Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Disobedience (View Post)
I'm worried the writers are going to make Cas a full out bad guy, and he's not, he's misguided at best.
From what I hear in Sera's interviews, it seems they are going for misguided, she said that Cas isn't Winchester-side good anymore but he's not mustache-twirling evil either, he's just got it in his head that he has to fix everything that God abandoned, so Cas is basically dealing with daddy-issues and trying to fill his Dad's shoes. In God-Cas's head, he is fixing what's wrong and trying to save the world.

And I think Cas being the bad guy or evil may also very well depend on if it's the souls in control or is Cas really in control.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I think that after he got it all, but I would like to see if he can control it or not, but if he couldn't control it then will he asked for help??

Quote:
I'm worried the writers are going to make Cas a full out bad guy, and he's not, he's misguided at best.
I rather to see him as misguided than being full out bad guy..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Cas can never be bad for me. I'll always see him as misguided and doing things with the best intentions eventhough it didn't work out that way.

Alone together in a world of evil - Dean and Sam Winchester
"After all is said and done, one and one still is one"

Icon by albino_princess
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_in_Faith (View Post)
Cas can never be bad for me. I'll always see him as misguided and doing things with the best intentions eventhough it didn't work out that way.
I think there are many who like to see Cas as evil cunning crafty bad guy, or as Sera puts it "mustache-twirling evil" but he's not like that, if anything, despite his assertion that he's doing the right thing, a part of him had doubts, you could see it in his eyes that he does care in his own way. If he didn't give a damn, if he didn't care and just wanted power and be evil, he could have easily blasted his way past Sam and Dean and just didn't care if they lived or died, things certainly would have been more simple for him, but it's because he did care that he always came back, wanting to somehow still feel a sense of goodness and happiness that the boys can give him.

I've always seen Cas as a child in terms of understanding free-will, and the simple truth is, what do think would happen when an angel who's never experienced free-will is suddenly thrown into a world where he can play by his own rules? Of course there will be corruption of power, pride, and quite a few stumbles along the way. We humans have an easy perception that free-will is simple, but that's because we grew up learning it with our parents guiding us....who the hell does Cas have to guide him? To be honest, he didn't even understand it before he was trying to teach it to other angels and trying to stop a war.

He's like a little toddler or even a teenager who is convinced that he is right about his views and no one can tell him what to do, and if humans can have that and not be evil, then why should Cas not be allowed that? Why should he be simply labeled as evil because in he's convinced that he is doing the right thing to save the world?

Yes he's made mistakes that he must atone for, but if you think of the pressure he was put under, trying to understand free-will, trying to stop another apocalypse, trying to do the right thing, and trying to do what his Father would do and fill in the gaps, none of that is easy even when humans do it, you put that on a celestial level, of course things would go wrong. But it doesn't mean he is fully evil and enjoying everything he does, there's a difference in that.

How many times have we in our own lives decided that we know better than our peers or our parents and strike out in our own path only to be too late to realize the consequences of our actions and end up in a mess that we can't quite get out of? I can tell you that I've done it myself so many times, made mistakes over and over again, and that is why I understand Cas so much and know how he feels when he was walking down his path convinced that he was right. Cas's actions are no different than what any human would have made in their lifetimes, the only difference is that because he is an angel, the consequences are often on a much bigger scale.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 08-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I feel the same way.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 08-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that they don't destroy the bond that Dean and Cas share because that would break my heart. I love how much Dean trusts Cas and vice versa so i know it was tough for Dean when he found out the truth it really hit him hard. I'm hoping that D/C can repair their freindship.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Absolute Fan

After recently watching the Dark Knight, this quote from the movie perfectly fits Cas's current situation:

Quote:
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

How true is this quote! Cas could have died a hero in both Season 4 and Season 5 finales, but instead, he went on to live and survive long enough to see himself turn into the Winchester's enemy! It's so sad!

Here's a part of a recent Jared/Jensen interview by E!Online as the boys talk about the whole Cas situation in Season 7 and how they miss having Misha around on set!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Can you please add me to the list?

I don't even know what to say after hearing that he's not on set. I mean are they serious to kill off such an amazing character.? Cas and Dean have so much potential, so many things to work out. The chemistry, their bond...

I just hope he returns at some point
Old 08-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for posting the video..

is that what you want?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
Can you please add me to the list?

I don't even know what to say after hearing that he's not on set. I mean are they serious to kill off such an amazing character.? Cas and Dean have so much potential, so many things to work out. The chemistry, their bond...

I just hope he returns at some point
Added Welcome!

I'm hoping instead of writing Cas off completely, they just put him on the back burner. I would prefer that he be front and center, but it doesn't sound like we'll get it.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 08-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Here's what Jensen said in another interview about Misha!
Quote:
Jensen: “But nobody has come on and put me on my heels as much as Misha did that first day. I was just like, who is this guy, is he for real? But then it so worked and I was like all right, you’re alot smarter than I thought you were.”
Why? Why writers! Why take such brilliance away!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Thank for posting that part.. I love what he said about him..

is that what you want?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Added Welcome!

I'm hoping instead of writing Cas off completely, they just put him on the back burner. I would prefer that he be front and center, but it doesn't sound like we'll get it.
I guess that's better than nothing and I think that Jared and Jensen wanting him there should mean something!

Icon by albino_princess
Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I guess that's better than nothing and I think that Jared and Jensen wanting him there should mean something!
I truly hope Cas will still remain alive and a presence even if not physical...

It does sadden me when Misha at VanCon just now said that he is aware of the SaveCastiel Campaign but he's not sure if it's gonna work.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 08-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

That's aweful!

Icon by albino_princess
Closed Thread   Post New Thread