring to which I am beyond happy about.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Elite Fan

This is turning into an anti-John thread.

{Max&Alec}
Old 05-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

we just don't like the way he treats Dean and Sam

I can't belive he expected Dean to call him when Sam's "powers" started. Like Dean said, he wouldn't even pick up the phone when he lying in bed dying